Silver Mesh on Black ZR6

ZRSHIFT

I actually really like the silver mesh look, but i think im perhaps one of the few? has anybody thought about putting the toyota badge back in the middle or a TRD one to the side?

I did a silver mesh instead of black and have black mesh ready to change back if i dont like it.

So opinions please, what u guys rekon??

the mesh at the bottom looks good but the top one looks a little bland, maybe the black mesh would work but that may be overkill the other way.

I actually really like the silver mesh look, but i think im perhaps one of the few? has anybody thought about putting the toyota badge back in the middle or a TRD one to the side?

If you do this, it would look very close to the TRD grill.

Silver or Black or even white will look good. They are supported by ur other mods. Mix n match them and ull get a superb overall. So far so good. ;)

Yeah Matt, I was thinking of getting a black toyota badge and putting on mine. Not sure of the best way of fixing it on though...

That silver mesh looks pretty damn good, Peter. Really finishes the grill off nicely. Especially on a black car.

has anybody thought about putting the toyota badge back in the middle or a TRD one to the side?

I have been thinking for a while now that if I get one of those Thai grilles I will get a 'mounting block' made up to mount a Toyota badge on it (much like the TRD grille) and color code the outer plastic trim and the badge mount piece. I personally think they look a bit bland without it, and the badge would do a nice job of breaking up the gaping black space a bit.

88163d1231699902-toyota-camry-facelift-revealed-07trdaurion_013hr.jpg

Hey Michael,

It's possible to buy some Toyota badges that simple have adhesive to hold them on to the grills/bodywork with no little "prongs" these would be quite ideal :D

That’s interesting that other also thought the Thai grill with a Toyota badge may have a passing resemblance to the TRD grill.

So I’ve had a bit of a crack in paint at putting some badges in the grill, check them out but no laughing, i didn’t spend long on them. Peter i have used your car for the example as you took a great front on view so i hope you don't mind :)

post-14878-1259051238_thumb.jpg

post-14878-1259051767_thumb.jpg

post-14878-1259052039_thumb.jpg

post-14878-1259052572_thumb.jpg

Haha thats cool mate, looks kinda funny if i may add.

Im gonna try and put the black on and see how it goes, but ill do it next week or something, too busy at the moment.

Im sure black mesh would look way better, but we shall see in a weeks time aye

The silver mesh with black Aurion combination works quite well. Once again, it is about breaking things up and getting the look right.

Don't ponder on it too long though otherwise you may never be able to reach an agreement with yourself. Then if you experiment with black mesh, you may think to yourself "this looks alright", when the silver was much better but by this time, now you don't know. I would personally say to leave it silver.

I'm with DJKOR. i this the silver mesh with the black looks the goods, i even like the toyota badge in the centre - my dodgey artwork aside that is lol. It's unique and looks good!

A black toyota badge on it would look awesome!

Screw conformity, if you like it, it should be all that matters. Having the sports grill on my car has made more that one person do a double take to see what car it is.

Individuality is a subtle thing that allows you to express yourself!

Silver mesh on black +1

KG

Edited by Kenny G

Haha thanks guys. I personally am going to change it to the black mesh and then mix and match until i find myself satisfied.

I'm not quite happy with the silver becoz i hav black to try out so nex week wen im not busy ima do it and then post up pics and u guys can hav an input

• 2 months later...
I did a silver mesh instead of black and have black mesh ready to change back if i dont like it.

So opinions please, what u guys rekon??

I reckon it looks sick... did you put it on urself? how?.. where do you get the mesh from??

I reckon it looks sick... did you put it on urself? how?.. where do you get the mesh from??

Changing the mesh is easy to DIY. You can easily obtain it from most auto stores like Autobarn for under $20 for a large piece. You simply cut it to shape and attach it to the frame of the grill. It is simply held on with cable ties all around.

Changing the mesh is easy to DIY. You can easily obtain it from most auto stores like Autobarn for under $20 for a large piece. You simply cut it to shape and attach it to the frame of the grill. It is simply held on with cable ties all around.

or you can buy special mesh glue, but it's pricey for something you'll only use once... I had a friend use it for his skyline and has never come off.