Evo7

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey 1stkill,

Everything is alright, yes this is true what happened to the motor, went Bang! Around 200-210k km. The only couple of sources why it did this because it was overdue for a service and it was on its way out, happened sooner rather then later.

Have a new motor ready awaiting fitting, so since this is my daily driver not running, I am using PT to get around... Fun haha :P

What is BHG? (I assume Blown Head Gasket?)

This is what I wrote to KenshinX:

motor hasn't been removed yet, but from discussion with mechanics and describing what happened, seems it spun a big end, and also possibly a hole in the side of the block. (Hole is only an assumption, it's on the back of the block ie. Exhaust side.) Thinking this since it dumped all the oil out of the motor in about 20-30 seconds after it blew.

So I do require a whole new motor, and it is to be fitted this coming weekend :clap:

I hope this is more understandable now for everyone ;)

Edited by Evo7

Evan, i just heard this from Superdave, and had to come on for a look.

To your credit, the little banger went for years, I always thought you were going to blow that 1zz sky high any minute. I was always thinking hearing you drive, this time, oh this time, but it just kept on rolling.

I'll keep my eyes out for a replacement. Like those rims too, what happened to the rsgt's?

Nothing comes close to my 09wrx yet, so still in it.

When I heard what happened to Evan, I had to come online.

The first mod to evan's rolla was done by me, and that was getting rid of those crap "stubberfield motors" number plate covers, he was so unsure about it,haha

Ministivo is 5 months now. So far he's owned a few cars but his prize will be anyone in an 86...all this while driving facing backwards, what a talent.

You guys still meeting up thursday nights?

Wow, amazing what such a thing can do, such as raising whitestivo from the depths.

Yes, it did last a long time, considering everything.

4ABHGE, no 2zz conversion, would be looking at min. 3k for that. So another 1zz is going back in.

And that was probably one of the best mods that whitestivo showed me, lose dealer plate surrounds haha :P

After everything is said and done, I will probably be putting her back to stock under the bonnet, just a clean daily, but no go... For now ;)

Also, sold off previous set of wheels, so only have the deep dish wheels now.

Edited by Evo7

Hey 1stkill,

Everything is alright, yes this is true what happened to the motor, went Bang! Around 200-210k km.

Just want to double check. Is that 200-210km/h or 200-210km overdue for the service ?

Hey 1stkill,

Everything is alright, yes this is true what happened to the motor, went Bang! Around 200-210k km.

Just want to double check. Is that 200-210km/h or 200-210km overdue for the service ?

No, was sitting on cruising speed (100-110km/hour) but the odometer for the motor is at 200-210k km.Because these develop an 'oil burning' problem after a certain amount of time, a combination of not keeping up to check and a bit overdue for a service would have contributed to this...

Expensive lesson I guess :blink:

the 1zz's only burn oil if they've had a poor service history, good oil every 5000k's and they go forever ;)

This is what I will be doing for the new/replacement motor, I have always run good oil, but and a huge BUT, I serviced it every 10,000km, which is clearly too long from what you are saying.

I hope my lesson can be used for others not to do the same :D

• 2 weeks later...

Update all,

New 'heart transplant' is complete :D

A HUGE THANKYOU to Daniboy for all of his help to do this, it has been a challenge to do such a feat, and I am no longer rocking the TRD Supercharger kit.

I have decided to revert back to stock, so if anyone wants it, PM me ;)

Here is a pic of the old motor removed from the car:

IMAG0448.jpg

Pretty sure its broken haha :P

Gee Evan didn't expect to come back to see this after a while off the forums. Give her too much of a reaming hey...

Unlucky but hey **** happens I suppose. I bet you'll get the SC back on again soon with the withdrawal of power ;)