Matt's Aurion (sorry... no creative alias)

Matt.

Hi Guys,

Finally got around to detailing my car to a point where I was willing to post a photo or two. It seems I've bought a bit of an unpopular colour as I haven't seen too many of these on the forums...

The only mods I've done is to install a new grill (spent ages tossing up between the VIP1 and VIP2 before deciding on this one) and the AusPack head unit. Heaps more that I'd like to do, but I've recently gone back to uni and now have no money!! This change however has meant that I've had to move to Brisbane, so I'm looking forward to seeing a few of you around (maybe even coming to some of the meets!).

Cheers,

Matt

p2280042.jpg

p2280048.jpg

p2280047b.jpg

p2280046.jpg

p2280044.jpg

Edited by mattmcd1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice matt. great colour too. wat happened to the vip2 grill?

I still have it... I'm thinking of selling it. I've already had one person contact me so I'll get onto them and see if they're still keen. If not, I'll post back here and in the For Sale section and it will be up for grabs :)

If only they were still open, I'd recommend 'Revive'. They used to be across the road from the RBH until the tunnel work commenced. Apart from that, I'd recommend Tint-a-car in Milton. They do all the dealership tinting for Mercedes and have some experience doing exotics so they do the job well.

Only thing is that you are usually stuck with industry standard costs due to it being a place like that.

Apart from that, I'd recommend Tint-a-car in Milton. They do all the dealership tinting for Mercedes and have some experience doing exotics so they do the job well.

Only thing is that you are usually stuck with industry standard costs due to it being a place like that.

Thanks! I'll give them a call and get a quote. Has anybody had their windows tinted recently? Any ideas on ballpark figures that I should be aiming for?

Industry standard for a large car seem to still be around the $350-$395 mark for the darkest legal. That's what mine cost when I got it done a couple of years ago, and it still seems to be like that now. Talking or knowing the right people though can get it closer to the $300 mark so I've heard.

welcome mate... i love that colour... its by far the best colour in the range, imo..

if the TRD came in that colour, i wouldnt have even thought twice...

that colour works REALLY well with white rims, imo... :D

come out to a thursday night meet... we're all really easy to get along with and you'll be talking sh!t with us in no time... :lol:

in relation to tinting... i got my tint done a few months ago and i got it dont at tint a car (i think) in bowen hills / albion area...

really great service and couldnt fault it...

cost me $395 for one step darker than legal... :)

imo, go for the legal tint... yes, mine looks awesome, but its a big PITA at night to park the car... :(

Welcome!! Nice colour.. It's good to be unique..

welcome mate... i love that colour... its by far the best colour in the range, imo..

if the TRD came in that colour, i wouldnt have even thought twice...

that colour works REALLY well with white rims, imo... :D

come out to a thursday night meet... we're all really easy to get along with and you'll be talking sh!t with us in no time... :lol:

in relation to tinting... i got my tint done a few months ago and i got it dont at tint a car (i think) in bowen hills / albion area...

really great service and couldnt fault it...

cost me $395 for one step darker than legal... :)

imo, go for the legal tint... yes, mine looks awesome, but its a big PITA at night to park the car... :(

Yes, white rims will perfectly fit.

Anw Ash, great tip when tryin to park. Open up the window and Reverse camera? :lol:

It's nice to get a bit of feedback... while I really like the colour, I didn't really think anyone else would as I haven't seen many others on the forums! I might come down to a Thursday night meet (if I can find out where and when).

The cheapest quote I can get for Midnight Express tint is $395 from Tint-a-Car. My uni student budget may mean that I have to wait a bit for that...

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=1317

thats the link for the brisbane meetup thread... every thursday night... 8pm..

with all this rain forecasted for this week, i'm assuming it'll be at the train, not the pool... but just keep your eye on that thread... :)

Thanks mate. Will do.

It's nice to get a bit of feedback... while I really like the colour, I didn't really think anyone else would as I haven't seen many others on the forums! I might come down to a Thursday night meet (if I can find out where and when).

The cheapest quote I can get for Midnight Express tint is $395 from Tint-a-Car. My uni student budget may mean that I have to wait a bit for that...

Hi Matt, welcome to Brisbane... would love to meet you on one of the Thursday Meet, i have miss too many of those meets.. waiting for my car to be back *sigh*..

Please wait on the Tint, i am going to Tint-a-car Moorooka on Thursday, will try to bargain for a good price for u since i have recommended a few of my friends to that store, let's hope they can give me a good price on that.. will update u on that..

Please wait on the Tint, i am going to Tint-a-car Moorooka on Thursday, will try to bargain for a good price for u since i have recommended a few of my friends to that store, let's hope they can give me a good price on that.. will update u on that..

Thanks! That'd be great!

gday Matt welcome to the forums and i love the colour of your car also as for tint I had mine done at tint mart at strathpine was around 350 ish from memory and looks sexy as

any way good luck with the mods and come out one thursday night

cheers

Ok... i started remeshing my grill today and got distracted with my spare VIP2 grill. So i put two layers of a finer mesh on it and am now considering keeping it on. What do you all think?

p2280042.jpg

p2280047b.jpg

p3050063.jpg

p3050062.jpg

Sorry about the dodgy photos... took them on my phone.

Edited by mattmcd1

IMO VIP1 looks nicer than VIP2, wonder how the VIP2 will look if it is colour coded (hmm i might try it when i got mine.. hahaha). Also Matt when will u be doing your tinting? I might go and ask whether they do headlights or taillights tinting..

IMO VIP1 looks nicer than VIP2, wonder how the VIP2 will look if it is colour coded (hmm i might try it when i got mine.. hahaha). Also Matt when will u be doing your tinting? I might go and ask whether they do headlights or taillights tinting..

Colour coding and tinting both require cash, so will probably not be happening for awhile. This whole unemployed uni student thing is killing me at the moment...