Steve's Aurion ZR6

Steven

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work Steven,have watched this from the start :clap:

whats next maestro?

next mod depends on my tax return and what other customising I can think of. A few things I'm thinking of

- Finish ABS intake piping to replace factory snorkel

- Larger rear brakes

- Further exhaust mods

- Wheels/better tyres

- Leather stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Okie need some opinions here people. I've got a bit of a tax refund coming this year and am torn between what mods are next on the list.

Some larger wheels n better tyres have already been organised as a stop gap for my current set up, hence why not on the list.

Possibilities include

1) Aftermarket headlights (cheapest option)

Ie the CCFL and Audi strip ones like those on ebay here. Reason for these is mostly that my current headlights don't seal properly and tend to fill with condensation every time I wash it (and resealing them isn't possible anymore)

2) BC Adjustable coilovers

To give it more performance through the twisty bits

3) Leather retrim

Just retrimming some bits and pieces of the interior to a tastier leather. Nothing overboard but enough to make a difference.

4) 19 inch wheel/tyre package

The 18 inch wheels I'm getting are just on loan, but will be fitted with really good rubber. However if I forgo any of the above I can go 1 inch larger with semi-decent (but not as good) tyres.

Please stop by with your vote people as I'm very conflicted here and could use some public opinion.

imo dont get the aftermarket headlights they will cheapen the look. better to get oem sportivo ones or give your current ones a second chance in resealing.

the coilovers or 19inch wheels would be best bang for buck in handling and cosmetics respectively

Coilovers and stick with 18"s if you ask me.

19" will kill your ride quality + pricing isn't very delicious. Just grab a set of rims from TireRack. It won't even get to 4 digits AU posted with the dollar above parity!

coilovers! and (if possible) stick with the 18s...

19s wont neccessarily kill your ride quality (your coilovers will do that! lol), but the tyres available for 19s in the correct load rating can be VERY expensive...

my pirelli pzero nero's were $600 a corner... you can find them for cheaper, but that's their RRP...

- the aftermarket headlights do look a bit retarded somehow so skip that

- I would go with the coilovers if you had the money

- As long as it's black no problem.

- I would prefer spending money on better tyres than bigger rims.

If I go the coilover route then the BC racing brands are probably the only ones within my price range (around $1400 plus a bit extra for installation etc). Even then that's going to be a bit of a stretch.

If I go the coilover route then the BC racing brands are probably the only ones within my price range (around $1400 plus a bit extra for installation etc). Even then that's going to be a bit of a stretch.

Just fit them yourself.. its not that hard.

Just fit them yourself.. its not that hard.

Knowing me I probably would, but a bit extra is still required for the wheel alignments

$60 for a wheel alignment..

you're more than capable of doing it yourself, plus if need be, i'm sure a few guys would be willing to help you out..

if you do go down that path, then the obligatory "slammed" picture must be taken during installation... ie, put it on its lowest setting... :lol:

$60 for a wheel alignment..

you're more than capable of doing it yourself, plus if need be, i'm sure a few guys would be willing to help you out..

if you do go down that path, then the obligatory "slammed" picture must be taken during installation... ie, put it on its lowest setting... :lol:

or just roll the lowest setting all the time like a boss.

i dont know about the BC's, but some coilovers "low" is fuqn crazy low!

like, tear your front bar off because you went over a pebble low... :lol:

the **** teins in the yaris are max low atm :(

Get the coils Steve and make me green.

Installing them is a piece of cake. If I can replace my struts at 1am in the morning, you should have no issues at all.

<sigh> FINE I'll get the freakin coilovers <grumble>

Guess I'll have to also figure out how to disassemble my current headlights and fix them AGAIN despite my extreme efforts of "sealing" them last time. Might also have a play whilst in there to make it worth my time hehe

is there going to be a return of the thursday night mechanics team? :lol:

I hope so. I've got knock sensors and a timing belt that need replacing and wTer pump seals could b done at the same time.

We've never done a strut swap at the Loop yet...

• 1 month later...