[VIC] MONTHLY MEET - MAY 16TH SUNDAY

WHERE TO EAT GUYS AND GIRLS??  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So far, list goes;

1. johnnieboi

2. private number

3. dwee

4. Tofuboi

5. Jaderd

6. Guni

7. tru-star

8. Tash

9. Kenshin X

10.jdmwhore

11.SportivoPSI

12.Lee? (Hope your gonna be there lee!)

13. Evil twin

14. Shinobi

15. Le.vinh.zr (quite possible)

16. Jskill (quite possible)

17. my friend adam with white 2010 facelift zre ascent

18. tomee's mate with white sportivo??

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We decided that the start position should be at the bottom of the mountain, Burwood Hwy entrance. Going onto Mount Dandenong Tourist Road from Burwood Hwy, there is an entrance to a carpark immediately on the left. We can meet there.

1299 Burwood Hwy, Upper Ferntree Gully, VIC, Australia

From there, we have a few options:

1. Drive to SkyHigh and eat, chat, pics etc (26 Observatory Road , Mount Dandenong)

2. Drive to a BBQ area, can either bring food, or everyone chip in for sausages & bread (simple). Chat and pics as well (Tysons Trk, Ferny Creek, VIC, Australia)

3. Eat somewhere else.

4. Extend cruising to another location somewhat nearby.

All locations have decent parking and as I recall, SkyHigh has enough parking but have to confirm (Kenshin?! :D)! If you want to see any of these locations, just copy and paste them into Google Maps.

Peter.

Looks good Pete - lots of eating in there heheheh So SkyHigh would be the initial lunch stop then??

Also I think I've discovered the meeting point you're talking about, it's up a ways once you start on Mount Dandenong Tourist Rd, turn off left and there is lots of angle parking. That the one you mean? Just checking out Google's satellite imagery/street view to try and orientate myself a bit before going ;)

we struggled keeping together us 5 zres on monday.. wonder how we'll go with 10+ mixed toyotas

Well given there are obviously going to be many cars on the road we'll just have to do as best we can and communicate the stops with each other early - UHF radios would definitely be a big plus for each car if possible too :) It's definitely going to be more of a leisure cruise (with some fun bits hehehe) at any rate to account for all the traffic no doubt, although hopefully we'll get a great run! I'm sure we will :D

there is a lot of parking at skyhigh. whether or not you get the parking that has the view is a diferent story.

Can get quite busy there. Worst comes to worst, there is heaps of parking arund the back. Oh and skyhigh food is

really expensive :( Should be a great day anyhow. Hopefully the weather holds up for us :D

Edited by SportivoPSI

If we go to SkyHigh for lunch, you westsiders might have to leave a bit earlier. Avoids what happened on Monday, 3pm lunch :P and chance for people that get lost etc. Also, since it will be a big group of us, I'm pretty sure we need to book asap! :)

Yep, looks like another recon run is required. Will take some photos and then you guys can decide!! :lol:

So far, SkyHigh looks like a definite! :D

It's good to note that, Walkie Talkies are the best way of communication. Phones tend to have no reception in some areas (thanks Tash for the memory trigger).

Peter.

Edited by dwee.

I say we all meet in diamond creek again. Half way point for those on the west side. Cruise up to kinglake again then back down through yarra glen and out to dandenongs from there. That way we can have a bit of a drive before lunch and get to skyhigh around 1ish anyways. It takes like 15mins to get to skyhigh from thousand steps (the original start/meet).

Have a meet time around 930-10 and depart at around 1030. Lunch at skyhigh and then head off to maybe emerald lake park and go from there....

What are others thoughts on this??

Edited by SportivoPSI

I say we all meet in diamond creek again. Half way point for those on the west side. Cruise up to kinglake again then back down through yarra glen and out to dandenongs from there. That way we can have a bit of a drive before lunch and get to skyhigh around 1ish anyways. It takes like 15mins to get to skyhigh from thousand steps (the original start/meet).

Have a meet time around 930-10 and depart at around 1030. Lunch at skyhigh and then head off to maybe emerald lake park and go from there....

sounds good to me

Only 18 people so far... :blink:

We need more cars!

Come on Victoria, Represent!!

really, i'd like to see more cars too but its gonna make it harder to keep up with the bunch, traffic lights these days prolly only let like 10 cars through before turning yellow <_<

in saying that, lets get to 30 cars!!! :D :yahoo:

Well how about we make Diamond Creek the ending point?? Johnnie etc have done a lot of work to put together the first post and a starting point, but the ending of the cruise wasn't quite finalised. I think going back out via Yarra Glen could be a good ending to it all :) And then it's an easy place for all of us to depart from. Works for me anyway as it points me closer to the Calder hahahahah Plus I'm happy with the current start time/location cos it gives me the opportunity to go and pick up the tail lights and then meet up with you all. Not that it's all about me but given I don't get down to Melb very often at all I need to fit that pick up in as well (I will be staying in Melb [Airport West] the night before so I can make this - going to be a long drive home for me afterwards so didn't want to do that as well in the morning to get down there)

I think this month it's more about catching up and taking some photos, rather than actually driving around, but I do get what you're saying :) I reckon you should map out a big drive for the next one heheheh

Just my thoughts on that :) Lol and 30 cars?? That would be an incredible achievement - I reckon if we do get the 18 that are listed it will be awesome, given we have struggled for numbers a bit in the past. Really really happy that we are getting together on a relatively regular basis :clap:

Edit: I just read through your first post again Johnnie - you guys might need to be up and about earlier, wouldn't you want to be at the foot of the mountain to meet by midday? Unless I read that wrong but it sounded like you guys weren't leaving Sunshine until 12:30.

Edited by Tash

yeah fair call tash! Just thought it might be good for the west siders. I might try and work a map for the next one if you want it to be over this side of the city.

Have we got a meet up and depart time organised yet?

Did you still want to go through kinglake on the way to diamond creek or just cut across from yarra glen?

Cheers - sorry I didn't mean for that post to sound kinda rude if it did. But yeah it would make sense given most are on the west side, although could be good to change it up, make some of the others travel a little ways for a change hahahahah If you've got ideas for the next one start planning :D I'm keen to see any/all of Melbourne!

I don't think a meet-up and depart time is set yet, if the idea is to have lunch at Sky High (although some mentioned that might be too exy) then you'd want to meet-up at the car park that was suggested around 11/11:30 and depart around 12. I don't know any of the area but then I'm guessing you'd go with the idea of trying to park up there with the view and grab some snaps and then eat *shrugs* In the first post it was mentioned that most of the ZRE boys were going to meet-up for a car wash beforehand, and get to the mountain some time around lunch, but no real time was locked in...

Reckon we could go through Kinglake again, it's really quite a nice drive :D

In my previous post I was talking about going to port campbell/12 apostles. What do people think about this? Too long a drive? ;)

edit: sorry posted on iphone at work lol

i'm addicted to this road, forest area, no cameras, twisties and idiots who can't drive and end up on the other side of the road while entering a corner <_<

just make sure u got a full tank before u head off, i think i just made it on 3/4 of tank there and back lol

anyone? heheh

Edited by Kenshin X

Cheers - sorry I didn't mean for that post to sound kinda rude if it did. But yeah it would make sense given most are on the west side, although could be good to change it up, make some of the others travel a little ways for a change hahahahah If you've got ideas for the next one start planning :D I'm keen to see any/all of Melbourne!

I don't think a meet-up and depart time is set yet, if the idea is to have lunch at Sky High (although some mentioned that might be too exy) then you'd want to meet-up at the car park that was suggested around 11/11:30 and depart around 12. I don't know any of the area but then I'm guessing you'd go with the idea of trying to park up there with the view and grab some snaps and then eat *shrugs* In the first post it was mentioned that most of the ZRE boys were going to meet-up for a car wash beforehand, and get to the mountain some time around lunch, but no real time was locked in...

Reckon we could go through Kinglake again, it's really quite a nice drive :D

Yeah i think.. another recon cruise is needed.. i mite meet up with pete one day and check things out and make a final decision and hope everyones cool with it. We could meet up say 11.30.. depart at 12.. drive up to skyhigh.. eat lunch and go somewhere for a nice cruise/drive.. because the dandenong mountain run will be too short and way too busy.. and i would like to have a nice open road that we can fill up on. But yeah.. we'll make that the meet point and departing point. End point to be decided still, im not fussed. can be wherever. let you guys know..

In my previous post I was talking about going to port campbell/12 apostles. What do people think about this? Too long a drive? ;)

i'm addicted to this road, forest area, no cameras, twisties and idiots who can't drive and end up on the other side of the road while entering a corner <_<

just make sure u got a full tank before u head off, i think i just made it on 3/4 of tank there and back lol

anyone? heheh

yeah cruise down that way wudnt be bad.. but i think we owe tash a cruise down her way first..

Yeah i think.. another recon cruise is needed.. i mite meet up with pete one day and check things out and make a final decision and hope everyones cool with it. We could meet up say 11.30.. depart at 12.. drive up to skyhigh.. eat lunch and go somewhere for a nice cruise/drive.. because the dandenong mountain run will be too short and way too busy.. and i would like to have a nice open road that we can fill up on. But yeah.. we'll make that the meet point and departing point. End point to be decided still, im not fussed. can be wherever. let you guys know..

Cool as, thanks for doing all the running around for this - and kudos for getting the ball rolling on another meet :) I like the idea of meeting up around 11/11:30 at the foot of the mountain, and then going up there for lunch and some photos, and then have a bit of spirited driving in the afternoon. Looking at the map potentially we could return via Yarra Glen and Kinglake as James suggested, or go in the other direction for a ways and then do a freeway run back in. Will leave it in your capable hands! :)

anyone? heheh

yeah cruise down that way wudnt be bad.. but i think we owe tash a cruise down her way first..

Lol well it's a fair hike for me - lovely drive though and could work down the track, although I'd probably look at taking a day off work if we were to do it on a Sunday.

Heheh I'm still working on that one Johnnie, am stoked that you guys would like to come this way :) I'm thinking areas like Castlemaine/Maryborough/Daysleford but not too sure. The other idea Nathan and I have had is Mt Macedon so we'll try to do a run around there sometime in future. It's a pity North East Victoria is too far away because there's some really beautiful countryside up there - think Bright, Myrtleford, Chiltern etc But way too far to go for a day trip.

So far, list goes;

1. johnnieboi

2. private number

3. dwee

4. Tofuboi

5. Jaderd

6. Guni

7. tru-star

8. Tash

9. Kenshin X

10.jdmwhore

11.SportivoPSI

13. Evil twin

14. Shinobi

Can you add me to the list dude. Car should be ready by then ;)

Most ppl bringing their partners? My missus doesnt like loud noises, thus the Varex butterfly valve would remain closed :(

Is Sunshine still the meeting place or has it been changed to Diamond Creek as Tash noted?

Meeting up around at the bottom of the mountain at 11.30am-12pm sounds good.

An important note is that to eat at SkyHigh, we should book soon! So in that sense, for those people who are watching this thread and have not decided/put their name down, please do so ASAP! :)

About cruising to Diamond Creek via Kinglake, it will about 1hr 40mins - 2hrs from SkyHigh. I have no problem with this! Sounds good! :D I will probably leave from Mount Dandenong, as I got heaps of uni work to do.. <_<

Tash, keep working on that route! I'm sure the majority of us would not mind a drive up that way! :clap:

2nd recon run is still going ahead on this Sunday.

Peter.

1. johnnieboi

2. private number

3. dwee

4. Tofuboi

5. Jaderd

6. Guni

7. tru-star

8. Tash

9. Kenshin X

10.jdmwhore

11.SportivoPSI

13. Evil twin

14. Shinobi

19. dyslexik

1. johnnieboi

2. private number

3. dwee

4. Tofuboi

5. Jaderd

6. Guni

7. tru-star

8. Tash

9. Kenshin X

10.jdmwhore

11.SportivoPSI

13. Evil twin

14. Shinobi

19. dyslexik

20. Grant (Tofu's friend who drives the beat up old AE92 of win) :P

We have 20!!!

Do we need to bring our E-tags for city link??

I don't think you would need to bring E-tags for the cruise, unless you want a faster trip home afterwards! :P