2003 hatch or sedan 1zz & 2zz windows rattling

this problem is really annoying me, i have a 2004 conquest hatch and when i have windows half wound down i get rattles through road vibrations...

not full on rattling but enough to annoy. is anyone else experiencing this problem?

anyone seen toyota about it? goes for anyone that has leccy windows.

not sure if ascents are experiencing this at all.

a friend of mine that has a conquest is having these problems too.

My front windows don't rattle but the rear ones rattle badly - so much so that I seldom open them.

I asked the w*nkers at my dealership to fix it and like just about everything I ask them to do - they said they had but they hadn't.

Edited by gravityfreak

yep also have this problem......... Sorry "CHARACTERISTIC"

Only way to avoid it.... Have the windows all the way down or all the way up

:lol: that's wat i do. i hate having them half way up or down coz it splits my view of the wing mirror into a darker and lighter half with the window tints.

:lol: that's wat i do. i hate having them half way up or down coz it splits my view of the wing mirror into a darker and lighter half with the window tints.

agreed... with the tint I just find it annoying having the window half way so generally closed of all the way open, but just a little open at the top (~3-4cm) sometimes just to feel the breeze

i realise its annoying like that, but what if we wanted the option of windows half way. they shouldnt' rattle.

personally i've got a/c on constantly. i don't like windows down all the way if i have them open.

keep these coming. i'm going to confront Toyota about it.

it spoils the toyota name having problems like these.

i realise its annoying like that, but what if we wanted the option of windows half way. they shouldnt' rattle.

personally i've got a/c on constantly. i don't like windows down all the way if i have them open.

keep these coming.  i'm going to confront Toyota about it.

may the force be with you.

keep these coming.  i'm going to confront Toyota about it.

may the force be with you.

yeah tel me bout it. i think they hate me as it is. for the first month i had my car i was very picky about scratches... there were 3 little ones lol only a new black car owner would see. they ended up spending about $4000 re doing paint. then they scuffed me new 17's and had to replace a rim $400 then they had to re do the paint protection. and lent me a newy ascent which only had 20k's on it. by the time i got it back to them it has 2000k's hehe and i thoroughly wore the engine in :D

yeah tel me bout it. i think they hate me as it is. for the first month i had my car i was very picky about scratches... there were 3 little ones lol only a new black car owner would see. they ended up spending about $4000 re doing paint. then they scuffed me new 17's and had to replace a rim $400 then they had to re do the paint protection. and lent me a newy ascent which only had 20k's on it. by the time i got it back to them it has 2000k's hehe and i thoroughly wore the engine in  :D

how long did u have the ascent for ?!!?

I also have rattles in 2003 5d Corolla TS (Europe) when the windows are 4-5cm open. I can hear intense rattles just closing the doors, not needing irregular road surface.

Toyota mechanics spray some silicone but after 2-3 weeks the situation is awful again.

I think the window rubber frames are badly engineered materials. There is some obvious variation in tightness from door to door. My front doors are worse!

I also have rattles in 2003 5d Corolla TS (Europe) when the windows are 4-5cm open. I can hear intense rattles just closing the doors, not needing irregular road surface.

Toyota mechanics spray some silicone but after 2-3 weeks the situation is awful again.

I think the window rubber frames are badly engineered materials. There is some obvious variation in tightness from door to door. My front doors are worse!

i really think this is a factory mistake. if i can get more people to verify this is an occuring problem we as toyota owners shouldn't have to put up with rubbish. although its hard to get toyota to listen.

good example is sportivo gearbox/clutch problems. they fixed it.

Ic3man - only had the ascent for a week and a half.

yep! rattles galor!

i make a salt shaker look bad!

Characteristic.... <_<

Progress guys, spoke with toyota dealer on Friday and they will be looking at the problem next week. will keep you posted. Over the fone they said the windows shouldn't be rattling the way i explained it to him.

Progress guys, spoke with toyota dealer on Friday and they will be looking at the problem next week. will keep you posted. Over the fone they said the windows shouldn't be rattling the way i explained it to him.

That's good to hear as I've had this problem during my 1st year of owning it. I just thought it was one of those characteristics of the car. It rattles when I close the door and rattles when driving over bumpy roads. It's either drive with windows all the way down or all the way up. If you can get it fixed please let us know. i wanna get this fixed as well.

Cheers :)

our power windows are mighty super dooper quick when going up or down too... i wonder if that has anything to do with it  :unsure:

haha i don't think that's got anything to do with. as that only refers to the motors used. the window itself will sit on a rack. what i'm thinking the problem is the rubbers used in the corollas aren't thick enough making the window loose.

this shouldn't be a characteristic as the guy from toyota said. i've had my car for almost a year and this problem has occured 3 months after purchase. its getting worse from my perspective that's why i want to take this matter furtherer.

and to prove that its not a electric window characteristic i've test out my mates subie's 200's the accord euro, monaro's leccy windows and none rattles...

if anyone is actually progressing with this matter to their toyota dealers let me know.