[VIC] MONTHLY MEET - MAY 16TH SUNDAY

WHERE TO EAT GUYS AND GIRLS??  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

HI ALL!

We have decided to make the May Monthly meet/cruise for us Victorians on MAY 16th SUNDAY at the Dandenong Ranges. This is not a quick paced mountain run, but rather a cruisy drive so dont be disappointed if you cant go zipping through it. A chance for us to meet up and check each others rides and enjoy each others company.

Things you will need:

- Yourself and your car (Preferably a toyota.. and a zre) jks :P

- Warm clothes (because its a bit cold up there)

- Petrol (If you want to make it there and back home)

- Some cash (For food, 5bux entry to Skyhigh, more petrol)

- CB Radios and mobile phones (So we can keep in contact!) CB's would be nice

- A mature driving attitude (So we dont have any problems that day) i know, im a hypocrite. lol

- A camera if you want for photo opportunities

It can be a fair drive that day for a few of us so check your fluids, oil, tyre pressure *ahem tomee* and if your car or yourself is not capable of anything, dont risk it. Theres bound to be a few of us watching out for stragglers and waiting for everyone. Its gonna be a tough challenge.. but we'll manage.

For all you westsiders, a few of us will meet for a carwash beforehand at VicRoads carpark, Sunshine Plaza at 9.20am sharp! Should be enough time to get ur ride sparkling.

We'll then go for a carwash and leave at 10.30am to head up there. You can meet here and we'll go together and or you could make ur own way there and we'll meet at the bottom of the mountain.

So far details are:

We decided that the start position should be at the bottom of the mountain, Burwood Hwy entrance. Going onto Mount Dandenong Tourist Road from Burwood Hwy, there is an entrance to a carpark immediately on the left. We can meet there.

Due to roadworks our initial meet point has now changed;

Ferntree Gully Hotel, 1132 Burwood Hwy, Ferntree Gully VIC Australia 11-11.30am

We'll just park here and wait for everyone to meet up.

Departing at 12pm midday, we'll start the cruise and make our way up the mountain.

Drive to SkyHigh and eat, chat, pics etc (26 Observatory Road , Mount Dandenong)

12.30-1pm

We'll be at Skyhigh for lunch and photo ops, catching up and general hoo hah. After that we can either head to the secluded BBQ spot to kick back or have a run down the mountain itself. Find a few spots to stop over take pics and chat.

If anything and we cant fit everyone there for a meal then we'll head to either Pie in the sky or Ivy Restaurant to have lunch or if people want to shoot off and get something then thats fine.

For those who want a bit of a spirited drive we'll go for a drive afterwards from Yarra Glen to Kinglake and then end the day after that. Hope everyones cool with that.. if your not then you can organise the next meet. :P

Hope to see everyone there!

Johnnieboi - 0433 483 796 Peter (dwee) - 0402155913

Edited by johnnieboi

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HI ALL!

I thought i might put my hand up for this months' montly meet for Victorian TOCA members.

I was thinking something along the line of a cruise to the dandenong mountains. We could pre-arrange meeting spots and drive up there together or anyone could just come along whenever. This is still very raw and in the early stages of planning so feel free to add input or ideas/suggestions.

I was thinking of doing it on a sunday and making a day thing cause this month is a busy one for me. :P

We could meetup for carwashes and head up there, have a (responsible) mountain run if we want, check out the scenery, stop by somewhere for a nice meal by lunchtime and head home after that. Plus throw in a few stops here and there for a chat, catchup and photo opportunities of course!

I think we've all changed our rides a fair bit since our last meets, it'll be nice to catch up and see how everyone is going. hopefully we can get some new faces out too.

In saying this though, i dont know how the weather will be on us this month so hopefully if it goes ahead.. we have a nice day with sunshine and no rain.

The date hasnt been announced yet.. so we'll see how this goes and we'll go from there.

Johnnieboi

tough! sounds good

HI ALL!

I thought i might put my hand up for this months' montly meet for Victorian TOCA members.

I was thinking something along the line of a cruise to the dandenong mountains. We could pre-arrange meeting spots and drive up there together or anyone could just come along whenever. This is still very raw and in the early stages of planning so feel free to add input or ideas/suggestions.

I was thinking of doing it on a sunday and making a day thing cause this month is a busy one for me. :P

We could meetup for carwashes and head up there, have a (responsible) mountain run if we want, check out the scenery, stop by somewhere for a nice meal by lunchtime and head home after that. Plus throw in a few stops here and there for a chat, catchup and photo opportunities of course!

I think we've all changed our rides a fair bit since our last meets, it'll be nice to catch up and see how everyone is going. hopefully we can get some new faces out too.

In saying this though, i dont know how the weather will be on us this month so hopefully if it goes ahead.. we have a nice day with sunshine and no rain.

The date hasnt been announced yet.. so we'll see how this goes and we'll go from there.

Johnnieboi

im in too i havent been to dandenongs yet so it would be nice to go and meet up with u folks too =D

Count me in as well, I missed the last one, hopefully I should be able to make this one.

Theres a nice place to eat on top of Mt. Dandy, its called The Pie in the Sky lol

They make gourmet pies, their special is usually a beef randang pie lol

Putting up your hand aye? Haha nah sounds good man! But I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it this month (see how busy it gets).

I can always help you out with scoping things out/routes etc, been to Mt. Dandenong several times.

Maybe it's better to make it last Sunday of the month, gives time for organising & people the chance to get themselves free. ;)

Peter.

Thnks for the input guys. Hopefully a few more ppl are interested so we can finalise details. last sunday of the month sounds good. I might do a test run up to dandy mountains just to check things out one day say on a weekend wen im free. Check out the roads, spots, food and etc etc.

Edited by johnnieboi

Hey guys that all sounds fantastic to me - my wingwoman aka camerawoman aka Barb is keen to come along again too :D Dandenong's run sounds great, you must have read my mind because Nathan and I were thinking of checking out the Mt Macedon area as well one weekend soon to see if it's suitable.

One suggestion though, the last Sunday of this month is probably no good because it'll be Anzac Day, might have to be the end of next month or maybe the first Sunday in May which is the 2nd. Just think you will struggle for numbers on Anzac Day.

Anyhoo, all looks great so hopefully with a combined effort we can get something regular happening :)

Let me know when you want to do a test run. I might be cbf doing work and need a little break.. ;)

Yeah for sure man.

Hey guys that all sounds fantastic to me - my wingwoman aka camerawoman aka Barb is keen to come along again too :D Dandenong's run sounds great, you must have read my mind because Nathan and I were thinking of checking out the Mt Macedon area as well one weekend soon to see if it's suitable.

One suggestion though, the last Sunday of this month is probably no good because it'll be Anzac Day, might have to be the end of next month or maybe the first Sunday in May which is the 2nd. Just think you will struggle for numbers on Anzac Day.

Anyhoo, all looks great so hopefully with a combined effort we can get something regular happening :)

Yeah good point tash. Hrmmm.. we'll get some numbers first and see if we need to move it to next month. Whatever is fine.

Gives more time to plan things too i guess.

hey guys, thinking a bit ahead BUT u guys up for a run on the great ocean road sometime after the dandenong run? i loved it there last time i drove to the twelve apostles. was in a rush to see the sunset :P

i haven't been to dandenongs, so should be good! i heard sassafras is nice too, maybe start there and end up in pie in the sky for some steak and mushroom!!! :D

Yeah most likely on weekend.. most probli a sunday event/meet/cruise. I'll keep you guys updated. If i decide to scope things out i'll let you guys know to see if anyone wants to join me so im not so lonely. :P

Looks like there's a few people interested in this!

Maybe it's easier to decide on a date if you state which days you guys are free. :)

Peter.

Edited by dwee.

I prefer a Sunday, (not track day, Winton)

Ok. Just copy and paste, and then add your name to date you're free. Makes it easier for Johnnie to decide the date! :P

Edited by dwee.

Sunday 25th April

- <insert name>

Monday 26th April

- dwee.

- <insert name>

Sunday 2nd May

- dwee.

- Tash

- <insert name>

Hrmmm. I think we'll have to push this months meet to next month. This month seems a busy one for most. How about i throw a date out there. MAY 16th Sunday? I mite do a lil cruise up there first to scope things out. Anyone free this sunday to check things out? If not, i'll still go myself.

can i tag along if i decide to head down there? still trying to toss up dates with the other half we are still undecided and where we are going to go and stay..any recommendations on accomadation around the melb area jsut outside of the city?

Hrmmm. I think we'll have to push this months meet to next month. This month seems a busy one for most. How about i throw a date out there. MAY 16th Sunday? I mite do a lil cruise up there first to scope things out. Anyone free this sunday to check things out? If not, i'll still go myself.

I thought we're installing CAI's this Sunday? :P

I'm good for the 16th!

Charlie, you're more than welcome to tag along! :D

Edited by dwee.