Steve's Aurion ZR6

Steven

I've been sitting here for 10 minutes now comparing three photos. The 'photoshop', the photo from page 15 of when you got the wheels/tyres and a photo of my own gold aurion to try and spot a difference between the photoshop and the other two. It's got me beat!

Are you sure there's a change? laugh.gif

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next project, the beginning of taking things to the next level - see if you can pick it from the photoshop below.

Like the look of the car in this pic. Looks wicked!

I see it... closing up the join since comparing an earlier pic on page 15.

YES. Basically it will require only a tiny bit of welding, and the minimal amount of bog plus painting.

Car needs to go into the shop for some minor touch ups soon anyway so this little bit won't cost much extra, plus it will make the front that much smoother.

Also planning on removing door strips and patch welding in the holes they leave, but that's more work and also more difficult so unsure if I'll go ahead with that.

I also wanted to photoshop a gloss black roof but as I stated I'm not that good with photoshop.

Opinions of the roof? I'm already going for the black/gold combo with the rest of the car, and I'm thinking Audi style of a gloss black roof with the sunroof.

• 2 weeks later...

Some new pictures of how she currently sits. Got new wheels due to a mishap with my previous wheels involving a buggered locknut and a holesaw :(

Also newer brakes from a Toyota Kluger which fill the rim a teensy bit better than my previous setup.

post-13080-0-16962300-1318061973_thumb.j

post-13080-0-05818200-1318061983_thumb.j

post-13080-0-26248500-1318061992_thumb.j

post-13080-0-59676100-1318061999_thumb.j

Looking better and better all the time Steve, Agree with Trent they do seem to make the rim look smaller... maybe black the cals?

I recon it will look uber with the black roof, i'm keen to try it too! thers a M3 that parks localy i cant stop my eye from wondering over its black roof all the time.

Theres no way i would paint it black and risk loosing a ton on resale. But i would spend an extra few bucks for a proper vynl skin job.

New shoes looks good steve! Have you considered plastidip for your roof go onto youtube seen some people do hole panels of there car give it that factory matt black look to match grill front ect. Also to keep theme going plasti dip wheels :)

New shoes looks good steve! Have you considered plastidip for your roof go onto youtube seen some people do hole panels of there car give it that factory matt black look to match grill front ect. Also to keep theme going plasti dip wheels :)

I need to request some photoshop masters to "paint" my rims either shadow grey and black before I commit to it, but I like the idea of plasti-dip on the roof to give me an idea of how it will look for cheap. I've done vinyl on a roof before and it's a huge pain to do.

IF you go down the plastidip way search on US ebay its like $7.11 per can compared to the $32 a can here in Brisbane.