lateralus's buzz box

lateralus

nice is this the CES? i'm interested to see how different it is to the stock piping?

edit: i read the subtitle. anyways. i was wondering if lift kicks in more smoothly with this system or more violent? let us know asap :D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers trdrolla1

nice is this the CES? i'm interested to see how different it is to the stock piping?

edit: i read the subtitle. anyways. i was wondering if lift kicks in more smoothly with this system or more violent? let us know asap :D

i replaced the filter for the vvtli oil control valve at the same time, so lift seems like it engages a lot smoother than it did before anyway (placebo much??). whether this is because of the exhaust or the filter replacement, i'm not sure.

i had the mild steel 2.5 resonator back exhaust before with a straight through muffler, and that thing used to scream in lift so loud it was crazy. in contrast the ces system is quieter and more tame, but has a deeper note that sounds much more meaty.

but there is a noticeable increase in grunt :D

Edited by lateralus

ahh so u had a 2.5inch catback all this time? i totally forgot but it was a while since i talked to u haha. so really u didnt feel much different compared to the stock piping cuz that was so long ago u probably couldnt remember. we should drive each others cars one day! :D

nice work dude i found the same thing when i put my exhaust on i bought redsportivo's system and im loving the power gains and the sound of it.... =] how much did the ces system set you back...?

WOW your new bits are beautiful, quality plus :clap:

I was looking at OZ, I only discovered these last week so not sure if you knew about them.They were released on the new Fiat 500 Abarth and from what I understand they are now available but the problem for me is they are only 17x7 and 4 stud only,my loss :(

OZ LEGGENDA

5eb26a09.jpg

cheers guys!

wheels are now on, with the new RE002's in 215/45R17 - very grippy :)

had to raise the ride height by 10mm all round as it was scrubbing majorly. it now only scrubs on sharp or major bumps, and i'm not willing to go any higher. otherwise, awesome!

post-8284-0-03771400-1310201795_thumb.jp

post-8284-0-18234700-1310201797_thumb.jp

post-8284-0-15512100-1310201799_thumb.jp

post-8284-0-43946600-1310201801_thumb.jp

post-8284-0-12552700-1310201803_thumb.jp

post-8284-0-46898900-1310201805_thumb.jp

post-8284-0-35576100-1310201807_thumb.jp

post-8284-0-25129100-1310201809_thumb.jp

post-8284-0-30512900-1310201811_thumb.jp

post-8284-0-83731400-1310201813_thumb.jp

Edited by lateralus

thats HOT :P are the recaros comfortable for everyday driving? is the seating position lower than stock?

well getting in and out of them is a bit of an art, which i've now mastered, lol :P

but yeah, otherwise they are very comfy. they do sit slightly lower than stock, and go a little further back

sorry that ive got a few questions about the seats, i was thinking of getting recaros at some stage :D so are the seats still adjustable in terms of distance from the steering wheel? lean adjustable?

sorry that ive got a few questions about the seats, i was thinking of getting recaros at some stage :D so are the seats still adjustable in terms of distance from the steering wheel? lean adjustable?

Yes you can move the seat back and forth, just get the right rails. Yes you can recline the seats, just get recliner recaros. SR2 SR3 SR4 and others.

thanks guys!

oh my.... those recaros wouldnt have a ciggie burn on the drivers seat wouldnt it? :lol:

no whistling.gif haha

yeah, it does unfortunately in between the seat cushion and side bolster. it's so small though, you probably wouldn't notice it unless you were specifically looking for it. they're otherwise mint so i'm not fussed :D