Tofuboi's Aurion - The Tofutaxi

Tofuboi

Just wondering how many of the cheaper brand tyres are load rated correctly (95V Aurion std load & speed rate)...say 245/35/20 or even harder to find 245/30/20 very limited,i'm not proud of the price of my Yokohama's at around $600each but when i was doing my wheel & tyre set up i spoke to my insurance company Shannons and they would not cover me without the correct load rate,so i was stuck with about 4-5 realistic choices... :(

I agree with 1stKill totally on having the right load rating for the tyres. When i bought my wheels about a month ago, i insisted on the correct load rating tyres as ATX need at least 95 & above, end up with Kumho KU31 245/40/19 98Y instead of Kumho KU31 245/35/19 93Y which is the one included in the package. How glad i am to insist the right loading tyres as i just had an accident two weeks ago, the assessor at NRMA told me that he did check my tyre loading and it is right for the car. I asked him what if i don't have the right loading and ask what if mine is 93? He say he can easily report it and most likely i will not be covered in the accident, but he also say it is up to each individual assessor whether he wants to report it and some tends not to report it. BUT WHY TAKE THE CHANCE and do you think an assessor will help you lie over doing the right thing and keeping his job?? You might think, ney it will not happen to me as long as i drive carefully...BUT ***** happens, i never have any accident since i got my license back in 1997 but it still happens (just a small accident involving minor repairs).. Just my 2 cents opinion... :)

A 7 year old kid jumps out front of two sportivos, mine with my potenza rubber, and another with big rims and kumho, kenda, nankaang, hankook, firestone, etc etc etc. 7 year old is more like to live as my tyres stop quicker. fact. check the reviews.

don't think performance tyres are just for the track people, no no no

whitestivo

edit: phil, i'd written something but when i re-read it, it'd come out a lot harsher than i meant...

i dont know how to say what i want... but basically, this is my view...

when you're talking about 20" rims, the extra $3-400 for "performance rubber" is really not worth it, imo...

if you want to ignore the track performance of the tyre and focus on the safety of it, then thats fine too..

imo, if a tyre is sold in australia and meets the standards for the road and is legal on the car (ie, correct load rating, size, etc), then i really cant see how a "sh!t" tyre is going to kill the kid...

if you're talking about size vs size... are you telling me that 19" to 20" makes a HUGE difference as well? seriously?

cause my car came std with 19" rims... i cant see how increasing it by 1" is gonna kill the kid...

avstral: yeah mate... cause everything i do is for the chicks to notice me and my fuli sik ride bro!!

if i wanna make the chicks wet, i'll take my mum's and my dad's mercs out... or better yet, i'll take my ferrari enzo out...

seriously man, how old are you? do you still think that you gotta impress the "b!tches and hoes" with your "fly ride"!? :lol:

Edited by SecaBoy

LOL, LOL and LOL there Ash.

BTW to avstral as well, the Aurion may not be a BMW, Merc, etc but it still impresses many people. A stock Sportivo or TRD still gets many looks. Not if you have a bone stock AT-X, or Presara though.

And the car performs as well. Obviously you haven't driving yours with control at such a pace before to know just how good they are.

If you need to use your car to impress girls, it also shows you need to work on some serious life skills.

years ago when i had the ae92, i got a big rims and tyres deal, i got some falken 315 or some rubbish, though they were australian standard and load rating compliant. i remember thinking how great i looked with big rims. I had problems in the wet with those tyres and then one day driving on the old highway between tugun and banora point, my car aquaplaned across the road into oncoming traffic, in a 100kmh zone. i was fortunate that the other cars could move to the shoulder and I survived. from that day on, i always take my life and my tyres more seriously then the size of my rims.

Other times, when i've pushed it just a little to hard, those tyres on my current car have saved my bacon pulling me up much faster than i could have expected. reviews put these tyres metres and metres in front of others, that a real world difference

whitestivo

years ago when i had the ae92, i got a big rims and tyres deal, i got some falken 315 or some rubbish, though they were australian standard and load rating compliant. i remember thinking how great i looked with big rims. I had problems in the wet with those tyres and then one day driving on the old highway between tugun and banora point, my car aquaplaned across the road into oncoming traffic, in a 100kmh zone. i was fortunate that the other cars could move to the shoulder and I survived. from that day on, i always take my life and my tyres more seriously then the size of my rims.

Other times, when i've pushed it just a little to hard, those tyres on my current car have saved my bacon pulling me up much faster than i could have expected. reviews put these tyres metres and metres in front of others, that a real world difference

whitestivo

Pure passion...i love it :)

You know your right Phil,i did the same as a young fella (big wheels & cheap azz tyres) and nearly came a cropper with my mum & dad in the car (not being stupid,just shocking road conditions)...from that day quality tyres & brakes have been at the top of my mod list...and they have helped out on more than one occasion in 20+yrs of driving.

p.s i saved my pennies an extra 3-4 months so i could purchase quality tread with the new rims (had the rims for 2 months without any rubber)...i know what a pain in the azz the wait was like,but in my opinion worth it and would do it this way again.No harm in buying the wheels and sourcing your own rubber,seems to work out better this way,most of those tyre & wheel packages (as DJKOR) said sell with cheap tyres and it also makes the deal/price more attractive to the inexperienced buyer.

Come on, Aurion is not flashy car at all. Its nice ride, looks alright, it can perform, but dropping it down to make it look like sport car or putting large wheels do not change it to bmw or v8 or anything else flashy. Safety and perfomance on the average road is a key to safe driving and living. I just dont get why put style( in case of aurion) before safety and perfomance. I do understand cheap commodores putting wheels and other flashy stuff, coz nothing else can be done to them(just very old), and yes, holden have different image that family toyota.

dont want to offend anybody, just my 2 cents in terms of wheels. Its not just about Aurion, streets are full with strange big rims 4wds, ugly sounding exhausts and other cheap looking mods. Why doing it to a new car to put it in same category as a cheap old one.

Edited by avstral

Well I can safely say that I an greatful for the Tyres chosen. It happened to rain last night and I started to think about the quality of the pirelli in the wet. Well it was really good which I was truely happy with!

On the subject of brakes aswell, I need to get these DBA rotors on stat! Current ones are a bit hosed. :(

Come on, Aurion is not flashy car at all. Its nice ride, looks alright, it can perform, but dropping it down to make it look like sport car or putting large wheels do not change it to bmw or v8 or anything else flashy.

We never said anything about putting new wheels on to make it look like a BMW or any other 'flashy' car like that. It's called individuality. Making something of yours more aesthetic for your own tastes.

Your argument is invalid to the point of discussion here.

Anyways, I'm throwing in the towel here. I really CBF going in circles. If no one likes your Aurion, then that's your problem. I've got many people that like mine and respect the things I've done to it and the care I have towards to. Your argument is like going up to a girl and asking why she puts on make-up and makes herself look different.

Come on, Aurion is not flashy car at all. Its nice ride, looks alright, it can perform, but dropping it down to make it look like sport car or putting large wheels do not change it to bmw or v8 or anything else flashy.

We never said anything about pitting new wheels on to make it look like a BMW or any other 'flashy' car like that. It's called individuality. Making something of yours more aesthetic for your own tastes.

Your argument is invalid to the point of discussion here.

Yep,avstral is the only one thats mentioned BMW & V8 and flashy(silly response IMO),and as Daryl said it's personal taste and no real harm to you or other motorists so i'm wondering where your argument is coming from?Also this is Tofuboi's thred which in a way is to celebrate and show other interested members his new purchase,so maybe you should start your own thred on your likes & dislikes for big wheels & tyres ect ect... ;)

hahaha... this is funny...

one thing i've learnt over the years is that tyres are a VERY hard topic to discuss... so many people have different opinions that the discussion will just go around and around and around in circles... lol

i'm with daryl... my towel is now thrown in... :D

oh and sorry tofuboi for the thread hijack!!

Same from me as well Nathan. You should start a nice clean Members Ride thread where you just focus on the car so you don't get massive hijacks.

Tofuboi car is nice, personally i think that rear wheels looks a bit too small(coz of tread), may be just photo. Just cheap tyres( not Tofuboy's) was mentioned. Thats all. If you say that mods are for personal taste, thats alright. Many people i know think that you trying to make different car out your own. Thats why its looks funny on the roads. Coz this thing all over the world, i traveled and lived in different countries and everywhere same idea. Cheap car=visual mods. aurion not really cheap, but.. it will never look like sport car or sound like one.

Thank you for discussion. Tofuboi, sorry, mate, for creating offtopic.

Edited by avstral

Same from me as well Nathan. You should start a nice clean Members Ride thread where you just focus on the car so you don't get massive hijacks.

That's ok guys I know you mean well haha. I will create a members ride thread methinks :) thanks to those who appreciate the car for what it is.

That's ok guys I know you mean well haha. I will create a members ride thread methinks :) thanks to those who appreciate the car for what it is.

Tofuboi,

car looks brilliant, very retro with those wheels :D i first looked at it... didn't much like them, but they are the type of wheels that grow on you... WELL DONE! :D

As for Mr Negative... Have you not seen ELEGNT's ride? i have never seen so many people take photos of his car in all my life... even when whitestivo was driving, pics were taken :o not flashy... yeah right LOL :lol: and it looks better then all those luxury cars listed IMO :D

Evo

Come on, Aurion is not flashy car at all. Its nice ride, looks alright, it can perform, but dropping it down to make it look like sport car or putting large wheels do not change it to bmw or v8 or anything else flashy. Safety and perfomance on the average road is a key to safe driving and living. I just dont get why put style( in case of aurion) before safety and perfomance. I do understand cheap commodores putting wheels and other flashy stuff, coz nothing else can be done to them(just very old), and yes, holden have different image that family toyota.

dont want to offend anybody, just my 2 cents in terms of wheels. Its not just about Aurion, streets are full with strange big rims 4wds, ugly sounding exhausts and other cheap looking mods. Why doing it to a new car to put it in same category as a cheap old one.

I don't think anyone of us are trying to change it to look like a BMW or V8... some change wheels because they like the looks of the wheels on their car, it perhaps match their personality... it doesn't mean they change it to look like a BMW or V8.. not all people like these cars anyway..

Do you buy clothes so that you will look like the model that endorsed the clothing lines or do you think that the clothes will look good on you??

When you say streets are full of strange big rims 4wds, ugly sounding exhausts and other cheap looking mods.. it might be strange to you but it might be AWESOME in their eyes and ears, that's why we are all different in a certain way.. as for cheap looking mods, well not everybody can afford or willing to pay top dollar for everything, its what they think is worth. With limited budget especially those who are students or not working full-time, creativity kicks in and makes it all the more fun.. If you like what you see out of your car.. that's what count regardless of what others have to say.. :)

I don't think anyone of us are trying to change it to look like a BMW or V8... some change wheels because they like the looks of the wheels on their car, it perhaps match their personality... it doesn't mean they change it to look like a BMW or V8.. not all people like these cars anyway..

Do you buy clothes so that you will look like the model that endorsed the clothing lines or do you think that the clothes will look good on you??

When you say streets are full of strange big rims 4wds, ugly sounding exhausts and other cheap looking mods.. it might be strange to you but it might be AWESOME in their eyes and ears, that's why we are all different in a certain way.. as for cheap looking mods, well not everybody can afford or willing to pay top dollar for everything, its what they think is worth. With limited budget especially those who are students or not working full-time, creativity kicks in and makes it all the more fun.. If you like what you see out of your car.. that's what count regardless of what others have to say.. :)

I am with Ingres, this is what the modified car scene is all about... If everyone didn't have their 'own' sense of style, then we wouldn't see all the crazy and out there cars today... hope that made sense... ;)

You mod your car to your 'own' personal liking :D keep it real YO! :lol:

Evo

Getting back on topic after debating tyres,

Iam going to protest for the Tofuboi man to get his kick **** ride lowered and iam going to rally it :yahoo:

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

Getting back on topic after debating tyres,

Iam going to protest for the Tofuboi man to get his kick **** ride lowered and iam going to rally it :yahoo:

AUR30N

HAHAHA fair enough :P