Matt's Aurion (sorry... no creative alias)

Matt.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far so good. They look great in the day... super white and equally as bright as the stock bulbs (I've only put one side in so I can take a comparison photo tonight). I'll let the pictures do the talking later tonight. Obviously I can't comment on durability yet, but they were only cheap so it won't be too devastating if I don't get too long out of them.

Ok, here's a night time shot. Obviously only one side is fitted so you can get a bit of a new vs old comparison. You can see that the LED does not throw the light as far as the standard yellow bulbs do, but I assure you the light is just as bright/intense to look at, so they look great! I'm really happy with the brightness and colour, the only thing that remains to be tested is the durability.

imag0144a.jpg

Typically these bulbs are not too durable and won't put up with the rigours of driving over rough roads.

I don't understand the point of these bulbs though if you're only after them for how they look rather than being of actual use in projecting light, seeing as they're illegal to run whilst driving under normal conditions.

Typically these bulbs are not too durable and won't put up with the rigours of driving over rough roads.

I'd be more concerned about the durability of them due to power. They only use resistor/s as a means of current limiting and as a result, they tend to burn out relatively quick.

I don't understand the point of these bulbs though if you're only after them for how they look rather than being of actual use in projecting light, seeing as they're illegal to run whilst driving under normal conditions.

Same here, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't consider getting a pair and now want to get them after seeing that. I only use my foggies when the sun is starting to set and I want to turn my lights on so people can see me better on the road. If I reckon I can make it home before it gets too dark, I'll turn the fog lights on to save me from using the HID headlights.

I also use them instead of the headlights when driving in the rain. I never really use them so I can see better when driving, so having something like this which has equivalent brightness regardless of throw would be perfect for me.

I've been searching the forums but couldn't find the post, somebody a while back posted a picture of the same type of LED bulb, but in a state of disrepair. I would suggest you keep on an eye on them every now and then.

Edited by u54mot

Why would these fail on rough roads? As Daryl suggested, I'm more concerned with the quality of the load resistors inside these (and all eBay bought) LED bulbs, but I don't see what effect rough roads should have... unless you're worried about the solder joins shaking loose?

I know it's illegal to have them on in normal driving conditions. It's also illegal to install aftermarket HIDs without the proper extra "bits" to go with them , but I don't want to debate that here. They cost me very little and on the odd occasion when I want to turn on all of my front lights, my illegal white fog lights will match my illegal 6000K HID low beams quite nicely :)

• 4 weeks later...

More of the same from me... lights, and more lights. Boring, I know, but it's all the budget will allow at the moment. Today was the shifter. Started with the dodgy stock green, then went to red. Couldn't decide if I liked it, so then came the bluish white. Exciting, right?

shifter.jpg

Hmm, I do like the red, but might not go with the rest of the car...still I like changing out the lights. Might be cheap but it certainly adds a lot of aesthetics at night :D