Aurion with HSV exhaust.

outback

Heyya, so we just got a exhaust put on the aurion, our local guy couldnt get any pre-made ehxaust systems, so he was playing around with diffrent mufflers, when he disscoverd a HSV system fit perfectly, i dont know the specs but it sounds awesome.

Edited by outback

Heyya, so we just got a exhaust put on the aurion, our local guy couldnt get any pre-made ehxaust systems, so he was playing around with diffrent mufflers, when he disscoverd a HSV system fit perfectly, i dont know the specs but it sounds awesome.

Hi outback....good timing...I'm just starting the hunt for exhaust and wondered if yu might get some more details about the set up like parts,cost etc...

cheers! Cam:clap:

nice exhaust, has grunt comparable to the varex system

but, if i didnt see the car and just heard the noise, id say oh a holden driving by, just my thought

other than that well done though, more vids pls :)

Edited by whitezr6

Mate if this vid is not some sort of stitch up you need to post some specs etc. If its the real deal i'd have one in a flash and i am sure there would be some others that would too....might even be some other exhaust places happy if they could market it as well....

let us know some more details hey...

it is my mums car, and i got it put on for her birthday, it was only 500$ pretty much i just told them to make it as loud as they could..

i think they are hsv resonators or hotdogs in there somewhere, i will swing by and ask him what exactly it was they did to it, there arent mufflers on the end.. just tips, ill grab some pics!

it does sound veryyy beefy. like it should

lol that's pretty eff'd up! i don't know if it's just me but it even sounds a little HSVish? But if it's true and it is HSV parts then it stands to reason that after market HSV systems should fit as well. mmmmm having dreams of a Walkinshaw set up :)But we really need to know exactly what from a HSV was fitted to the Sportivo and what series it’s from, Z or E series etc.

lol that's pretty eff'd up! i don't know if it's just me but it even sounds a little HSVish? But if it's true and it is HSV parts then it stands to reason that after market HSV systems should fit as well. mmmmm having dreams of a Walkinshaw set up :)But we really need to know exactly what from a HSV was fitted to the Sportivo and what series it’s from, Z or E series etc.

I like how you think :D

Needs an intake transplant too, it has a bit of a raspy bark, something that i might have killed on mine with resonator and hotdog setup. One question, did they do anything to thr front Y pipe ?

my guess would be that its a hot dog resonator after the cat with no other mufflers...

sounds VERY similiar to when i removed the exhaust all together after the cat... :)

and for $500 in total, i'd be very surprised if they touched the front y-pipe...

The sound just doesn't seem to match the car.

Maybe its just me (Yeah, I just went to my fav exhaust shop yesterday to make my civic less loud from already not loud..LOL).

You sure there was no welding involved? I find that abit hard to believe that a HSV system will bolt straight in.

At the very least, you should be looking at welding up flanges and brackets.

500$ mates rates lolz, i still have not seen the guy, but it sounds soso good in real life.

there has been some welding etc, i think what he ment was it wasn't such a struggle to get it to fit

also, the old mufflers that came off.. were full of petrol :\ is this normal in an aurion? or is it tuned badly?