cops

123R-Prozak

k driving on narellan rd, see cops pull some guy over and im like whatever, driving with music going and windows down, drive past, cop gives me a dirty... anyway i get to northern rd, and see a blue ve commo behind me, and i knew it was that cop, so i didnt speed what so ever, and was all good, he pulled me over, and got me for foglights :o lol.... $84, no demerits.. now as this was happening a ve GTS with foggies drove past and nothing happened <_< well guess my eye lids will have to wait extra long to be painted....

tho lucky he didnt say anything about the HID's, lowered or wanted to see under the bonnet so all worked out ok i spose, except $84 :o :(

Sucks you got pulled over, but personally I dislike people using foglights when theres no fog. Cause my cars so low they shine right into my cabin and my mirrors become useless.

Its easy here in Perth - maybe once a year (if that) we get fog that might actually require me to turn on my fog lights, so they're never on.

Sucks you got pulled over, but personally I dislike people using foglights when theres no fog. Cause my cars so low they shine right into my cabin and my mirrors become useless.

Its easy here in Perth - maybe once a year (if that) we get fog that might actually require me to turn on my fog lights, so they're never on.

Couldn't agree more, people driving around with their fogs on in good weather is a pet peeve of mine. Sorry you got done for something they /never/ enforce, cop must've had a real bad day.

Ouch, that sucks.. whats worse is that someone i know had his P plates displayed upside down which equated to a $200 fine and 2 demerit points for obstructing the view or something. Whats stupid is I've had other friends pulled over with NO plates on and they just got a warning, but putting a plate upside down caused him to lose his license cos it was his last 2 points.

Ive started to notice a lot of cars driving with high beams on all the time, either that or it might be cos they are 4wd and their lights are a lot higher, cos i get a massive amount of light in my mirrors occasionally when there's a 4wd behind me, not sure whether it is high beam or what.. might be cos of the reflector lenses they use, it is so bloody irritating but fog lights have never really bothered me too much, here in Sydney most of the cars that have fog lights turn them on

dude that's gotta suck man there are some cops who are okay and just let u no then there is others who think they r king of the world cause they have a badge i have come across these not driving but skating.

yeh i said its northern road, its bitch black, its 12:30am, i want as much light as possible...

do you think its worth writing a letter saying it was pitch black and its a dangerous rd blahblah???

most states have laws regarding fog lights not being used unless it is foggy to warn other motorists mainly,driving lights would be different and they have to be at grill level or above but not above the bonnet-thats how it is in sa anyways

most cops r ok but u always get some that are having a bad day

cheers corey

regardless of the angle you take, whether you argue theyre driving lights or fog lights, you wont win. all australian road rules clearly state that both driving lights and/or fog lights cannot be used except for in hazardous conditions.

any light mounted beneath the low beam headlight assembly is considering a front driving/fog light

My advice: stay under the radar.

Loud music, loud exhaust, fog lights, fancy stickers, big wheels... all draw attention from the COPs,

Do you know how many ways you can get fined if you get pulled over?

A simple "not comply with vehicle standard" could cover everything you've done to your car.

In addition if you are P plater with a little attitude, you will have less chance.

Edited by SemiAutoG22

regardless of the angle you take, whether you argue theyre driving lights or fog lights, you wont win. all australian road rules clearly state that both driving lights and/or fog lights cannot be used except for in hazardous conditions.

any light mounted beneath the low beam headlight assembly is considering a front driving/fog light

been pulled over twice by cops and both didnt care about the foggies, i made the point both times to specifically ask about foggies and there reply from 2 seperate cops was. We dont car as long as they arent some crazy green or yellow etc.....he stated that they drive with both sets on in their commodores the majority of the time. I make sure i keep that police officers name and badge number in my car so if im ever pulled over i can atleast mention....look XYZ police officer on X date stated that it is fine.

Legally its probably not fine....just that i think you would be unlucky (atleast in VIC....heard NSW are a holes about it) to be done for yout foggies

Every Tom, D!ck and Harry driver that has foglights fitted to their car drive with them ON. Cars these days are coming out with them intergrated into the headlights switch, so when your headlights are on, so are your foggies. It really P!sses me off whenever people have their Fogs ON, because they are an unnecessary device on normal roads.

Also, for those that are wondering, when you lower your car, the lights behind you from another car become brighter, since they are supposed to be pointed down.

Evo

Every Tom, D!ck and Harry driver that has foglights fitted to their car drive with them ON. Cars these days are coming out with them intergrated into the headlights switch, so when your headlights are on, so are your foggies. It really P!sses me off whenever people have their Fogs ON, because they are an unnecessary device on normal roads.

Also, for those that are wondering, when you lower your car, the lights behind you from another car become brighter, since they are supposed to be pointed down.

Evo

i argue the point that they are an unnecessary device.....i know for me anyway that the foggies are great....i have them on permanently whenever i have my lights on....they give you greater peripheral light up and low close to the car light up.....the peripheral light is great at night especially on roads full of wildlife....although true that if you do see a roo or something in your periphery right there....little chance you can do anything to avoid hitting it....i love the foggies....will be leaving them on permanently until fined.

PS....fair sure they are written as fog lights in our manuals...someone mentioned earlier they are as driving lights...dont think so.

-as someone else says....comes down to the cop....in all my meetings with police being pulled over they have been polite and respectful.....a few times they have been quite strict and a touch aggressive but that was times when it was warranted due to my actions (speeding....bit spirited through round abouts etc)...apologize...bit of a chat with them and alls well..

honestly though, i cant see what all the fuss is about. i have driven past thousands of cars with fog lights on, and not once have i been distracted or blinded by them. even when its wet, i dont notice any difference. can someone please enlighten me why its so bad?

if anything, all you gents with HID's whinging about foggies being too bright should take a look at your own car.

I agree that the 3000K fog lights are annoying and distracting and shouldn't be used on normal roads but honestly have you ever looked at the direction the Corolla's fog lights/Driving lights are pointed?

Park it in front of a wall say 10m back and mark a line - Turn your headlights on and mark the top of that line - My point? They are less obtrusive than your headlights.

yeah exactly....like when i was talking to the cops too they were more speaking of after market add ons.....ones that are built into the bumper via manufacturer i dont think the cops are too worried about as they are fitted from factory and aim at right angles etc....its more the nissan silvia with the Autobarn add ons below bumper that shoot up at a 45 and are bright green.

Does that mean i can have 2 led strips on my grill and wired to my parkers with out getting fined?

Does that mean i can have 2 led strips on my grill and wired to my parkers with out getting fined?

It depends on how the cop sees it. If it sits in a position that is away from the headlights, they can still get you for it saying it's fog lights or it can 'dazzle' other drivers. You may get away with it for most of the time, but all it will take is the wrong cop to see it.

you would only do that if you want to look like a dickwad

stuff like that, as DJKOR said, would distract/dazzle oncoming drivers. same as the led's mounted on the windscreen washer sprayers

stuff like that, as DJKOR said, would distract/dazzle oncoming drivers. same as the led's mounted on the windscreen washer sprayers

On a side note, those Audi LED lights can dazzle me all they want. Those things are sex in LED form.

900136864_d8e2ce8599.jpg

They especially look good from a hundred metres or so.

And don't get any ideas. These on any other car but an Audi is just trying too hard.

been pulled over twice by cops and both didnt care about the foggies, i made the point both times to specifically ask about foggies and there reply from 2 seperate cops was. We dont car as long as they arent some crazy green or yellow etc.....he stated that they drive with both sets on in their commodores the majority of the time. I make sure i keep that police officers name and badge number in my car so if im ever pulled over i can atleast mention....look XYZ police officer on X date stated that it is fine.

Legally its probably not fine....just that i think you would be unlucky (atleast in VIC....heard NSW are a holes about it) to be done for yout foggies

Why can't foggies be yellow? I thought the whole point of foggies was to project a yellow beam to cut fog? Cars like the Lexus IS200 come with JDM yellow foggies.

Why can't foggies be yellow? I thought the whole point of foggies was to project a yellow beam to cut fog? Cars like the Lexus IS200 come with JDM yellow foggies.

I think you maybe right...foggies are suppoosed to be yellow,the yellow dose cut thru the fog better than white and can be seen better by other motorists,where as a white light bounces back at you no matter how bright they are...

i'm thinking all these matching white spoiler/bar lights should be considered as spot/driving lights and leave the yellow light as the fog description.

p.s i had these bar/spoiler lights (genuine) in my old Ford BA XR6 and the Ford dealer classed them as a driving lamp/light and i think i read somewhere when i purchased the car they were called driving lamp/light. :)