Sway bars

stockvvti

Hi,

The sways made a huge difference for me.

Whiteline

Front - 22mm adjustable / non-adjustable

Rear - 22mm Solid non-adjustable

TRD

Rear - 23mm non-adjustable

i'd say depending on what kind of money you want to throw at it, and also, what you want your car to do... then decide. ;)

cheers.

Whiteline Swaybar bits for Corolla ZZE122 12/01-04

Front Swaybars

- BTF72 R 24 B (non-adjustable)

- BTF72Z A R 24 C (adjustable)

Rear Swaybar

- BTR77 R 22 C (non-adjustable)

Can't remember pricing, I had it all written down somewhere but cannot find it now, but get quotes from a few places eg Repco, Autobarn, etc. Direct from Whiteline is not always cheapest, plus you can bargain a bit with price-matching policies ;)

I'd go with whiteline as they will be cheaper than the others and do the same job. I can supply for the following prices;

BTF72 front sway bar 24mm $150

BTF72 Z adj front sway bar 24mm $200

BTR77 rear sway bar 22mm $190

PM me if this interests you and I can then give you prices on freight etc depending on where you reside.

Cheers SILVABULLIT :D

I'd go with whiteline as they will be cheaper than the others and do the same job. I can supply for the following prices;

PM me if this interests you and I can then give you prices on freight etc depending on where you reside.

What about installation?? A Maglight, mis-sized spanner and drunk Kyle for support... :P

What about installation?? A Maglight, mis-sized spanner and drunk Kyle for support... :P

Probably do it quicker and easier with out kyle ;)

Progress Rear Sway Bar = 90USD

Have you more info on this IMEK other then just some words? I'd like more info regarding branding/manufacturer perhaps some pics and details on thickness(es) and stiffness. 90 USD may sound cheap but I'm sure does not include drlivery which would cost a bit for the size of the thing. Plus Whiteline is a local manufacturer to Australian road conditions and highly respected here and starting to make inroads into the US market. Maybe visit Whiteline web link and see for yourself...

22 mm hollow.

www.progress.com

fits perfectlty. designed for the heavier matrix, so prolly stiffer than whitelne. bought it for $120 shipped US -> PL. Look for Petertracks at www.matrixowners.com, and he'll give you a bargain quote.

Designed to work with stock front, eliminates understeer almost totally, which cannot be said about front+rear combo. all you need to know is in the suspension section of the above mentioned forum.

ps.

Did I sense a bit od annoyment or agression in your post?

personally i think that not having decent rubber and suspension to hold you down, you won't be able to push the car that hard to feel the 'difference' between the different aftermarket swaybars.

22 mm hollow.

www.progress.com

fits perfectlty. designed for the heavier matrix, so prolly stiffer than whitelne. bought it for $120 shipped US -> PL. Look for Petertracks at www.matrixowners.com, and he'll give you a bargain quote.

Designed to work with stock front, eliminates understeer almost totally, which cannot be said about front+rear combo. all you need to know is in the suspension section of the above mentioned forum.

ps.

Did I sense a bit od annoyment or agression in your post?

Nah there was no annoyance I just wanted more info then a price, I like to know that the price will get me, but take note of Shoa's comments... The solid bars are always stiffer, so the question was valid, I stick with the Whiteline or TRD option...

the whiteline rear is a 22mm solid bar, trd 23mm solid as well.

I just checkegd, Progress is also 22mm solid.

Stiffness depends more on material than being solid/hollow.

TRD and Hotchkis swaybars snap at welds, Whiteline has exactly the same design. I chose Progress b/c of its unique design with reinforcements in places where TRD breaks.

I just checkegd, Progress is also 22mm solid.

Stiffness depends more on material than being solid/hollow.

TRD and Hotchkis swaybars snap at welds, Whiteline has exactly the same design. I chose Progress b/c of its unique design with reinforcements in places where TRD breaks.

solid and hollow make a big difference. 1mm thicker makes an even bigger difference. wat sort of different materials would u want to make a swaybar with?

wat sort of reinforcements does the progress one have. how unique is it's design. there might be cases, but i haven't seen or heard any TRD bar being broken yet. i don't see or hear of any bar that progress say that they are stronger, or have special welds or guaranteed from breaking. perhaps u might like to enlighten us again.

solid/hollow - of course, makes a huge difference. The question thou is - for the knowledgeable in physics - where do the forces concentrate (sway bar acts like a spring).

As for materials -- I'm sure there are lots of different steels with different "spring rates".

Progress has additional triangle reinforcements strengthening the joint between the horizontal bar and vertical mounting "sockets"...

TRD and Hotchkis snap all the time. Read user feedback on matrixowners.com. It just needs a good milage to break.

enligtened?