Tyres screeching

Hi, I have a 07 Aurion Prodigy with around 25k running the default Dunlop tyres.

Recently i notice screeching sound from the tyres when i do a 90 degree left or right turn at reasonable slow speed. I can't reproduce this effect consistently though. I had checked the tyre threads, pressure and didn't find anything unusual.

Any suggestions on what else needs to be checked ?

Regards.

Hi, I have a 07 Aurion Prodigy with around 25k running the default Dunlop tyres.

Recently i notice screeching sound from the tyres when i do a 90 degree left or right turn at reasonable slow speed. I can't reproduce this effect consistently though. I had checked the tyre threads, pressure and didn't find anything unusual.

Any suggestions on what else needs to be checked ?

Regards.

maybe an alignment

if u gonna look into alignment, do remember find someone who can really do a good job!

some are just sh!t, it might get worse than before..

the stock tyres are great, they are not cheap ones.. if u gonna look into buying a new set, it gonna cost u $$$$ to get a good set..

do you have the same problem going around roundabouts at an average speed ?

if so, then its an issue with the alignment and not with your tyres.

im not a mechanic or anything but i had a friend that had the same problem.

-BK-

I find that the Aurion does screech when turning on a smoother surfaces a little more than other cars. Of course you will get screeching in car-parks and similar, but the Aurion does seem to do it more easily. Nothing to worry about there.

Thanks for all the comments.

It screech on tar road surface, both turning left or right. But haven't notice it in roundabout.

My 30k service is coming up. Do you think i should get the alignment check during or after the service ?

Regards.

It screech on tar road surface, both turning left or right. But haven't notice it in roundabout.

My 30k service is coming up. Do you think i should get the alignment check during or after the service ?

Regards.

Well if the screeching is on a normal road surface, it can possibly be an alignment issue. Depends on the extent of the screeching. It never hurts to get a wheel alignment check-up though. I would suggest to tell your service department to make sure they DON'T do an alignment, and then find another suspension mob to check it out for you. I'm not sure of who to suggest in your area, but if you were in Queensland, I would highly recommend Fulcrum Suspension.

Regards.

Well if the screeching is on a normal road surface, it can possibly be an alignment issue. Depends on the extent of the screeching. It never hurts to get a wheel alignment check-up though. I would suggest to tell your service department to make sure they DON'T do an alignment, and then find another suspension mob to check it out for you. I'm not sure of who to suggest in your area, but if you were in Queensland, I would highly recommend Fulcrum Suspension.

Had this problem with my stock tyres up til my last service - Not sure if they do an alignment at service time (All that was mentioned was rotation and balance) but whatever they did fixed it good...

I'm not sure of who to suggest in your area, but if you were in Queensland, I would highly recommend Fulcrum Suspension.

Unfortunately i'm down in VIC. Probably i'll look for a Bridgestone tyre centre.

Had this problem with my stock tyres up til my last service - Not sure if they do an alignment at service time (All that was mentioned was rotation and balance) but whatever they did fixed it good...

That's why i'm reluctant to do a alignment now because 30k will be in 2 mths time. Likely it'll mess up again after the tyres are rotated.

• 2 weeks later...

G'day fellas im a newbie, just picked up my 06' SX6 2 days ago and i also noticed that when doing a U-turn say at traffic lights, my tires also screech making me sound like some hoon doing a burnout at the lights :( not a good sight.

maybe just slow down guys... the screeching is a sign you're losing grip......incase you werent aware.

but im only doing slow speed (grandma like), my old magna didn't even do this (apple's n orange's i know but u get the picture)

although its unlikely being a new car, i would suggest that one or both of the front wheel bearings are faulty.

being faulty, the components could have come apart every so slightly so that when you corner and the vehicle weight shifts it places more stress on one of them, so theres metal to metal contact which is causing the squealing/screeching.

youll know this for sure if you rotate/align the wheels and the wheel nuts are tightened properly (thus bringing all components back into a tight pressed fit) the sound starts again in around 1000km as it again loosens