[VIC] MONTHLY MEET - MAY 16TH SUNDAY

WHERE TO EAT GUYS AND GIRLS??  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey tash, ill 90% have my kings out by then. You interested in buying them off me at the meet?

Hey - well it really all depends what happens with this clutch stuff, cos that was definitely an unexpected nasty :angry: At this stage I'm 50-50 but am definitely interested.

Fantastic that our attendance list is still growing :D Looking forward to catching up with "old" faces and meeting some new ones as well :clap:

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RECON RUN GOING AHEAD TODAY GUYS! (Despite some of us worrying about engine check lights coming on)

Keep you guys updated! All 5 zres are out today too! Miracle. Me, shinobi, Dwee, Jskill, Le.vinh.zr

hey guys and gals, thought i might let u know...

wifey and i went to mt dandenong today for a full day. TBH drive was good, but too short for spirited driving :)

we went to sassafras for some shopping and to skyhigh for some site seeing, was totally cool. went to eat at the ivy restaurant cuz pie in the sky closed at 5pm :( but i swear, the food was absolutely grand! :yahoo: the woodfire pizza was very well done and the pasta (had the carbonara) was excellent too. :toast:

so guys my suggestions would be...

mt dandenong drive to sassafras, stop and shop or photos chat, eat watever. then go to skyhigh and high jack the car park for more photos with Melbourne city behind us :) and eat (if haven't eaten before), do the rest of the mountain drive and/or eat dinner at ivy/pie in the sky.

OR

drive to emerald park and send a bbq there photos and maybe duck/water paddling :P

back track a little and do the mountain drive to skyhigh and photos and then dinner somewhere

i will add a couple of videos for you to watch, did a mountain drive and recorded part of it. uploading via youtube now. give u guys a feel of what its like :P

first is during the day to ivy restaurant :P

second video is the rest of the mountain drive to mt dandenong road (sorry about inital D music in the end, was getting abit sleepy <_<

man... tried to do some spirited driving but wife was in the car constantly saying to slow down and the damn excel was in front of me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... :angry:

Edited by Kenshin X

Can't wait to see the videos!

(sorry about inital D music in the end, was getting abit sleepy <_< )

There is absolutely no reason to be sorry for such, in my opinion a brilliant choice of music. :P (Yep, i'm an Initial D nut, so stay clear haha) *puts on 'No one sleep in tokyo'*

Am really looking forward to this meet. I really should get a UHF though instead of borrowing family friends ones haha.

Can't wait to see the videos!

(sorry about inital D music in the end, was getting abit sleepy <_< )

There is absolutely no reason to be sorry for such, in my opinion a brilliant choice of music. :P (Yep, i'm an Initial D nut, so stay clear haha) *puts on 'No one sleep in tokyo'*

haha yeah, although the front car was slowing me down so i didn't accelerate to the music, would have been better :P and the second one was just starting when the road ended :(

btw, i'm uploading the 11 min video, youtube can only show 10 minutes if it, its still uploading though, does it just cut out the last min or does it error? cuz if it does then i'll be wasting 250 megs!!! argh!

Kenshin, you went today and didn't let us know? Lol, we went Mt. Dandenong as well..

But yes, you are right. Mt. Dandenong is limited, no spirited driving (during the day that is) since it'll be busy, heaps of cars, people etc and especially on a Sunday.

Yes, was thinking a stop can be at SkyHigh.

For start point/first meeting point, was thinking the carpark at the bottom of the mountain, Burwood Hwy entrance. Cruise around or to SkyHigh, then back to a BBQ area I've been to before (has a spot for decent parking) or go eat somewhere else.

Peter.

btw, i'm uploading the 11 min video, youtube can only show 10 minutes if it, its still uploading though, does it just cut out the last min or does it error? cuz if it does then i'll be wasting 250 megs!!! argh!

YouTube MAY give you the benefit of the doubt and let you have 11 minutes of footage. It's a bit hit-and-miss though as to wether it will successfully process or not.

It does upload first though.

RECON RUN GOING AHEAD TODAY GUYS! (Despite some of us worrying about engine check lights coming on)

Keep you guys updated! All 5 zres are out today too! Miracle. Me, shinobi, Dwee, Jskill, Le.vinh.zr

hey which road did u guys end up going? why did i not see u zre boiz LOL :P

Kenshin, you went today and didn't let us know? Lol, we went Mt. Dandenong as well..

But yes, you are right. Mt. Dandenong is limited, no spirited driving (during the day that is) since it'll be busy, heaps of cars, people etc and especially on a Sunday.

Yes, was thinking a stop can be at SkyHigh.

For start point/first meeting point, was thinking the carpark at the bottom of the mountain, Burwood Hwy entrance. Cruise around or to SkyHigh, then back to a BBQ area I've been to before (has a spot for decent parking) or go eat somewhere else.

Peter.

sorry man, i was gonna tell you guys but we had the day planned out... kinda wanted to take her around cuz haven't done so in a while... so bbq at skyhigh? BYOs? :D

well specifics...

after breakfast at knox, around 10ish, we went along burwood hwy to the tourist road to sassafras. then back tracked to belgrave for puffing billy,, then finished there around 5.15pm then went back on the tourist road to ivy restaurant and then to skyhigh. then finished the rest of the tourist road and finished up north. if its at night, hopefully there won't be much traffic

i wasn't very confident about gunning it on the tourist road becuz

1) it is still a residential place...

2) it was my first time on the road...

3) my tires are worn out 1 to 5% tread :P

4) didn't know how the trd black pads would hold up :D

5) wasn't 100% sure if there was any speed cameras on tourist rd. (although a client of mine said there is none as not feasible to put cameras there.)

you can see on the videos i was hesitant as i was driving through the towns. if it was the great ocean road, i'd gun it to catch up to the car in front of me :P

how was the other road u went on was it still a residential road? any videos?

YouTube MAY give you the benefit of the doubt and let you have 11 minutes of footage. It's a bit hit-and-miss though as to wether it will successfully process or not.

It does upload first though.

CRAP it didn't let me upload! argh! 1/4 gig wasted... :(

have to wait til tomorrow guys, going to bed lol...

4) didn't know how the trd black pads would hold up :D

I've tracked those pads.... trust me, they will hold :spiteful:

Then again, residential roads ain't the place to do it in and glad you din ;)

Been up there a handfull of times and it's always been littered with people/tourists and police cars so it'd be a good idea to take it easy lads. That said ill also maybe have my missus with me and i won;t be doing anything silly with her next to me.

Mick

yeah i only found myself doing 10 ks over or just stuck to the speed limit, i didn't see any police cars or cameras, (only saw a few policemen in the restuarant lol). but still a residential road so i'm not comfortable to speed at all.

hey guys when did u finish up in the mountains?

edit: both videos uploaded! :yahoo::toast::yahoo:

Edited by Kenshin X

Sounding good - I'll have to check out the videos when I get home tonight :)

All of that sounds good so someone hurry up and put together a schedule lol! What time would we want to start in the morning? I'll stay down in Melb the night before so it's easier for me in the morning and I'll take a detour on the way to the meet in the morning to pick up my tail lights (am told they live on the way) :D

Lunch sounds great too, are we planning to have an evening meal as well or breaking up some time in the late afternoon? I can do dinner although probably wouldn't hang around late cos it'd be around a 3 hour drive back to Bendigo and I've gotta work the next morning (fail).

I just can't wait! :D

Sounding good - I'll have to check out the videos when I get home tonight :)

the second video isn't that great, its only night driving through to the north end of the road... hit lift in 1st to 2nd on a turn but thats the only highlight of the video lol :D

I might need to check out surrounding areas to make the cruise a bit longer. Probably sometime next week..

Already have in mind a few spots that are good stops.

Peter.

We decided that the start position should be at the bottom of the mountain, Burwood Hwy entrance. Going onto Mount Dandenong Tourist Road from Burwood Hwy, there is an entrance to a carpark immediately on the left. We can meet there.

1299 Burwood Hwy, Upper Ferntree Gully, VIC, Australia

From there, we have a few options:

1. Drive to SkyHigh and eat, chat, pics etc (26 Observatory Road , Mount Dandenong)

2. Drive to a BBQ area, can either bring food, or everyone chip in for sausages & bread (simple). Chat and pics as well (Tysons Trk, Ferny Creek, VIC, Australia)

3. Eat somewhere else.

4. Extend cruising to another location somewhat nearby.

All locations have decent parking and as I recall, SkyHigh has enough parking but have to confirm (Kenshin?! :D)! If you want to see any of these locations, just copy and paste them into Google Maps.

Peter.

All locations have decent parking and as I recall, SkyHigh has enough parking but have to confirm (Kenshin?! :D)! If you want to see any of these locations, just copy and paste them into Google Maps.

Peter.

i heard my name?!?! quick! to the bat cave! *slides down pole* :P

skyhigh is good enough for the number of people we have now. the busy time would be of course midday to around after sunset (if its a sunny day). but we all hijack the car park (someone bring witches hats PLEASE :spiteful: , the better spot would be going straight up past the ticket guy booth as the view of Melbourne is absolutely fantastic there, photos will need to be patient, why not have the bbq there instead? move cars as soon as there is a spot ready? LOL:D we need a good amount of parking for photos if we wanna do it properly and park in lines etc.

I might need to check out surrounding areas to make the cruise a bit longer. Probably sometime next week..

Already have in mind a few spots that are good stops.

Peter.

that in mind, i might come with u for a ride as well, not sure but if u can make it on a sunday maybe this sunday cuz i'm not booked with anyone atm. i'll keep it free though just in case

that in mind, i might come with u for a ride as well, not sure but if u can make it on a sunday maybe this sunday cuz i'm not booked with anyone atm. i'll keep it free though just in case

Sunday is the best day for me. Add me on msn (pcd.tran@gmail.com) or msg me on 0402155913 and we'll organise a time.

Won't be a whole day thing though, got heaps of assignments to do for uni hahaha! :P

Peter.

Edit: forgot to add, entry to SkyHigh is $5 per car. :)

Edited by dwee.

Looks like you guys got things well under way.. im cool with that. Meeting spot sounds good. Cruise there, meet.. drive up.

Drive to skyhigh sounds like a good idea pete. If anything.. we can eat there or go eat somewhere else.. BYO sounds like a bad idea driving around up there though. And 5bux fee is small price to pay for photos and great views.

If you could pete.. scope things out.. since ur that way.. would be greatly appreciated.. or if im free one day.. we just spend a day scoping things out more and deciding then too!

I'll let you know ok