My Ride WHAT DO U GUYS THINK??

BYL05R

Hey Toyo,

no need to get upset, its your pride and joy, and i am happy for you that you got a car a bit more reliable then the rolla...

besides, majority of us on here are bi-est to toyotas lol :lol:

happy modding :D

Evo

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hahaha "Watch my back" hahah you crack me up, i have owned three commodores and a Gemini so i think that warrants me to be able to put **** on them, my previous rides are as follows VB, RB gemmmy, Vh 308, and a VT. Yeah and your remark about all show and no go well i dont really care for go as my "RICE BOX" Is purely a daily to and from work where there is too much traffic anyway to warrant anything more powerful, i have had two cars with plenty of go before but all that got me was tickets and suspensions and wasted money on fuel and tyres, have fun modding your car with super cheap auto parts, hahahahah

Edited by RAXBELIAL

Oh man. This should go in the things that make you LOL thread.

Your title did say " My Ride WHAT DO U GUYS THINK?? UPDATED!!!!!!!! please comment"

It's an open invite for people to say exactly what they want to. At the end of the day, fact of the matter is that you do have a Commodore which is not a highly respected car when in their basic form especially when posted on a site where preferences are more towards a particular car (Toyota) or type of car (JDM).

Checking back in.

This thread gets better all the time.

Commodores are a good beginners car, cheap as ****, pretty easy to work on.

But a pregnant elephant would get off the line faster than a stock V6.

Do your exhaust and **** mate, learn whats cool and whats not (you've hit all the wrong targets so far lol) and then you can go to a car thats worthy.

Thats my opinion.

Edited by Jap

DJ KOR the title was for the corolla AYE... when i first had the corrola but i wouldnt have that for this car...

and sorry RAXBELIAL For going off man i just wasnt in a happy mood aye....

AND YOU CANT JUST GO TO SUPERCHEAP AUTO MATE... some stuff for my car i needed to get them imported because they dont make them here or they just tooo expensive, but again u guys rather get parts from overseas then local??????????

AND MY FRIEND COMMODORES ARENT CHEAPS if you say commodores are cheap wdf!!!!! corollas are actually cheaper mate but they mostly average out aye

only reason i came back on here because i good friend of mine told me to come back on and i was like yer alright we will see what happens when i update it... ITS NEVER ABOUT A CAR is about what you can do to your car.... I WAS NEVER ON THIS SITE for a passion of toyota i was here FOR THE PASSION OF MODIFICATIONS, makiing it look slightly different

AND WHAT YOU MEAN HIGHLY NOT RESPECTED??????????????????

AND DJKOR NICE AURION =D... sooo sorry for you about the accident man i heard about it felt heaps sorr, and EVO7 ahhhh the good old times still have that corolla :)

OH OH OH AND ALSO NEW MOD

i got a new distributer plus HIGH PERFORMANCE LEADS, plus some nice spark plugs hehehehe =D now the car goes Slightly better OH WAIT THIS ISNT THE COMMODORE I AM TALKING ABOUT THIS IS MY COROLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seee my corolla is my daily drive, commodore is the car i use to go out BIG AND ROOMY =D

Edited by Toyo Assassin

LIKE:

black headlights

HIDs

pod

exhaust

holden banner

engine cover

SO SO:

suspension is ok, should be lower

tinted taillight are too tryhard, would be ok if you had black wheels

DISLIKE:

spoiler, take it off run no spoiler

gear stick, wtf are you thinking its red, buy a black one

HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Neons, are you 5 years old mate, i thought you would have learned on your last car, noone likes them, noone thinks they are cool, everyone will laugh at you, you will look back on them in a few years and hate yourself for it

My last car was a 97 commodore sedan. I spent a fair bit of time and money modding it up. The key to doing this successfully in a commodore is to be neat and classy. For starters, get rid of that gearstick and replace it with a nice leather trimmed one - they're readily available and don't look like cheap supercheap crap.

Also every man and his dog knows what your car is, so get rid of the Holden sticker on the window. Considering you say you don't care for badges then this should be a no-brainer for you.

The Ecotec engine is a slug, hates to rev, and in a heavy **** vehicle like the VT/VX series is not going to move quickly. However if you have a bit of cash and want to persist making the commodore quicker, I suggest the following mods.

1) Restore the factory intake and use a high flow air filter, and a cold air intake. All of which are readily available aftermarket.

2) Differential gears. Upgrade to either 3.7s or 3.9s (if you don't mind higher revving on the freeway, go 3.9s) and a well shimmed LSD. This will get the lard ****d commo moving off the mark.

3) Higher ratio roller rockers. I'd suggest the 1.9 ratio as for the money, these have proven effects on power output and are better designed than the factory fare.

This will make the car at least tolerable to drive around town and have a bit of go. Still remember this engine was obsolete when it was first released, so don't go expecting much. Finally if you have a enough money and STILL wish to stick with it, supercharge it using any of the readily available ecotec kits or if you want to go custom, turbo it. The standard ecotec engine has been proven to reliably withstand up to 250kw (at the engine, not wheels). Combined with the right diff gears, you'll then have it moving well.

But in all reality, don't kid yourself about trying to make the v6 fast and just buy a v8.

Also don't feed the trolls

My last car was a 97 commodore sedan. I spent a fair bit of time and money modding it up. The key to doing this successfully in a commodore is to be neat and classy. For starters, get rid of that gearstick and replace it with a nice leather trimmed one - they're readily available and don't look like cheap supercheap crap.

Also every man and his dog knows what your car is, so get rid of the Holden sticker on the window. Considering you say you don't care for badges then this should be a no-brainer for you.

The Ecotec engine is a slug, hates to rev, and in a heavy **** vehicle like the VT/VX series is not going to move quickly. However if you have a bit of cash and want to persist making the commodore quicker, I suggest the following mods.

1) Restore the factory intake and use a high flow air filter, and a cold air intake. All of which are readily available aftermarket.

2) Differential gears. Upgrade to either 3.7s or 3.9s (if you don't mind higher revving on the freeway, go 3.9s) and a well shimmed LSD. This will get the lard ****d commo moving off the mark.

3) Higher ratio roller rockers. I'd suggest the 1.9 ratio as for the money, these have proven effects on power output and are better designed than the factory fare.

This will make the car at least tolerable to drive around town and have a bit of go. Still remember this engine was obsolete when it was first released, so don't go expecting much. Finally if you have a enough money and STILL wish to stick with it, supercharge it using any of the readily available ecotec kits or if you want to go custom, turbo it. The standard ecotec engine has been proven to reliably withstand up to 250kw (at the engine, not wheels). Combined with the right diff gears, you'll then have it moving well.

But in all reality, don't kid yourself about trying to make the v6 fast and just buy a v8.

Also don't feed the trolls

Most useful reply ever. Atleast someone has the maturity higher than a 5 year olds.

Everything you said is true. Having more power doesn't mean having a faster car.

Rowan: I agree with you man! Ha ha. Some cars look better without the spoiler.

Toyo Assassin: Perhaps change the title of this thread, and you'll stop getting flamed...

AND YOU CANT JUST GO TO SUPERCHEAP AUTO MATE... some stuff for my car i needed to get them imported because they dont make them here or they just tooo expensive

What parts were these?

Just read all the posts. LOL

All i can say is epic fail. And im +1 on andys post.. an AE82 SX would be awesome. (after having seen one leave us all behind around the mountain)

Your old corolla although old, has a lot of potential. Many of the older players here are ditching their Stivos and getting older cars like the AE82

You just have to be patient and do a lot of research on it, im sure you could transform ur old rolla into a neck-snapping ride.

Thats my 2cents

• 1 month later...

BYL-5SR, plz update.

I found the best mod for my Commodore was when i replaced the v6 Ecotech for a Simpson 5.5kg washing machine motor, it now does single pegger's in the wet. Have you upgraded your battery/alternator to deal with all those disco lights???.

I like you number plate :toast: , i waz like gunna get L9-UP-HO but my mudda wudnt let me cos she neds to diliver thinks in it.

Cheers,

Junior u BALL BAG!! WTF are u doin to ur car?? that gear knob is GAY!!! take the HOLDEN BANNER, wing and gear knob of... Wot the hell did u do to the tail lights?? thats so ILLEGAL!! u know u'll get DONE for that around here... CHANGE THOSE FREAKIN STOCK WHEELS!! Get 19s or 20s!!! KEEP IT SIMPLE!!! hahahahahahaha!! YOUR FAMOUS!!!!

Edited by GTL05T

Can appreciate your enthusiasm but cannot appreciate the product sorry. A v6 commo will be a decently fast car for a p plater though..must make your 85 rolla seem like a slowboat lol. Not gonna handle for shiz though.

And sorry to say, a sportivo rolla will wipe the floor with a v6 commo. I don't own one, just have driven my mate's one before. It'll just have to work hard with the power delivery they have. You mention big torque from your v6 and you have a point however it's not just torque.. power comes into play at the higher rpm's. How large of a powerband the engine has, it's rev-ability, the car's weight and also the final drive and gearbox ratio's.

My first car managed to pull away from a vn 5litre and that was a 2L engine only. (was a mitsu fto 116fwkw 1150kg).

My dad's car can beat your dad's car.

Who really cares.

The kid has a commodore.

He imports stuff from overseas because its too expensive here (Magic Trees?)

He has to drive it, not you guys.

So lets have a laugh, life's too short to get worked up.

I'll post a pic later to show you what commodores are good for

• 2 months later...

I wasnt going to say anything, but then I saw the picture...and the plates and the accident and well I couldn't help myself. They suit this thread perfectly:

BYL-05R

Thats one less Commonwhore we have to deal with.

Edited by addy287

I wasnt going to say anything, but then I saw the picture...and the plates and the accident and well I couldn't help myself. They suit this thread perfectly:

BYL-05R

Thats one less Commonwhore we have to deal with.

He wasnt paying attention on the peter brock cruz then BAM!! hit the car in front of him.. nooo goood!