Cheap 05' Stivo on Carsales.....

Lukusis

Hey all,

been keeping my eyes open for another 'rolla so i know whats about when i finally get my cash together and stumbled upon this little item:

Carsales.com - 2005 TOYOTA COROLLA ZZE123R 5Y SPORTIVO

Oh how i wish i had the funds right now......

(Wasnt sure if i should post this in another lounge/section or not, but seems as i cant afford it right now maybe another member can smile.gif )

Disclaimer: I do not mean to offend anyone. this comment is just from personal experience

i have doubts about this for 1 reason. The fact that someone named Hakim is selling it in Fairfield. Now i'm not being racist. If a Hakim was selling it in say bondi or parra then I would have different thoughts. But combine it with fairfield? nup

Again this is just from my own personal experience from when I was looking for my car now. There is a chance this could be a repairable write off

Also another point before i get flamed. If i was still in the car market I would definitely go have a look at this car because of the low kms and price but wouldn't hold my breath

i never knew the face lifts have all windows auto

gay.....................................................for us :lol:

well you learn something new everyday don't cha?

I never you guys had bright silver console and window inserts until I saw your one.. LOL! Nice and shiny! I think I'm gonna go respray mine. :yahoo:

Disclaimer: I do not mean to offend anyone. this comment is just from personal experience

i have doubts about this for 1 reason. The fact that someone named Hakim is selling it in Fairfield. Now i'm not being racist. If a Hakim was selling it in say bondi or parra then I would have different thoughts. But combine it with fairfield? nup

Again this is just from my own personal experience from when I was looking for my car now. There is a chance this could be a repairable write off

I agree with Aaron 100%. I've seen enough cons when it comes to cars.

were you considering buying Mrs.Sportivos old car?

were you considering buying Mrs.Sportivos old car?

Nah I wasn't on the forum that long ago. My experience was out of 5 of the sportivos I looked at, 3 of them were really shady and all Lebanese around the fairfield/guildford area. allbiet i bought my car from villawood

Quick edit: one of the sportivos wasn't even a sportivo. The guy had an ascent and stuck a sportivo badge to it and tried to pass it off as a sportivo. That was a really bad experience as it was like the first sportivo i was looking at and had never seen one before

I agree with young. and azzman. I also have my doubts about the car in question, based on my past experiences 99% chance it's too good to be true...

someone best get the Vin numbers and thoroughly check the car before doing anything like buying it.

service history, check revs, check for signs of repaired panels, check for obvious signs of new parts etc etc.

However, having said that, still leave 1% for it to be a genuine clean bargain. [very much doubt it though]

Also another point before i get flamed. If i was still in the car market I would definitely go have a look at this car because of the low kms and price but wouldn't hold my breath

Bingo .. Agreed..

The 1st thing i looked at was the contact name and the location... Then to my shock this post which was on my mind

Always worth a look at that price!!!

REVS check is worth your money...might save you going for a drive....

It also says it only has one key - I'd haev to ask why would a car with such low kays have only one key?

The engine bay looks nice and clean.......considering I had a guy off the street ask to buy mine the other day (!) it would be a cheap upgrade!

I never you guys had bright silver console and window inserts until I saw your one.. LOL! Nice and shiny! I think I'm gonna go respray mine. :yahoo:

Who wants cheap plastikie looking silvers when you can have carbon fiber!!!!! FTW !!!

P1000649.jpg

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

oi...buddy, im from Fairfield, and its a dodgy place thank the lord im outa there ! hahahaha :P

oi...buddy, im from Fairfield, and its a dodgy place thank the lord im outa there ! hahahaha :P

=P lol Dan You're probably one of those shady mechanics aren't u :P

=P lol Dan You're probably one of those shady mechanics aren't u :P

nah I'm pretty good... Tho my car needs a new cv

also scratched my front bar, hit a witches hat at over 100k's on the m4..

Always worth a look at that price!!!

REVS check is worth your money...might save you going for a drive....

It also says it only has one key - I'd haev to ask why would a car with such low kays have only one key?

The engine bay looks nice and clean.......considering I had a guy off the street ask to buy mine the other day (!) it would be a cheap upgrade!

Holy COW!

the same thing happened to me, i was telling a few of my tocau mates...

i was at auburn, this bmw cuts me off in the car park as i was trying to get out. i thought i was about to get robbed....

two men came out, n go like "wanna sell me our car? $14k?"////

"errr NO!", then they were like they're lookin for stivo's bla bla bla left. THE END.

-similar story no?

Who wants cheap plastikie looking silvers when you can have carbon fiber!!!!! FTW !!!

P1000649.jpg

You make a decent point... maybe I should just go cover it with carbon fiber vinyls.

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

You make a decent point... maybe I should just go cover it with carbon fiber vinyls.

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

I'm still looking for the JDM cf one. I have the cf gear boot surround but just need the center console to match

P1000649.jpg

AHHH THAT LOOOKKS SEXXY!!!

i was full thinking bout doing this.

now im really set on saving up n buying chickens power windows set and doing this!!

nice stuff dude :clap:

Come on guys, no need to judge the guy just because of his name and the area he lives in.

If anyone is keen why don't you do your research and check it out yourself, what if the guy desperately needs the money and needs to sell?

and no one sells his car if it was 100% trust me .

Pretty broad statement to make there. People sometimes have to sell (maybe even cheaper than usual) because they need to get rid of their car due to other commitments. You can't say you know everyone's intentions.

Not saying this car is good, but you just can't make the generalisation that because the car is cheaper than usual (or as you said... just selling in general) that there is something doggy going on.

I paid a similar price for my sportivo, however i have my doubts about this one aswell.. and lol at the name! Hakim could own a chop shop.. Or there could be money still owed on car. If anyone is interested in it definitely take a look at it in person. Those kms are suspiciously low but it does look like the paint work is in immaculate condition.

99% of the time if you buy a car from them ,its either been in a accident or a repaired write off or a rear cut etc and all fixed doggy so why even bother with it in the first place ? if you tell me its a waste of time because there all liars

and no one sells his car if it was 100% trust me .

What do you mean by "them"?