SE QLD Toyota Cruise in the New Year

Hey guys, just wondering if there's any interest in a Toyota-only cruise sometime early in the new year? I'm on quite a few different Toyota-specific forums (rollaclub, TOCAU, ASC, etc) and looking to see some cross-forum promotion. At the moment, I'd be leaning towards doing the cruise for charity, maybe a $10 donation - BBQ lunch will be provided somewhere along the way. At the moment we'd be leaving from Southside, then travelling north, past Australia Zoo and up to Montville (for epic fudge and BBQ). After that, back to Caboolture Macca's and then home.

Of course rules will apply, anybody acting like a ***** will be reported to police, etc so don't think this is an excuse to drive like a maniac and get away with it.

At the moment, I'd be looking at running four groups of ten cars including a group leader. The groups are: dailies (I'll lead), modern (DJKOR from here may lead), classic (JiP_001 from rollaclub can lead) and modifieds (possibly MR2Mark from Boostcruising will lead). If you're genuinely interested, you need to post your name, car and what group you'd like to be in. The charity I've chosen is RSPCA, so all the money collected on the day will go to them, extra donations are welcome :)

As I said to somebody in a PM, as soon as Xmas is out of the way, I'll get right in to organising things completely. I'm also looking for anybody who has ways to get stuff like drinks/meats/salads cheap/donated to us and I might organise a "Cruisers Favourite Car" prize. I'm hoping to hit up a few of the local Toyota dealers on the weekend and see if they can donate anything to have for prizes.

For those tl;dr's:

*Toyota-only cruise, $10 donation (going to RSPCA)

*8th of February

*Leaving from southside (around Springwood), heading up the Gateway, stopping at Caboolture McDonalds, then heading past Australia Zoo to Montville. BBQ provided.

*Four groups of ten (possibly 15) cars, groups broken down into modern, classic and modifieds. Each group has a leader, who will be driving an appropriate car for their group.

*Maybe a prize for the favourite car of the day (from votes).

Need somebody to try and help get donations (meats, drinks, etc) for the day.

*You need to post your interest, as soon as everything is confirmed I will need more details (name, rego, car type, mobile, etc).

EDIT: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION -MUST- BE EMAILED/PM'd to me before the 20th if you wish to be on the list.

Name:

Car:

Rego:

Group:

Email Address:

Mobile Number:

I'm only going to have a copy of this so I can keep track of who's turned up or not, and if anybody does something stupid during the cruise.

Edited by the_random_hero

haha try and get the same amout of people as boostcruising had for there xmas charity run to go to this one :o that was an epic turnout!!

good run up there!!! did a similar one with the BMW club

but yeh im all in for that :D

Edited by eSEXSIX

• 2 weeks later...
Count me in (as replied in boost thread)... Can't wait!!

Is the girls group a definite 'the_random_hero'? Is your missus leading it? What's she drive??

Not a definite as such yet, but definitely on the books. She drives a ST184 Celica, so nothing too flash.

The first post has been edited again, the bit at the bottom is what's really important now.

PM sent...

PS - Can you send me your number, car details so I know who's the main boss on the day? Cheers!

A week or so beforehand I'll email around with a list of the different groups, who's the leader of each and details of their car, numbers to call, routes, etc. Don't fret :)

As for the prizes, it's getting a bit more organised. I've bought one lot already (not telling what it is yet, but I hope you all like TRD :)), and hopefully another will be sponsored by my old work. Another member has said if he comes, he will donate a brand new catch can which I'll add into one of the prizes.

sounds like a great idea.

i dont know anyone who has a rolla.

so yeah count me in

Read the first post, send details on through.

The nice people (and I mean this - Phil, Craig and Darlene are some of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of working for) at Autobarn Logan City have kindly offered to organise a gift bucket as a prize. I can't recommend these guys enough; their product range, customer service and installers are some of the best in the business.

• 2 weeks later...