is the car a actual workin model?

i like the interior but this car doesnt look cheap maybe at least a 45k - 50k car...

I highly doubt they will use the same brakes; they were two piece floating rotors with 4 pot callipers on the front.

The interior surely will be dumbed down to make it cheap. The car is said to have less than 200hp so they can cheap out on the engine option too.

If Toyota bought it here I'd say they would stick it in the same price range as the WRX/GTi/so on cars. Or they could source ours from South Africa so its dirt cheap :P

curve ball s2000 price range :(

The funny thing about the S2000 was how much Honda over charged here for it. In Japan it was bout $35k AUD, while in the States it was about $32k AUD. The main issue was idiots kept paying $70k for them here <_<

I'd say it'll go up against the MX-5, no power and no weight competition (makes for fun though).

That said I know for a fact that this car has many s2000 owners eager.

tbh if Australia has more population comparable to USA, then we could guess our cars could be alot cheaper due to bigger markets and competition... all those big price tags for japanese performance vehicle just makes would be converters stay with their local variety...

if they bring it out here as a celica, i will be drive to a dealership so fast i will probably crash my current celica and need a new one anyway...

What ever car I have at the time WILL BE SOLD on the way to the dealer ... So I will need one anyway.

Oh, and I will also take the day off work to go for a drive, taking a fold up chair to sit and look at it for a few hours.

Then I will sleep next to it on the garage floor.

Then my wife will get unhappy with me and steal the keys so I spend time with her ...

if they bring it out here as a celica, i will be drive to a dealership so fast i will probably crash my current celica and need a new one anyway...

What ever car I have at the time WILL BE SOLD on the way to the dealer ... So I will need one anyway.

Oh, and I will also take the day off work to go for a drive, taking a fold up chair to sit and look at it for a few hours.

Then I will sleep next to it on the garage floor.

Then my wife will get unhappy with me and steal the keys so I spend time with her ...

I have a feeling Toyota won't risk releasing this car on the general public; they will leave themselves open to class action law suits over failed marrages :lol:

But that said I'm not sure how Toyota will keep up with demand.

PS. I hope it isn't called a Celica, just doesn't have a Celica vibe about it (to me anyway). I wouldn't be surprised if they name it 'Hachi Roku'.

I wouldn't be surprised if they name it 'Hachi Roku'

Gold. Let's hope so!!

So will Panda paintjobs be an option?

Factory option 8inch wide Wantanabe replica alloys?

In all seriousness, nice work. Provided they keep the weight down and the power not too modest, I'm in.

Anyone want a cheap sportivo??

I wouldn't be surprised if they name it 'Hachi Roku'

Gold. Let's hope so!!

So will Panda paintjobs be an option?

Factory option 8inch wide Wantanabe replica alloys?

In all seriousness, nice work. Provided they keep the weight down and the power not too modest, I'm in.

Anyone want a cheap sportivo??

Hachi means 8 and Roku means 6 in japanese. Hence the name Hachi Roku. ;)

Body shape from side view reminds me of 350z/370z.. but front looks awesome...love the lights.

panda option? lol... buy a white one and diy yo!

• 1 month later...
I dont get it.. y cant they make the turbo-ed ft-86 sound cooler??

Ft-86 G-sports sound like G-spot -.-

Should just call it Ft-86 GT or something ... beats G-spot anyday -.-

haha good call..

G spot..

• 3 weeks later...

Lets hope and pray that Takumi Tax won't bite into this one eh?

Coz really, lets face it, I've seen actual AE86's with kouki fronts go for 16k when getting something similar would set you back around 1~3k, not even that. <_<

• 2 weeks later...