Matt's Aurion (sorry... no creative alias)

Matt.

So... the second car has sold. Little bit of extra cash available, let the tinting begin. If anyone else is interested in getting some tinting done (I know, pretty much everyone has it done already), let me know - almost every company i have spoken to will drop their price for multiple vehicles.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Matt with your interior light panel which one did you get (number of leds) if you got the one with 6 rows of leds how the fark did you fit it in. Also do all of yours light us me n stylish got 1 each and the tracks burnt out so only half the board was working.

Hey Matt with your interior light panel which one did you get (number of leds) if you got the one with 6 rows of leds how the fark did you fit it in. Also do all of yours light us me n stylish got 1 each and the tracks burnt out so only half the board was working.

Hey mate, I got this one: 48 SMD LED It seemed to fit in ok... just a bit of double sided tape. There wasn't much spare room though :) When I first put it in, two of the lights stopped working, but I just noticed the other night that they are working again.

No I don't have your number... PM me if you want. What did you have in mind?

Off topic, I bet he wants to do something like this, hehehe:

v8drivemtbawbawdrive010.th.jpg

Matt ... my mobile is 0431602103... let me know once u are doing it..

Sorry mate... you took too long to get back to me!! I've already got my tinting done - I used Tint-a-Car in Milton. Car looks SO much better with nice dark windows! I didn't bother with photos cause I'm sure we all know what tint looks like.

Give them a call and see what they can do for you. Mention that you are a member of this club and that we're talking about them on our forums and they'll give you a discount. Worked for me :)

Small mod update... Ultra Racing bars ordered - can't wait! Replacing lower grille with mesh during uni hols.

No I don't have your number... PM me if you want. What did you have in mind?

Off topic, I bet he wants to do something like this, hehehe:

v8drivemtbawbawdrive010.th.jpg

Hahahah.. not to that extreme Daryl, just wanted to ask about tinting the tail lights.. i know they don't do it.. just wondering ..

I actually asked them about that. Apparently it's not that they choose not to do it, they claim that they can't. They said that it's quite difficult to tint really curved surfaces cause the tint has to be shrunk onto the surface to achieve any sort of curve. I don't really understand why this is so difficult, but they said that they would do it if they could, but they can't.

They recommended buying some of that "spray on tint" stuff and just use that... they seemed to think it'll come out ok.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The day started ok... had my last exam, got home, uni holidays have started. Stoked. Went back out to my car to grab my bag and noticed that SOME ****WIT HAS HIT ME!! Must have happened on Saturday night. I'd say they must have glanced me trying to NOSE into the REVERSE park in front of where my car was parked in the city.

The front bumper is scratched in a few places on the driver's side corner - no dents though. Enough damage to annoy me, probably not enough to justify the excess on an insurance claim. Will post photos tomorrow when I've calmed down...

</vent>

Edited by mattmcd1

The day started ok... had my last exam, got home, uni holidays have started. Stoked. Went back out to my car to grab my bag and noticed that SOME ****WIT HAS HIT ME!! Must have happened on Saturday night. I'd say they must have glanced me trying to NOSE into the REVERSE park in front of where my car was parked in the city.

The front bumper is scratched in a few places on the driver's side corner - no dents though. Enough damage to annoy me, probably not enough to justify the excess on an insurance claim. Will post photos tomorrow when I've calmed down...

</vent>

Mate that sucks, however there might still be a chance of finding out the mongrel that did it. Let me know where in the city (by pm if you're not comfortable posting it here) you parked - I know the damage isn't great but people who do this are real scum and the effort should be made to ensure they are discouraged for this sort of behavior.

Edited by Steven

VIP2 looks better in the flesh than the photos... but i'll still probably end up putting the VIP1 back on and selling the VIP2. We'll see. I'll drive around for a week or so with it on and see how i go. Adding the second layer of mesh makes either grill look WAY better! :)

VIP!!

Let me know where in the city (by pm if you're not comfortable posting it here) you parked - I know the damage isn't great but people who do this are real scum and the effort should be made to ensure they are discouraged for this sort of behavior.

Cnr of Mary St and George St in the city, about 4 car parks down Mary St. Damage isn't huge, but they woulda known they had hit me and still just drove off.

I had planned on taking the front bumper off today anyway to replace my parkers, so I'll try touch it up as best I can. I'm just not sure what's worse: the scratch or the look of a dodgy touch up job.

how bad is it? (pics would help)

might be worthwhile going to your local autobarn (auto pro here in perth) and getting them to colour code you some paint in a small aerosol can and then you masking off the areas needed to be touched up, and giving it a good clean with isopropyl and then applying the colour?

after letting it dry hard, the buff it with a compound and then polish/wax etc etc... might look better than just hitting it with the touchup only?

That sucks man... While ur at it, try DIY-ing. If it turns out ****, then you can bring it to panel beaters. After my extensive research through Youtube :lol: and web, apparently it's not that hard...

Sucks to hear Matt. There is only so much you can do for a touch up job, especially if you haven't really done much touch up work before. Without sanding back some area around it and working to blend it in, you can expect to get it to the point where if you stand a metre or so back, it would look okay, but it will be noticeable closer than that. Otherwise, you may need to take out some sandpaper and get some paint made up.

yea, id definately give it a try before taking it to the panel beaters...

mask off the area around it, get some fine sand paper and rub the area around the scratch and get some colour coded paint made up for you... i think they use a "clear over base" paint which dosent require a application of a sperate clear coat? and just do a few layers of spray until you get the results you want... and then let it de-gas and hit it with some compound and polish... (dont think you would need primer for a job like this?? but maybe someone else can confirm this)

recently used that method to colour code a few items on my car and it worked a treat..

good luck!

^ Unfortunately that method there -DAvo isn't so effective when you need to fix up a section of something that is already painted. I had damage on my Sportivo around the same area and couldn't blend it in with your standard paint-code made up paint in a spray can. I even sanded back a large area and tried to gradually get lighter on the spraying to blend it. But then again, I'm no professional DIY'er.