Gen 1 owners speak up

matt_kluger

It seems to me there are 98% gen 2 owners on this forum, any gen 1 owners? It'd be ncie to have a mix.

Cheers

Matt

I know what you mean

2005 CVX - Only had it for a couple of months but it going pretty well so far

It seems to me there are 98% gen 2 owners on this forum, any gen 1 owners? It'd be ncie to have a mix.

Cheers

Matt

I know what you mean

G'day mate, good to see one other CVX owner. I also own a 2005 model, black. what colour is yours? How many kms? They're good hey, whats your fuel consumption like? I was looking at buying the rear spoiler, they make the car look so much better.

Cheers

Matt

Cheers

Matt

I know what you mean

G'day mate, good to see one other CVX owner. I also own a 2005 model, black. what colour is yours? How many kms? They're good hey, whats your fuel consumption like? I was looking at buying the rear spoiler, they make the car look so much better.

Cheers

Matt

White - Just ticked over 50k

ex lease veichle, mine had the rear spoiler on it already (I think it makes a huge aesthetic improvement)

I have since got the factory mats and boot liner (highly recommend) put a towbar on it and got some rhino racks for the kayak

The consumption is exactly the same as my 1995 V6 camry that I sold to buy this.

It sits at about 12L/100km give or take.

Edited by Yogi02

I also have 2005 cvx, silver leaf colour..... B)

Hey mac, cool colour, i almost bought a silver one. How have you found yours, any add-ons, how many kms etc?

cheers

matt

I still have the camry hehehe :rolleyes:

Anyway... mine is just about 55K now... and yeah its a good car.. drove it down south to margareth river last weekend (am in perth) and it was really sweet.. no complaint....

Mine had the rear roof spoiler too..... and rear parking sensor...

Edited by Mac

• 3 weeks later...

hi.. i'm new to this forum...i own ;) 2003 kluger grande, blue/grey color, done 93k, with reverse camera, and nudge bar.

I'm very happy with the fuel eco.. my gps computer show that i only used 12.5l/100km... i used shell optimax and very happy with the price and savings.

the tyre presure i got is 38psi all 4 wheel... its a bit bummpi...

oh ya... i try to update my GPS to version 14. i tried dl from a few site, burn to dvd-dl.. but unable to get it to work...

can any help...

thanks

tonyemailaddress@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...

Cheers

Matt

Yep, Another Gen 1 owner here!

2006 CVX, Blue/Grey (not sure on the official colour name), just ticked over 50k doing a run down to Busselton (WA). Did the whole wine tour deal through margaret river with four adults and three kids. Very happy with the handling in the wet on the winding roads loaded up with seven people and day luggage.

Can anyone tell me if there is logic behind the overdrive button defaulting to on, then once disabling it a light appears on the dash with "overdrive off". I just presumed it would default to off and you would have to engage once you hit cruising speed. On occasion ill forget when you first start the car to disable the overdrive and it is noticeably sluggish. Shouldnt the light come on to alert you to a function being active?? Im may be overlooking some reason if someone can point it out or advise if the default can be reversed!

Has anyone come across a tried and tested accessory to link up an Ipod to the factory stereo in the CVX? I bought the top of the range Belkin FM tuner/charger with "Clearscan" but it is still very average.

Thanks all

Cheers

Matt

2006 CVX, Blue/Grey (not sure on the official colour name), just ticked over 50k doing a run down to Busselton (WA). Did the whole wine tour deal through margaret river with four adults and three kids. Very happy with the handling in the wet on the winding roads loaded up with seven people and day luggage.

Can anyone tell me if there is logic behind the overdrive button defaulting to on, then once disabling it a light appears on the dash with "overdrive off". I just presumed it would default to off and you would have to engage once you hit cruising speed. On occasion ill forget when you first start the car to disable the overdrive and it is noticeably sluggish. Shouldnt the light come on to alert you to a function being active?? Im may be overlooking some reason if someone can point it out or advise if the default can be reversed!

Has anyone come across a tried and tested accessory to link up an Ipod to the factory stereo in the CVX? I bought the top of the range Belkin FM tuner/charger with "Clearscan" but it is still very average.

Thanks all

If you want to retain the factory head unit - the only option i know of is to use a tape to 3.5mm plug adapter thingy, much better quality than an FM transmitter

If you want to retain the factory head unit - the only option i know of is to use a tape to 3.5mm plug adapter thingy, much better quality than an FM transmitter

Thanks for the idea, ill look into it but now you've got my mind going! Do i really want to retain the factory head unit?? I do miss my Alpine/Pioneer system i had in my previous car, more than i thought i would!

Cheers

HI All i have a 05 CV with 96,000 km on the clock. White in colour with rear parking sensors and cargo barrier. Very happy with the Kluger. Last weekend took it for a trip to Sydney and the avg L/l00 km came in at 9.4 on BP 98 octane.

I am a little concerned with the price of parts for the Klugers they are a lot more expensive then most cars i have owned in the past so look after your ride's well. :rolleyes:

Cheers Trent

Cheers

Matt

Thanks all

head to your local wreckers... you may be able to pick up a Toyota 2din with Bluetooth, and MP3 playback... some have an AUX in, on the front.

HI All i have a 05 CV with 96,000 km on the clock. White in colour with rear parking sensors and cargo barrier. Very happy with the Kluger. Last weekend took it for a trip to Sydney and the avg L/l00 km came in at 9.4 on BP 98 octane.

I am a little concerned with the price of parts for the Klugers they are a lot more expensive then most cars i have owned in the past so look after your ride's well. :rolleyes:

Cheers Trent

haha yeah how about $380 for an engine cover... or $150 for a set of two front mudflaps that look like they're from big w.

pfft rip off.

Cheers Trent

haha yeah how about $380 for an engine cover... or $150 for a set of two front mudflaps that look like they're from big w.

pfft rip off.

All I can say is EBay - there are quite a few toyota genuine parts on there from time to time.

Filters, roof racks, headlight covers, mats, tow bars, replacement keys etc

• 5 months later...

Cheers

Matt

Thanks all

we've got a 04 cvx which now has an upgraded stereo, dvd, mp3 etc with rev camera, bluetooth, tv

• 5 weeks later...

Hey there. Gen 1 Owner here. Just bought a 2005 CV Sport with 49000Km on it. very nice. It comes with the rear spoiler which I agree makes them look top notch. here is the link to my thread with some pictures if your interested http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...t=0#entry372888

Another Gen 1 owner here... 2006 Kluger Grande. 70,000km on it so far. Bought it second hand 4 months ago (ex-lease). I had always driven a Holden Commodore / Berlina / Calais before. Fuel consumption seems to be around 13-15L/100km, but the Holdens gave me 18-20 for the same sort of drives (stop-start traffic on the way to work). Haven't really taken it off-road so far.

Another Gen 1 owner here... 2006 Kluger Grande. 70,000km on it so far. Bought it second hand 4 months ago (ex-lease). I had always driven a Holden Commodore / Berlina / Calais before. Fuel consumption seems to be around 13-15L/100km, but the Holdens gave me 18-20 for the same sort of drives (stop-start traffic on the way to work). Haven't really taken it off-road so far.

same here buddie. Owned commodores all my life. Now driving the Kluger. Sweet upgrade if you ask me.