Stock V6 to Aurion TRD (Update with Pictures)

TRDLover

Not a major fan of the guards over the windows or the chrome handles, but the rest looks quite stunning! Very neat quality and build too, especially that sound system that looks almost like stock. Even the wiring in the engine bay looks rather clean.

I'm not sure of what comes standard in that particular model of the Camry, but I take it from the millions of buttons and the remote in the back they are for in-car entertainment or something?

The picture in the rear of the car is actually a sound processor to improve the original sound system. Mine came with the navigation system so didn't want to buy a new one. The summary of the sound system is as follows (all Alpine):

Amp PDX-4.100 and PDX-1.600

Sub 10" SWR-1042D

Front and Rear Speaker 6.5" SPX-13REF

Sound Processor PXE-H650

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same engine guys 100% same without Supercharger!

ATX

Petrol

2GR-FE

Six cylinders, 60-degree V-formation, chain-driven DOHC with roller rockers, four valves per cylinder, all alloy, cross-flow heads, cast-iron cylinder liners.

-

200kW @ 6200rpm

336Nm @ 4700rpm

V6

V-formation

DOHC

4v

Dual VVT-i

Sequential multi-point electronic port fuel injection with ACIS, a hot-wire airflow meter.

91 RON ULP

94.0 x 83.0mm

10.8:1

Distributorless with direct ignition, platinum-tipped spark plugs and two knock control sensors.

12V

1200W

ADR 81/01 Test standard

0 - 60 = 6.9

TRD

Type Petrol

Capacity (cc) 3456

Code/name 2GR-FE

Description Six cylinders, 60 degree V-formation, chain-driven DOHC with roller rockers, four valves per cylinder, all alloy, cross-flow heads, cast-iron cylinder liners

Bore x stroke (mm) 94.0 x 83.0

Compression ratio 10.8:1

Fuel system Sequential multi-point electronic port fuel injection with ACIS, hot-wire airflow meter

Fuel type 98 RON PULP

Fuel tank capacity (L) 70

Fuel economy (L/100km)* 10.9

Carbon dioxide (g/km) 257

Emission rating Euro IV

Max. power 241kW @ 6400rpm

Max. torque 400Nm @ 4000rpm

Edited by MartysAurion

I actually dont mind the kit. The front looks alot squarer & the bottom lip doesn't stick out too far on the front bumper. Makes it look less 'supercar' & more 'sports car'.

Is this kit readily available?

Um... MartysAurion... what were you trying to say in your last post? I'm not quite understanding it's purpose. The Australian Aurion, the Asian Aurion, the US V6 Camry all have the same 2GR-FE engine. The TRD Aurion still has a 2GR-FE in it, which would mean that it has the same engine, bar the supercharger and fuel injectors. I thought that this was already known.

Same engine guys 100% same without Supercharger!

ATX

Petrol

2GR-FE

Six cylinders, 60-degree V-formation, chain-driven DOHC with roller rockers, four valves per cylinder, all alloy, cross-flow heads, cast-iron cylinder liners.

-

200kW @ 6200rpm

336Nm @ 4700rpm

V6

V-formation

DOHC

4v

Dual VVT-i

Sequential multi-point electronic port fuel injection with ACIS, a hot-wire airflow meter.

91 RON ULP

94.0 x 83.0mm

Distributorless with direct ignition, platinum-tipped spark plugs and two knock control sensors.

12V

1200W

ADR 81/01 Test standard

TRD

Petrol

2GR-FE

-

200kW @ 6200rpm

336Nm @ 4700rpm

V6

V-formation

DOHC

4v

Dual VVT-i

91 RON ULP

94.0 x 83.0mm

12V

1200W

ADR 81/01 Test standard

Thanks for the comparison. :yahoo:

I actually dont mind the kit. The front looks alot squarer & the bottom lip doesn't stick out too far on the front bumper. Makes it look less 'supercar' & more 'sports car'.

Is this kit readily available?

Yes, it is actually available but I would not recommend you getting it from here.

I had to go back to get it fixed before I got to this point.

DJKOR

What I meant by displaying the 2 cars AT-X (2007 Australian edition) and the TRD from Australia. Is they have the exact engine model, compression and bore rate therefore I thought if you have the $10,500 to spend on a TRD Supercharger and fittings. That’s exactly what the TRD is right? 2gr-FE (10:8:1) supercharged. With a plastic TRD cover :P

I’m probably wrong, :blink: ,, but I did researched the living hell out of it.

Edited by MartysAurion

DJKOR

What I meant by displaying the 2 cars AT-X (2007 Australian edition) and the TRD from Australia. Is they have the exact engine model, compression and bore rate therefore I thought if you have the $10,500 to spend on a TRD Supercharger and fittings. That’s exactly what the TRD is right? 2gr-FE (10:8:1) supercharged. With a plastic TRD cover :P

So, from 0 - 60 (or 100) is the same?

DJKOR

Hell no.

On Saturday night, I recorded 5.8s from 0-100 km/h three times on a bone dry road with Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres with another person in the passenger seat. Give or take 0.1s for human reaction time, that's still bloody quick. After the initial squeal of wheelspin, the torque pushes you back and the supercharger whines. As long as you change gears once the tacho reads 5,500RPM to adjust for the shift lag, you're laughing.

Edited by Supercharged TRD

DJKOR

Of course not.

Normal aurion and TRD are not same in 0-100KM.

AT-X model is around 7.42sec (may vary on other models depending on some extra equipment) and TRD one is about 6sec.

If there's any difference between normal aurion and trd aurion, why would people buy trd with higher price tag. :spiteful:

EDIT: OOPS..I put wrong word in last words.

If there's NO difference between normal aurion and trd aurion, why would people buy trd with higher price tag. :spiteful:

Edited by JIN

If there's any difference between normal aurion and trd aurion, why would people buy trd with higher price tag.

Because of the Super charger, Body Kit Leather Seats, Brakes and suspension is heaps better than standard.

I still believe there the same engine 1 -supercharger and fittings. I know it's a faster car, much better brakes and suspension.

I have updated the above charts

here is some of the pages for the research I gathered

http://benzs.blogspot.com/2008/01/toyota-t...n-depth-au.html

www.pressroom.com.au/newpressroom/toyota/presskits/06Aurion/30.xls

Edited by MartysAurion

Brought a friend in the TRD on Saturday. He is in the process of purchasing a car.

Brought him around some corners at 80-100km/h tyres squealing and all, he wet his pants (not literally, I would have killed him), got out of the car muttering "holy ****". He now has a new-found respect for FWD cars. It has taken a track day to finally teach me how to properly handle the car, and with new understanding of how the car handles at the limit I can push it further than I used to.

I was actually saving money to trade the car in and buy an Evo X, but the longer I am with this car the more I like it, and the performance tradeoff is really not that great if driven properly.

Edited by Supercharged TRD

Brought a friend in the TRD on Saturday. He is in the process of purchasing a car.

Brought him around some corners at 80-100km/h tyres squealing and all, he wet his pants (not literally, I would have killed him), got out of the car muttering "holy ****". He now has a new-found respect for FWD cars. It has taken a track day to finally teach me how to properly handle the car, and with new understanding of how the car handles at the limit I can push it further than I used to.

I was actually saving money to trade the car in and buy an Evo X, but the longer I am with this car the more I like it, and the performance tradeoff is really not that great if driven properly.

I am envious of you being able to own TRD :unsure: