Steve's Aurion ZR6

Steven

Here I've drawn the true outline in Red, and the rough centre of each pipe (to give an idea of flow) in blue.

As you can see, the join is nearly spot on 45 degrees. Although it's not as sharp as what can be done by creating a whole new Y-piece, I do believe it will none-the-less function better than the unmodified Y-piece and for a cost of some bolts ($11 from Toyota, will pickup on Wednesday morning and install on Thursday) I'm hoping it will be worth the effort.

BTW to any experienced welders, don't slag me off for the huge weld buildup at the join :o

This pipe looks good. But is there any point doing this mod is there any gain?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here I've drawn the true outline in Red, and the rough centre of each pipe (to give an idea of flow) in blue.

As you can see, the join is nearly spot on 45 degrees. Although it's not as sharp as what can be done by creating a whole new Y-piece, I do believe it will none-the-less function better than the unmodified Y-piece and for a cost of some bolts ($11 from Toyota, will pickup on Wednesday morning and install on Thursday) I'm hoping it will be worth the effort.

BTW to any experienced welders, don't slag me off for the huge weld buildup at the join :o

This pipe looks good. But is there any point doing this mod is there any gain?

Having repeated this mod on a TRD Aurion and having found virtually no difference when taken to the track I found a while ago that this part of the exhaust didn't obstruct flow much at all, even in the supercharged models.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately the time has come for me to move on from the Aurion, as I'm changing careers the Aurion is no longer a suitable vehicle and therefore is going to make way for something more appropriate (but will still be a Toyota!)

I've spent the last week or so doing all the small work that has needed to be done for awhile, and all the interior carbon fibre vinyl has been removed and replaced with new trim pieces as even though I liked it, I can see how many people wouldn't and that might have an effect when it comes to sale.

I love this car dearly and know it right down to the chassis, it's been very reliable and hasn't once given me any trouble. I've done quite a bit of work to it but at the same time I'm looking forward to starting with a blank slate again with a different car and see what I can develop for it.

I imagine I'll be posting her up for sale in a few days, hopefully this week sometime. Once she's sold I'll be creating another thread for my new ride.

Some one is going to get an amazing Aurion! I wish you were in syd so i could @ least get to drool over it before it sells.

GL with the sale mate, any hints on the new ride?

Unfortunately the time has come for me to move on from the Aurion, as I'm changing careers the Aurion is no longer a suitable vehicle and therefore is going to make way for something more appropriate (but will still be a Toyota!)

I've spent the last week or so doing all the small work that has needed to be done for awhile, and all the interior carbon fibre vinyl has been removed and replaced with new trim pieces as even though I liked it, I can see how many people wouldn't and that might have an effect when it comes to sale.

I love this car dearly and know it right down to the chassis, it's been very reliable and hasn't once given me any trouble. I've done quite a bit of work to it but at the same time I'm looking forward to starting with a blank slate again with a different car and see what I can develop for it.

I imagine I'll be posting her up for sale in a few days, hopefully this week sometime. Once she's sold I'll be creating another thread for my new ride.

glws, sad to hear, your car was a beaut,

im sure your new baby will have the same treatment with your skills ;) !