What oil do the dealers use and fluids?

I've been wondering for a while, on the Aurions when we take the car in for service, we never get to see it ever again. So I was wondering, what oil does Toyota use on the Aurions? Is it Toyota's own special blend or is it a rebadged brand of something else? Also other things like coolant fluids and steering oil and transmission oil.

What brand are these?

Edit: Also, I was wondering heaps, lets say I want to change the oil myself, which is the best engine oil for the Aurion?

Edited by unique

i think my toyota dealer uses Mobile for engine oil. member calling them up bout it a few months back.

dont know if this is the same for everyone else

Toyota have always used Magnetec on my Aurion, not sure about the other fluids

The engine oil used is often listed in the owners manual, and sometimes somewhere in the engine bay (the brand and type - eg Mobil 1, not just the weight - eg 10W30).

Other oils you'd either need the shop manual or alternatively a call to the dealership service department will probably give you the answers you want.

This is an Interesting one, there is several option open to dealers.

obviosuly as dealers we have a million and one targets that need to be acheived, one of these is "parts per R/O" & to acheive this easily some dealers choose to use Toyota's own blend (which is made by either Caltex or Mobil) then ofocourse there is all the injector cleaners, engine flushes, transmission fluids, LSD fluid etc etc which is the exact same stuff that you buy over the counter from the Parts dept which is ofcourse made to Toyota's specs, but most dealers tend to use a mixture of Genuine Toyota fluids and lubricants and oils from another company which is usually chosen by the service management team, at work we strictly use Valvoline and the Genuine products. But yes all dealers are slightly different but all use quality products.

i think my toyota dealer uses Mobile for engine oil. member calling them up bout it a few months back.

dont know if this is the same for everyone else

Toyota have always used Magnetec on my Aurion, not sure about the other fluids

Really? Reason I started this thread because on another forum I use, someone asked what oils they use and people started saying to keep away from magnatec as its really inferior stuff and can turn into sludge. I wouldn't want that for my Aurion, no way.

the manufacturer is known for that issue if oil isnt changed regularly, although i cannot speak for magnatec. only had the one experience with it, changed ar 7,500 k's religiously and no sludge after 90,000 k's.. i can however say there are far better options around.

I would never touch Magnatec myself, but this is based on word of mouth from those around me saying bad things about it.

For my Aurion, I used Fuchs Titan Super GTO 10W30. It is a fully synthetic and was just one of those oils I tried and was satisfied. Never had any issues with it.

I've been running Magnatec 10W40 in my Commodore for a while now, and I'd swear by it (as do many others) for the LS1 engine. Before than I'd tried Nulon 10W30 and Mobil 1 10W30 in it, my preference is cleanly for the Magnatec, both for price and quality.

My experience with various cars has been that different engines seem to "prefer" different oils, so try a few and find one that "feels" good to you. At the end of the day any brand-name oil will do the job just fine, the rest is mostly in your head, so don't be afraid to shop around thinking you'll break your engine or something.

You'll also find that different forums have weird little pet hates for oils and brands in general - perhaps here it's Magnatec, somewhere else will be Mobil 1, somewhere else will swear on their mum's tits that Shell Helix makes your wheels fall off. It's all bunk and hearsay really. Everyone like Royal Purple however, but I think that's because no one is prepared to admit they just spent $200 on an oil change which is no better than one done for $40 :P

Edit: Incidentally, the primary advantage to synthetic oils is that they allow for longer service intervals (ie. time between changes). For a street car they aren't offering any extra protection as such, so don't think that an oil is ***** just because it's not fully synthetic. Generally you'll hear it's not good to mix synthetic and non-synthetic without a flush, but aside from that as long as the viscosity is correct, and you adjust the recommended service interval accordingly there shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by danja

Today I was at the Audi workshop in the city, they use Catrol there. Certainly if Castrol is good enough for $100,000 Audi its good enough for our Aurions :lol:.

edit: Since the workshop was closed, they had an R8 in there, I sat in the drivers seat and started fiddling with everything haha :P. Very nice car.

Edited by unique

^ Castrol is pretty damn good. I'm using Edge Sport 10W-60 but it's supposedly more suitable for high performance and tuned vehicles. I was kinda afraid it might damage my car since my engine is non of those. But so far it seems fiiiiiiiine.

I'm really debating whether to keep using it or switch back to the normal ones. It's supposedly the best and can handle all kinds of heat temps...doesn't sound so bad. I do live in the middle east and let me tell you it gets friggin HOT hear. And i do floor it on a daily basis, quite a lot actually.

^ Castrol is pretty damn good. I'm using Edge Sport 10W-60 but it's supposedly more suitable for high performance and tuned vehicles. I was kinda afraid it might damage my car since my engine is non of those. But so far it seems fiiiiiiiine.

I'm really debating whether to keep using it or switch back to the normal ones. It's supposedly the best and can handle all kinds of heat temps...doesn't sound so bad. I do live in the middle east and let me tell you it gets friggin HOT hear. And i do floor it on a daily basis, quite a lot actually.

How do you have such good english if you don't mind me asking? :).

Also, how does the Aurion put up with the heat there? I heard that Toyota's are excellent in the heat as a lot of the people in in those areas drive Toyota's in the worst places ever that gets to extreme heats.

just on this topic, my 30,000km service is coming up and last service i asked toyota to use their fully synthetic oil. but this time im looking atg supplying my own oil. will go for the fuchs GTO, but AFAIK it only comes in 5L bottles? I read somewhere on this forum that the Aurion uses 5.7L of oil... what do most people here do? supply the toyota guys with 10L of oil or just give them 5L and they top up the rest??.... :unsure:

... I read somewhere on this forum that the Aurion uses 5.7L of oil... what do most people here do? supply the toyota guys with 10L of oil or just give them 5L and they top up the rest??.... :unsure:

It's about 6.1 litres for a drain and fill including filter.

The way I did it was to get two bottles at first and supplied that to Toyota. They will use what they need and return the rest (about 3.9 to 4 litres). Then when it comes to the next oil change, you just have to buy another bottle. As you go through oil, you may get to the point of getting two bottles again next time you purchase, but it all works out.

How do you have such good english if you don't mind me asking? :).

Also, how does the Aurion put up with the heat there? I heard that Toyota's are excellent in the heat as a lot of the people in in those areas drive Toyota's in the worst places ever that gets to extreme heats.

Hey bro.

About my English. Well...i guess television and video games and entertainment in general played a role in it :D. Maybe the fact that I'm originally Farsi has something to do with it.

And it depends. At first i was using REGULAR oil because all they told me is one of them is for 5K and the other 10K lol so i didn't really pay much attention to it. But i can tell you the car performed poorly during the heat or when i drove it for more than 1 - 2 hours. I could feel the car becoming heavier.

All that changed when i went synthetic, though :D. Can't believe i waited till 35K to do it!! >.< Now the car ALWAYS performs as good as it did during cool weather. It was actually quite a big difference lol.

So if you're using synthetic here you have nothing to worry about, it'll hold strong.