What did you do to your car today?

Changed the brake pads from Bendix General CT (was only thing I had available in a hurry when I desperately needed them) to some new QFM HPX pads. Also rotated the wheels while I was at it. And got a rude shock when I pulled the left rear wheel off. Had a nail stuck in the pit of the tread in the very centre. Had that repaired as well.

Then took it to the developing estate around the corner which has road around it in a square layout about 300-400m each side. Just enough to bed in my brakes. Got a bit of smoke coming out from them towards the final stages. Then took it onto the highway just next to it to cool it all off.

The difference between these pads and the last set are massive. Can't wait till they have been fully bedded in over the next week before QR.

On a side note as a funny story, when I was working on my front brakes and had both hands squeezing hard to push the pistons back, I heard a loud pop sound that gave me a pretty hard shock. Happened to be a paint tin in the corner of the garage that had the sun shining on it. Guess it got some strong pressure inside and it blew the lid off. Not the type of sound I wanted to hear while doing something to the car.

Took the Momos back off because they were too flat to drive to the servo, put stockies back on then drove down the road, pumped the Momos up and put them back on in the forecourt (hope no-one wanted to use the air or water whilst I was there :P)

Then ducked up the road to Braye Park and took some photos overlooking town

P1120130.jpg

P1120134.jpg

P1120139.jpg

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Hit the redline so many times, even jesus himself wasn't able to keep up with me. I hate driving when I'm angry. <_<

I don't need to be angry to hit redline numerous times in one drive :lol:

As for what I did with my car today.... avoided an accident, that's what. Was travelling about 50km/h in a left lane which was a turning lane for a street up ahead. The right lane was standing still. Just my luck, some hopeless b*** thinks it would be wise to move into the left lane as I was approaching. Hit my brakes hard and had the ABS working real hard to get the car to a stop. She decides to stop with her car diagonally across both lanes. My front end stops just before her rear door.

Hit the redline so many times, even jesus himself wasn't able to keep up with me. I hate driving when I'm angry. <_<

I don't need to be angry to hit redline numerous times in one drive :lol:

As for what I did with my car today.... avoided an accident, that's what. Was travelling about 50km/h in a left lane which was a turning lane for a street up ahead. The right lane was standing still. Just my luck, some hopeless b*** thinks it would be wise to move into the left lane as I was approaching. Hit my brakes hard and had the ABS working real hard to get the car to a stop. She decides to stop with her car diagonally across both lanes. My front end stops just before her rear door.

That's close Daryl, so close to QR and your car is all prep up for the big day..

thanks to Shire.zre received a great parcel of mirror covers . so off to the spray painter for test fit and painting so far so good.

You're welcome. Look forward to seeing pics of them fitted to you ride ;)

As for myself, I got a pair of Philips Crystal Vision (4,300K) bulbs and fitted them today. Toyota couldn't have made changing bulbs any more difficult. It's either that or I have huge sausage fingers. hehehehe :)

Anyway, the end result is pretty cool and matches the LED parkers and 4,300K bulbs I have in the fog lights.

I only changed the low beam at this stage. I don't think I will change the high beam as this is a temporary mod until I get my projector headlights :clap:

Well, it wasn't something i did to be exact, it was something some flipping douche bag did...

Stole my fricken number plates whilst i was parked at the Liverpool library car park...

It happened yesterday and i didn't notice til this morning...

Oh, and i filled it up with some juice just then.

Well, it wasn't something i did to be exact, it was something some flipping douche bag did...

Stole my fricken number plates whilst i was parked at the Liverpool library car park...

It happened yesterday and i didn't notice til this morning...

Oh, and i filled it up with some juice just then.

sh*t, better report it before the cops come busting down your door saying your car was involved in some sort of crime

Yeah, i got it reported as soon as i had found out.

so it's all good. :)

i just need to get those anti theft screws that the police were installing for free at train stations recently...

any idea of how i got about obtaining them?

Edited by Get Funke