Steve's Aurion ZR6

Steven

Here's an idea of what my new front grill is going to look like. The new "mesh" needs to be secured better, I just did a quick fit to get an idea of it on the car.

post-13080-0-29541300-1299390310_thumb.j

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the grill properly finished, which involved giving the whole thing a new coat of paint (and cut/polish) and properly securing the mesh to the grill.

Pic is at night, and also doesn't seem any different from other pic posted :unsure:

Can't wait till it's back on the road. Will need to organise a Brissie photoshoot to get some quality pics happening.

post-13080-0-29242000-1300093634_thumb.j

Looks good mate B)

btw can i buy your headlights and foggies?....they look so freakin awesome and i think they would suit mine nicely :P

with your foggies/spotties did you paint the surrounds black or are they made like that? and sorry if you have detailed this already in your thred i must of missed it.

Cheers

Lee

The foglights are as they left the factory at this stage, including the surrounds. My new ones haven't arrived yet.

As for the headlights, give painting them black a go! It's a really straight forward mod and the results would look awesome on your car.

The foglights are as they left the factory at this stage, including the surrounds. My new ones haven't arrived yet.

As for the headlights, give painting them black a go! It's a really straight forward mod and the results would look awesome on your car.

How straightforward? :whistling: I love the black headlight surround mod but I'm too much of a sook to give it a go :lol: Grille is looking great, top stuff!

+1 for the foggies. Other change is that I got rid of the lower grill insert I had made. It looked like it was blocking a fair bit of air from the radiator and didn't match the new(er) grill style.

No more mods planned, car is now being put back together and cleaned up ready to be back on the road in a few weeks. Made a purchase the other day too that should arrive in a few weeks, DJKOR knows what it is but I won't be revealing it yet.

Would appreciate some opinions on some taillight tinting. Having a fairly dark themed front end, the back is looking a tad bright. Opinions people's?

It might be a bit late but you can do a trick that i did to my car, just buy a pair of black stockings or pinch them from the missus, take the light out, stretch them over and there you go.....

Got off my **** and finally got the sub box secured - damn I forgot how good sub bass is! Grill is also being fabricated.

Nothing important about the harrier badge except that it belonged to an obscure Toyota/Lexus model and but somehow got it's own custom badge. Being a Toyota it doesn't feel weird having it on my car and it really get's people thinking about what it is.

Is the sub enclosure a DIY job, or did you purchase it from somewhere? if so, how much and do they also have the right side.? Cheers

The sub is a custom job I made myself. Unfortunately I don't think anyone makes a mass produced fibreglass enclosure for the Aurions (yet).

I have been rethinking the rear end and have found tinted transparent vinyl covers that would tint them well, however after considering things such as legality and insurance I have decided against tinting them. It's not ideal but for the time being I see no other option to darken them but keep them legal (short of cutting them open but that's not a risk I'm keen on at the moment)

Cheers about replying about the sub enclosure......

i made one for my bmw, came out alright, but i wouldn't do it again......

Just wanna get a few things because I'm defo getting a aurion sportivo for my next car, but for now i'm waiting to get rid of my subaru, and I'm never buying a subaru again........ SO now i'm just after a clean car, keeping the mods simple yet awesome.......

thanks again.

Looks excellent Steve, mind if you tell me which Ebay store did you order your projector foggies from and if they are HID compatible as in having the room to fit in the longer H3 bulbs...

thanks !