For the photographers among us

-DAvo

Looks a fair bit like maybe one of the Canon 1200mm L USM models... they are insanely massive. I saw one last year at the Avalon airshow. Just wish I had something along the lines of a Canon 1D or at least a Canon 5D body... only got a 450D right now, but have a 70-200mm L USM and 17-40mm L USM lenses for it. Even on a basic camera body still takes some absolutely stunning shots. If only there weren't chunks of dead pixels on the sensor... but that's what happens after like 80,000 shots and lots of travel through adverse conditions!

I was curious about what kind of zoom you get out of these and came across this site which is reviewing the 1200mm version. Either way, there is a comparison part if you scroll down and the amount you can see with such a lens is quite crazy... but then again it's size is crazy as well.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews...ens-Review.aspx

this is a post from a mate on another forum:

I went to a Canon expo at Photo Continental a few (several) years back, and they had every bit of kit made by Canon. Introducing the Canon 1200mm (1920mm with crop sensor):

1200.jpg

They were custom made when a client put in an order, although most of these lenses were owned by canon and lent out to their CPS clients. According to wiki, Sports Illustrated owned 2 of them, and the billionaire founder of oakley and red digital has one also. B&H Photo in the US had a second hand one for sale for $120,000USD!!!

• 1 month later...

Holy ****! That's amazing.. Now evry1 can call themselves pro. With this comin up soon, this will beat the whole idea & purpose of Censoring.. Photoshop FTW!!