Does Econo-Maxx Vortex Generator really Save Fuel?

Peter Yeh

Have a read of this:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...ic=25289&hl

Edit: Also, look at DJKOR's post (fourth post) where he clearly says stay clear from the following:

Vortex Fuel Saver

Hiclone

+20HP etc Performance Chips

Toyota Aurion OBD Performance Flash Chip

Electric Supercharger

Where you went ahead and wasted money on the first thing DJKOR listed not to buy. :(

Edited by unique

Have a read of this:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...ic=25289&hl

Edit: Also, look at DJKOR's post (fourth post) where he clearly says stay clear from the following:

Vortex Fuel Saver

Hiclone

+20HP etc Performance Chips

Toyota Aurion OBD Performance Flash Chip

Electric Supercharger

Where you went ahead and wasted money on the first thing DJKOR listed not to buy. :(

Yeh...Was gonna say this.. You're the 1st one to install this one as I'm aware. So far, most people in the forum wouldn't bother install any of this. Found several tips that's healthy than wasting some money :lol:

When u receive your Econo-Maxx Vortex Generator from ebay, do me a favour, THROW IT IN THE BIN :lol: turn around in circles 3 times touching your nose and holding your ear, i'm tipping that will save u more fuel :P In all seriousness though, do yourself a favour and ask before u buy that sh*t.

Will he get the full benefits of that vortex without a fuel magnetiser and snake oil setup?

I think for maximum benefit he should add the electric supercharger. Using this in conjunction with it ought to bring in some extreme airflow that can put an expensive turbo to shame.

What makes me facepalm even harder is that he purchased it then asked if it works.

How it works: The Econo-Maxx produces a vortex, effect in the combustion chamber of your engine. This allows for better atomization of your fuel, resulting in more complete combustion of the available fuel.

Ok correct me if im wrong, but the atomisation of the fuel is determined by injection pressures and injection spray patterns. As far as i see it, a blatant lie or false advertising. Aside from the fact that "vortex" probably wouldnt make it to the combustion chamber in the first place. If anything i think it would hinder the atomisation of fuel within the combustion chamber.

How it works: The Econo-Maxx produces a vortex, effect in the combustion chamber of your engine. This allows for better atomization of your fuel, resulting in more complete combustion of the available fuel.

Ok correct me if im wrong, but the atomisation of the fuel is determined by injection pressures and injection spray patterns. As far as i see it, a blatant lie or false advertising. Aside from the fact that "vortex" probably wouldnt make it to the combustion chamber in the first place. If anything i think it would hinder the atomisation of fuel within the combustion chamber.

Yup, atomisation of the fuel is done by the injectors, not the air flow.

It goes to show that they can sound like it's all technical etc, and still manage to catch a fool.

Of all things, I would expect this to reduce air flow to the engine.