eBay HID LIGHTS

stedyedy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought 3 different kits off this seller.

Buy with confidence. The one I'm running in my stivo has been going strong for about a year now.

x2 on the blinding bit.

I had some cnut think he was some cool guy with his HID blinding everyone in front yet he had the ordasity to turn on his rear fog lights as I was coming behind him with my fog lights on (which incidentally was wet when I left work but this was a good 50mins into my drive heading home which was dry). I responded with a nice set of high beam followed by a long and slow 40km/h in the 60 zone in the fast lane plus some birdy signs. I wasn't in a rush so I just kept a good 5 car distance away to give the full effects of the high beam.

Now 2 wrongs don't make a right but I found it totally hypocritical that someone would think they have the right to give road rage to me about my lights when they themselves are doing exactly the same thing.

So to all you people with aftermarket HID, you'll get exactly the same treatment coz I seriously cannot see with the worst possible spectrum of the colour band to shine into people's eyes.. blue is 1) harmful for your eyes long term, 2) comes off to the human eye as glare, 3) illegal which renders your insurance invalid. Not to mention blue is the LEAST sensitive to the human eyes when headlights are suppose to be the device that gives you vision in the dark.

Buy with confidence, expect accidents guarenteed.

I have ad no issues with HID retrofits into halogen projectors that are correctly aimed. I have been in front of as well as aproaching those with them, and have had no issues with them being too bright at all.

HID retrofits into a reflector lens, that's another story.

Do Presara's use the same projector as the other models? Cos if that were the case wouldn't a HID retrofit of the same temperature as a Presara be just the same as the car that comes with HIDs as standard?

An alternative i've been thinking about is putting those Philips Crystal Vision globes into my headlights, would that give off a "HID look"?

Do Presara's use the same projector as the other models? Cos if that were the case wouldn't a HID retrofit of the same temperature as a Presara be just the same as the car that comes with HIDs as standard?

Slightly different optics in terms of lamp placement, etc. As wll, the Presara come with auto-levelling headlights which helps stop unwanted glare.

An alternative i've been thinking about is putting those Philips Crystal Vision globes into my headlights, would that give off a "HID look"?

That will end up with a much dimmer light output and it's not worth the effort in my opinion.

Holy crap, I reckon 20000k or 30000k will do the job just right !!! It'll look HOT! None of this blue business! :P

ps. just joking :P BUT i would actually think about getting a set just to see what it actually looks like if they had them in my bulb type.

Edited by STYLSH

did they replace it without question or they flapped around with ur ballast?

my fren`s ballast had trouble as well..cost him an arm n a leg to ship it over n back..

took forever as well..

so i cbf sending mine..just left it as it is..

I have ad no issues with HID retrofits into halogen projectors that are correctly aimed. I have been in front of as well as aproaching those with them, and have had no issues with them being too bright at all.

HID retrofits into a reflector lens, that's another story.

Stop feeling disallusional about projectors being "OK" for aftermarket HID. There are projectors and there are projectors. Just because it's a projector type headlamp does not mean it's great. Projectors (and reflector type) have built in glare for halogen to light up things such as overhead signage. They can be just as bad as reflector style and the Aurion + Camry is one of the bad ones for fitment of these.

If you really want to see a great set of projectors, look at the S15 headlamps. Great for use in the city, hopeless on dark roads without street lights.

Added to that HID is not the "solution" for dim nights because of the large variance between the dark unlit area vs the lit area. The larger the variance, the harder it is to see an object that is slightly lit up by the glare produced (if the lights have a sharp cut off). So that kangaroo/child/sharp rocks on the road that's just in the distance would not be spotted until your headlights shine on it. By then, it might be too late to avoid. There is a good case for still using halogen as well as a good case to use HID even in OE design.

In response to the post above, I wasn't saying that the halogen projectors were perfect for HID conversions. I am aware of the 'squirrel spotters' and how it creates glare, but the glare from them with HID's is nowhere near as bad as that from HID's in reflectors. I bet if you got a car with HID's in reflector lenses and another in halogen projectors and put them side by side, the one with the projectors will be giving off less glare.

technically its illegal to modify anything on your car...

but yes, HID's are illegal (at least in qld anyway) without auto levelling headlights and headlight washers...

but meh... it lights up the road SOOOOO much better than the halogens... i had a accord euro before this TRD and when i got the TRD i was so disappointed in the light on the road in front of me... so i got a set of HID's and its made a HUGE difference... i dont regret it at all...

technically its illegal to modify anything on your car...

but yes, HID's are illegal (at least in qld anyway) without auto levelling headlights and headlight washers...

but meh... it lights up the road SOOOOO much better than the halogens... i had a accord euro before this TRD and when i got the TRD i was so disappointed in the light on the road in front of me... so i got a set of HID's and its made a HUGE difference... i dont regret it at all...

Incorrect. You are allowed to modify a lot of things on your car. Different/lighter/stronger/larger wheels, different tyres (even semi slicks), shocks, spring rates, sway bar, add fog lights, add rear fog lights, add indicators on the mirror, new stereo, bigger speakers.. the difference between modifying what I've mentioned and HID is that HID affects the safety of people immediately in front of you even if you are not moving at all. If you stop being selfish for a second and think of the other road users (this includes pedestrians as well as other motorist) out there, maybe you'd get some sense into you. OE HID is vastly different to dropping in a ScamBay kit.

Australia follows the same rules as Europe for headlight rules but it comes down to, if no one pulls you up, then it must be legal. It's like murdering someone is fine, as long as you're not caught.

Freelance, people don't know how to use the headlight adjustment if their lives depended on it.

Incorrect. You are allowed to modify a lot of things on your car. Different/lighter/stronger/larger wheels, different tyres (even semi slicks), shocks, spring rates, sway bar, add fog lights, add rear fog lights, add indicators on the mirror, new stereo, bigger speakers.. the difference between modifying what I've mentioned and HID is that HID affects the safety of people immediately in front of you even if you are not moving at all. If you stop being selfish for a second and think of the other road users (this includes pedestrians as well as other motorist) out there, maybe you'd get some sense into you. OE HID is vastly different to dropping in a ScamBay kit.

Australia follows the same rules as Europe for headlight rules but it comes down to, if no one pulls you up, then it must be legal. It's like murdering someone is fine, as long as you're not caught.

Freelance, people don't know how to use the headlight adjustment if their lives depended on it.

I don't know about other people but after I put a HID kit from Scambay in my last Camry and adjusted my headlight, I've asked everyone if the new headlight is too bright, too much glare. 100% of them said that it looks totally fine, it won't bother them. I've never got flash from other road users because of my HID light. I've got pulled over so many times for random breath test, the cops always walk around the car and have never mention a thing about my headlight. So AM I being selfish here? How is that effecting other road users? Am I murdering someone with my headlight here?

hmm s15 being good projectors? :wacko::blink: The cut off from them isnt that good.... It still produce quite a bit of glare...

You should really look at European ones.... M3s, X5s, CLKs, Porsche, RX300s all are way more superior.

And I have seen the cut off for the TRD Aurions and they seemed to be fine if HIDs were fitted in them.

Hahaha. Smellytofu. If you actually read what I wrote, I mentioned that hids ARE ILLEGAL.

Call me selfish, but I'd rather seeing the road for my hour drive home than worrying about blinding some person for a couple of seconds. I'm sure they can deal with it. Lol.

My view is that it's no different to getting bright glare from 4WD's and trucks. I just do what I've been taught and that is to keep your eyes on the road in front of you and if the car approaching has brighter lights just turn your head away ever so slightly.

Anyways, I've officially left this argument. It's just like everything else. You'll end up going in loops. Some people agree, some don't. I don't care what others say, I'm still keeping my decisions.

It reminds me of this forum I was reading the other night about the Skyneedle here in Brisbane now up and running. There were all these people complaining that it pollutes our night sky etc, etc. I on the other hand quite love having it running. I think it looks great.