Flipsta's ZRE152 Rolla

flipsta24

how many mm drop in front n rear is that?

they are lovells stage 1 kit so roughly about 35mm

wow thats nice ! superlow rears ?

nah man stage 1 coils there's just a bit of weight in the rear which are my subs so it sits just how i like it....lol

Charlie

Very nice drop Charlie,next time i see you i'll have my tape measure, how much weight would you say is in the boot?

well i got my spare tyre, amp + sub so i'd say bout 25-30kg.......that's just an estimate though mayb i'll try and weigh everything up on saturday and see how i go from there

Charlie

Do you have some sort of blue tint on your windows?

Nice ride by the way, clean and simple :)

The drop looks perfect as well.

thanks, nope no blue tint, there's actually no tint on the car at all

Charlie

UPDATE

got my car lowered today, got my springs put in for $100 what a bargain lol...here' some pics, now im ready for a zre photoshoot :D :D

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Charlie

Just noticed...ur rims and mine are the same = =...

UPDATE

got my car lowered today, got my springs put in for $100 what a bargain lol...here' some pics, now im ready for a zre photoshoot :D :D

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Charlie

Just noticed...ur rims and mine are the same = =...

lol :D.... yes i was gonna get full black, but decided on hyper black instead....

Charlie

Hey Charlie,

Shoots look awesome! You guys have more modified ZRE's up there than down here in Melbourne. :)

Did you install the CAI yourself? If yes, is there anything like a screw or bolt holding the stock piping at the very bottom?

Cheers,

Peter.

Hey Charlie,

Shoots look awesome! You guys have more modified ZRE's up there than down here in Melbourne. :)

Did you install the CAI yourself? If yes, is there anything like a screw or bolt holding the stock piping at the very bottom?

Cheers,

Peter.

hey Peter

thanks! :) as for the intake there's a little pin like the cover for the battery that holds the snorkel on place the front bar needs to come off it took me about 2 hours to get the CAI in there was only some minor mods that had to be done like the silicone tube had to be cut about an inch or so because it sat where my foglight was sitting so i had to sit the airfilter higher, im trying to organise a group buy for the INJEN CAI if you are interested i just need 5 people interested and it will cost around $400 each and and extra $16 or something like that for interstate people posted to your door

Charlie

hey Peter

thanks! :) as for the intake there's a little pin like the cover for the battery that holds the snorkel on place the front bar needs to come off it took me about 2 hours to get the CAI in there was only some minor mods that had to be done like the silicone tube had to be cut about an inch or so because it sat where my foglight was sitting so i had to sit the airfilter higher, im trying to organise a group buy for the INJEN CAI if you are interested i just need 5 people interested and it will cost around $400 each and and extra $16 or something like that for interstate people posted to your door

Charlie

Hrmm, I have disconnected and removed the little stock piping where the air feed is (where air goes in) to where it meets the piping that is a 'U shape' (if you get what I mean haha). I have also disconnected the part of the piping where it meets the stock airbox. I tried pulling out the U part of the piping, couldn't get it loose so assumed it was hooked down to something haha. So you're saying what is holding the lower section of the pipe down is similar to the thing that holds the battery in place? If the front bar needs to come off..I might leave it there for now if it's too difficult. It's not connected to anything atm.

Thanks!

Peter.

EDIT: I was thinking about it back when the INJEN prototype was out, but I have decided not to get one. :)

Edited by dwee.

hey Peter

Charlie

Hrmm, I have disconnected and removed the little stock piping where the air feed is (where air goes in) to where it meets the piping that is a 'U shape' (if you get what I mean haha). I have also disconnected the part of the piping where it meets the stock airbox. I tried pulling out the U part of the piping, couldn't get it loose so assumed it was hooked down to something haha. So you're saying what is holding the lower section of the pipe down is similar to the thing that holds the battery in place? If the front bar needs to come off..I might leave it there for now if it's too difficult. It's not connected to anything atm.

Thanks!

Peter.

EDIT: I was thinking about it back when the INJEN prototype was out, but I have decided not to get one. :)

yep the u shape piping is being held in by one of those clips that covers up your battery and radiator etc, the front bar may have to come out otherwise you can just force it out with a flat head screw driver but i wouldn't recommend it

Charlie

yep the u shape piping is being held in by one of those clips that covers up your battery and radiator etc, the front bar may have to come out otherwise you can just force it out with a flat head screw driver but i wouldn't recommend it

Charlie

Ah okay. Looks like the U part of the piping is going to stay there disconnected for now until I look at it more carefully. I want to remove it properly. Thanks!

Pretty tight engine bay huh? haha :)

How's the CAI? Lose a bit of torque down low?

Peter.

Charlie

Ah okay. Looks like the U part of the piping is going to stay there disconnected for now until I look at it more carefully. I want to remove it properly. Thanks!

Pretty tight engine bay huh? haha :)

How's the CAI? Lose a bit of torque down low?

Peter.

lol yea fair enough, yea it's a very tricky engine bay to get around, the CAI is really good better top end, the torque down low seems pretty good still, i'm hoping to get it dynoed in a couple of weeks time if it all works out well, i should have my other bags of goodies by then to

Charlie

Let me know how it goes. Luckily for you (and for your reference), I have already dyno'd my car (was doing it for kicks haha). Everything stock, best run was 74.1kW @5900-6000RPM at the wheels and ~220N.m @3500-4000RPM atw. Pretty much smooth power curve all the way to peak power. As for torque, hovers between 190-220N.m at all revs. Let me know if you want me to scan my dyno sheet to compare. :P

Peter.

Edit: I dyno'd my car at the July Meet, at GTCC Club Meet with some TOCAU members.

Edited by dwee.

Let me know how it goes. Luckily for you (and for your reference), I have already dyno'd my car (was doing it for kicks haha). Everything stock, best run was 74.1kW @5900-6000RPM at the wheels and ~220N.m @3500-4000RPM atw. Pretty much smooth power curve all the way to peak power. As for torque, hovers between 190-220N.m at all revs. Let me know if you want me to scan my dyno sheet to compare. :P

Peter.

Edit: I dyno'd my car at the July Meet, at GTCC Club Meet with some TOCAU members.

sweet, well i'll get mine done first and then we'll compare it i guess so others can take a look aswell probably wont be for 3 weeks and im still waiting on my front strut and rear sways bars to turn up, as well as the slotted front and rear brakes im considering on getting lol

Charlie