[VIC] MONTHLY MEET - MAY 16TH SUNDAY

WHERE TO EAT GUYS AND GIRLS??  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No offence to anyone, im just really confused about whats going on LOL

thats it, outside now me and u :spiteful:

premeet is on sunday after 12pm right duy? where r u coming from trung? we might all go together if thats the case... if john requires a lift i will go back to pick him up. if not i'll be going from quang minh temple in braybrook...

im in southeastern suburb - clayton south area, i can just go straight there??to the same meet point bottom of the mountain??1299 Burwood Hwy, Upper Ferntree Gully, VIC, Australia??

yeah u can meet up with duy first :)

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mind if i tag along?? its a open free day for me this sun well after 12.30 though..

What time would be able to get there Trung?

premeet is on sunday after 12pm right duy?

Yep, let's see when Trung is able to make it. Depends on Trung, maybe meet at the bottom of the mountain at 1pm?

Peter.

CONFIRMATION OF NUMBERS FOR SKYHIGH:

1. Johnnieboi

2. private number +1

3. dwee

4. Tofuboi

5. Jaderd

6. Guni?

7. tru-star

8. Tash

9. Kenshin X +1

10.jdmwhore

11.SportivoPSI + WRX

12.Lee?

13. Evil twin +1

14. Shinobi

15. Le.vinh.zr (quite possible)?

16. Jskill (quite possible) +1?

17. my friend adam with white 2010 facelift zre ascent

18. tomee's mate with white sportivo

19. dyslexik

20. Grant

Yep, so far is 23 max. if everyone shows up! Johnnie and Thomas, your friends are confirmed? I might just book for 25..unless other people put up their hands NOW! :P

Peter.

It seems like everyone is from the other side of Melbourne from me. Why can't it ever be around the broady area :P

shinobis from broady area :D

I'm from South-east, but always in your area or in westside! :P

mind if i tag along?? its a open free day for me this sun well after 12.30 though..

What time would be able to get there Trung?

premeet is on sunday after 12pm right duy?

Yep, let's see when Trung is able to make it. Depends on Trung, maybe meet at the bottom of the mountain at 1pm?

Peter.

i'll try getting there b4 1pm, heres my mob no. 0422 253 893

Trung.

Be prepared, it is a bit expensive. :P

Lunch Menu

Peter.

looking at this, thats not really that expensive... (compared to the ivy resturant i ate at last time) but ivy was worth the money :) for me i dont care how much i pay, as long as the food is couts :lol:

i'll try and make it before 1 as well... guni is coming, only if its not raining hard, i'm trying to get goz to come too, mini cruise moite :D

Trung, my number is 0402 155 913. Let us know on the day if you're on the way.

looking at this, thats not really that expensive... (compared to the ivy resturant i ate at last time) but ivy was worth the money :) for me i dont care how much i pay, as long as the food is couts :lol:

i'll try and make it before 1 as well... guni is coming, only if its not raining hard, i'm trying to get goz to come too, mini cruise moite :D

I can't remember, but it was expensive for quantity (I eat a fair bit :D)

Trung, my number is 0402 155 913. Let us know on the day if you're on the way.

I can't remember, but it was expensive for quantity (I eat a fair bit :D)

want good value? go to lazy moes F@RK those portions are horrendous! :lol:

Sounds good guys - glad you're doing another recon run :) The SkyHigh menu looks alright to me, there's only so often you go out and enjoy a nice meal so stuff it, why not? Just gotta remember to have cash on us cos it says they don't split the bill!

And for anyone that's confused, on the last couple of pages the Rolla boys have been talking about doing another recon run NOT the details for the meet & cruise. So the first post of this thread is still to be updated with final details after they do another recon run. Tentative details for the 16th May meet are to meet at the car park suggested at the bottom of the mountain before midday, cruise up to Sky High, have lunch, take photos with the view and then finish up with an afternoon cruise maybe through Yarra Glen and up to Kinglake.

Well pointed out tash. Thanks! Yeah we're only talking about recon run guys.. keep checking 1st post for updates!

All these stivos coming out.. gunna be lift like crazy.. i rather ride with kenshinx then get left behind. LOL

Well pointed out tash. Thanks! Yeah we're only talking about recon run guys.. keep checking 1st post for updates!

All these stivos coming out.. gunna be lift like crazy.. i rather ride with kenshinx then get left behind. LOL

It's okay, Lee and myself from the 'Boat Brigade' will keep you guys on ya toes. ;P (200 killer wasps!)

(200 killer wasps!)

lol i remember that commercial, was it for the rav 4? boasting how much power it had? :D

nah wont be pushing it too hard... still getting used to the handling of the new tires... this will be closest to a spirited run i will have since i got them on me car :)

i was just thinking guys, for this recon run, will we be having a radio for each car? i don't think so...

so the best thing is to cram like 5 people in a car so we can actually talk about it while we do the run? easier to communicate too. 2 radios would be enough in this case, and shove 5 people in 2 of the most powerful cars :lol:

also should i make another thread on the great ocean road cruise or just post in this one?

That sounds like a good idea for the recon run, but depends, some people like to drive! :P I guess we'll work it out on the day. (Maybe 2 or 3 people per car?)

I got 2 cb radios, so I can give one to someone that doesn't have one.

See you there at 1pm tomorrow. For anyone that decides to tag along for the recon run last minute tmr, give me a call on 0402 155 913 to see where we are. :) (long walks on the beach.. *cough*)

Peter.

That sounds like a good idea for the recon run, but depends, some people like to drive! :P I guess we'll work it out on the day. (Maybe 2 or 3 people per car?)

I got 2 cb radios, so I can give one to someone that doesn't have one.

See you there at 1pm tomorrow. For anyone that decides to tag along for the recon run last minute tmr, give me a call on 0402 155 913 to see where we are. :) (long walks on the beach.. *cough*)

Peter.

hey duy, what is the range on those radios, just in case one car gets "too far" from the other :D

apart from megan and myself coming. I have another mate coming along. No car, just himself.

So thats around 24 people. Book for 25 for now and see what happens closer to the date.

With all these toyotas here....im beggining to think that my car (subie) will be the most

powerfull ;)

if im awake after night shift ill tail along ;)

Hopefully you can come mate!! It won't be hard driving anyway, an easy laid-back drive. :)

apart from megan and myself coming. I have another mate coming along. No car, just himself.

So thats around 24 people. Book for 25 for now and see what happens closer to the date.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Book for 25. Book tomorrow.

With all these toyotas here....im beggining to think that my car (subie) will be the most

powerfull ;)

The Aurions will give you a run for your money!!

Hey guys, just came back from the 2nd recon run. This is what we have decided.. :)

Meet at the car park at the bottom of the mountain, Burwood Hwy entrance. Going onto Mount Dandenong Tourist Road from Burwood Hwy, there is an entrance to a carpark immediately on the left. We can meet there.

1299 Burwood Hwy, Upper Ferntree Gully, VIC, Australia 11.30am

From there, go up Mt Dandenong Tourist Road to SkyHigh ($5 per car entry), where we can eat, chat, look at scenery, take photos etc.

26 Observatory Road , Mount Dandenong 12:30-1pm?

Now, as a group, we can decide whether or not we want a spot to take more photos. SkyHigh will be busy. I've shown the boys a nice BBQ spot where we can go and take photos if we decide so.

Otherwise, we can continue driving up Mt Dandenong Tourist Road to Canterbury Road exit, and then go to Yarra Glen/Heasville way.

What do you guys think?

IMGP6021.jpg

IMGP6023.jpg

Johnnie & Peter.

Hey guys, just came back from the 2nd recon run. This is what we have decided.. :)

Meet at the car park at the bottom of the mountain, Burwood Hwy entrance. Going onto Mount Dandenong Tourist Road from Burwood Hwy, there is an entrance to a carpark immediately on the left. We can meet there.

1299 Burwood Hwy, Upper Ferntree Gully, VIC, Australia 11.30am

From there, go up Mt Dandenong Tourist Road to SkyHigh ($5 per car entry), where we can eat, chat, look at scenery, take photos etc.

26 Observatory Road , Mount Dandenong 12:30-1pm?

Now, as a group, we can decide whether or not we want a spot to take more photos. SkyHigh will be busy. I've shown the boys a nice BBQ spot where we can go and take photos if we decide so.

Otherwise, we can continue driving up Mt Dandenong Tourist Road to Canterbury Road exit, and then go to Yarra Glen/Heasville way.

What do you guys think?

Johnnie & Peter.

first nice recon, i struggled to keep up with u guys ;)

secondly we have to decide whether to have a bbq OR eat at sky high. Apparently we need to deposit an amount for sky high booking (so we need definite numbers pplz!)

if we do decide on the bbq everyone chip in like 10 bucks and i can organise the food for u guys, sausages and bread, sauce etc (or watever) and eat at the bbq place.

it depends on the weather as well...

Edited by Kenshin X

Yeah. I think we have a plan settled. Either meet and drive straight to skyhigh and eat there or we could go skyhigh and go back to the secluded BBQ place and make our own food. Thing is, we gota bring the food with us. Chipping in is no problem. Would people prefer to just go and eat or have a bbq type thing? I reckon it'll be a bit of a hassle doing BBQ but thats me. Then afterwards we could stop by for a few shots or what not and end the cruise with a drive through yarra glen to kinglake for those who want to.

Thanks for all the guys who made the effort coming out. I suggest bring warm clothes.. it was pretty frosty up on the mountain.

post-10034-127278819141_thumb.jpg

post-10034-127278772245_thumb.jpg

post-10034-127278775274_thumb.jpg

post-10034-127278778641_thumb.jpg

Hopefully theres enough to fit 20 TOCA rides

post-10034-127278781018_thumb.jpg

post-10034-127278786506_thumb.jpg

post-10034-127278763698_thumb.jpg

Tough looking zre

post-10034-127278797807_thumb.jpg

BBQ area - pretty secluded and private

post-10034-127278766728_thumb.jpg