dutchie101

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all,

Also installed a pair of GE1 Ground Effector undercar diffusers

01_p05.jpg

Over 100kph the car seems far more stable. They increase downforce and stability. :ph34r:

01_p01.jpg

01_p02.jpg

Found another promo pic:

544x600-2008030700001-176.jpg

Edited by dutchie101

Hey pete... wots the use of these diffusers and the max speed limit is 110?? LOL!!! i was just wondering... u gonna take it on the track??

:) they actually work from 50kph up. Who really cares about max speed limits anyways??? :lol:

...You would be surprised at how little tweaks to the underbody can effector ride quality.

Edited by dutchie101

Sounds interesting. How much do they cost + how and where to are they being installed? Just wondering wether it's possible to do a DIY installation and if there will be some problems when driving in the snow after installing them... GE1 is the name of the company which is developing them, right? Is there some part number or are they universal?

Edited by Speed_Chaser

Cost is between AU$100-120 depending on where you get them from (plus shipping and agent fees) I got mine sent over with my rims so no fright charge for me.. I was going to make some copies up from the original but its not worth it for that price. They are stainless steel, and the mounting kits/bits are also SS. The fin/air dam is polyurethane by the look of it. They fit into factory holes in the under carage as the pic above shows. Just two bolts (with spacers) hold them in, takes about 5 minutes to install per side.

As for snow, i couldnt see a problem, they are well well and strongly built. Any snow that hits them would just be forced down and away from the car.

Cant find the part number as i think i accidentally threw out the instructions yesterday.

Available from YahooJapan or Plotonline.com, made by Dcatro, just ask/look for ZRE152H 2wd GE1 Ground Effector.

They even go electronically controlled/adjusted versions!

01_p10.jpg01_p11.jpg01_p12.jpg01_p13.jpg01_p14.jpg01_p15.jpg

Edited by dutchie101

BTW are these also available for the rear? I found pics of rear installs, but I think these are available only to the front for ZRE?

Edited by Speed_Chaser

From what i can work out only the front is available. I think Modellista even released a front pair to, perhaps John can confirm that but i swear i saw a yellow air dam instead of red like the GE1's. Ive only ever seen Front for the ZRE

I think the rears are more so for vans or wagons maybe...

From what i can work out only the front is available. I think Modellista even released a front pair.

Modellista ones are similar to GE1 but being Modellista they are pricey, they are front only yes..

Around $220US + shipping

Part No: D2573-17210

modaero1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Did a little more work on the ZR today. Made up and installed some SMD lower grill lights. They turned out well, hooked em up to the foggies. I think they would be around the 5500k mark. Also ran the wiring for the illuminated emblem, think ill install that tomorrow. BTW, these point down not out. No glare off these babies. Oh, also installed my Toyota Premium horn set. Wow those are loud!!

GrillLedcentre.jpg

GrillLedright.jpg

GrillLedtopdown.jpg

GrillLedleft.jpg

Looks like the "no-flash" setting on the SLR captures a bit more blue, i didnt adjust the pics, so the parkers look far more blue than they really are....

Edited by dutchie101

Thanks Kenneth, do you mean on the camera's settings? Seems to only be above around 6000k it seems to blue out. Im thinking those parkers are about 6500 maybe 7000k. The 5500k grill lights seem not too far off..

Thanks Jtron :)

Edit: just noticed the light leaks around the eyelids (between the headlights and the center grill), neat look actually, totally accidental but i like :D

Edited by dutchie101

Nice work Pete,better than I pictured I must say...I've been looking at the horns too,did you get the genuine Toyota ones? around $100ish is that right? Where's the garnish? second thoughts? :lol:

Styling is looking INSANE!!! You certainly have a major talent in this area. Fine details without too much. Awesome. Even with the weather shields :P Can't wait to see the illuminated logo! Leaves me waiting in anticipation to see what is next. What options are available for side mirrors? This is one of the hottest Corollas I have EVER seen! Mad props to you Dutchie, well done, seriously!

Yep Genuine, should be AU$100 landed from Japan, I got mine off ebay.

They look better than i thought too :)

Re garnish, i ran out of time, its on tomorrows list :P

Thanks DonDiva, glad you like it!! :lol:

Edited by dutchie101

• 3 weeks later...

Headed out to Mallala Motor sport park this morning. Private drift day was on.. my mate actually lasted more than an hour this time! The 'ol S14 normally throws or burns thru something by the hour mark, today seemed to shake that hold. Main point was sus setup and a good ol thrash. Sometimes it hard to just sit and watch your old sport... -_-

While i was sitting on the sideline (and i forgot my zoom lens :angry: ) i looked across at the Rolla and thought i would snap a few of the beast anyways...

I liked this one the best, although i could have done with another light source, its nice anyways.....

Mallalafrontside.jpg

Still deciding on weather to install the Modellista front garnish or not... :wacko: