Toyota Aurion query

Mr Toyoda

Ronnyboy,the new model of the Aurion just came out on September last year and a new model is unlikely to be released for the next 2 years.

Thats alright, i am planning to upgrade my toy early 2012 :)

Will enjoy my Camry for a bit longer

Ronnyboy,the new model of the Aurion just came out on September last year and a new model is unlikely to be released for the next 2 years.

That was a facelift, not a new model. They made minor adjustments to the rear lights on some specs and increased the list of standard features but no change to engine/drivetrain/interior (apart from updated centre console).

Having said that, I don't think they will release a totally new model so soon after the facelift, so 2012 is a likely estimate.

The original poster could buy a Falcon instead and then get hammered even more in depreciation and regularly have to go back to the dealer on a regular basis to fix all manner of electrical and mechanical problems.

All i can say is the Aurion and Camry are two different cars made for 2 different tastes..i would prefer either any day..love the new Camry since im already into them but if i want to continue driving a V6, would only go for an Aurion not any other..and both cars have street cred depending on the owner ;)..people just underestimate the Camry way to much..so thats why i just give them the occasional preview on the streets so they remember a Camry is not just an appliance - an aggressive machine when required :)

just thought I'd chime in on this comment:

the Camry has zero street cred, regardless of who owns it. The Camry has plenty of cred it the reliability and the 'get you from a to b' areas.

People who know you and what you have done to your Camry may view you differently, but I assure you that it has zero street cred.

The original poster could buy a Falcon instead and then get hammered even more in depreciation and regularly have to go back to the dealer on a regular basis to fix all manner of electrical and mechanical problems.

+ 2... Well said :)

People who know you and what you have done to your Camry may view you differently, but I assure you that it has zero street cred.

This is what makes us Camry Drivers Unique :)

All i can say is the Aurion and Camry are two different cars made for 2 different tastes..i would prefer either any day..love the new Camry since im already into them but if i want to continue driving a V6, would only go for an Aurion not any other..and both cars have street cred depending on the owner ;)..people just underestimate the Camry way to much..so thats why i just give them the occasional preview on the streets so they remember a Camry is not just an appliance - an aggressive machine when required :)

just thought I'd chime in on this comment:

the Camry has zero street cred, regardless of who owns it. The Camry has plenty of cred it the reliability and the 'get you from a to b' areas.

i can see your point here..but still i find the gen 4s with a little bit of custom visual mods stands out..ofcourse its no skyline when it comes to street cred..and i really dont bother what people have to say because if the car i drive makes me smile thats all i want end of the day :)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with modding your camry at all, I am a firm believer in this (look at mine!). While you and your friends know what has been done and what it is capable of (regardless of what you have done to it); it will never have cred in the street scene.

I don't give a Shiite what people think about me doing up my Camry, but I am not fooling anyone if I were to say it has street cred. You do your mods for yourself, not the approval of some narrow-minded ****ers.

Even TonyTheTiger's Camry (540hp ATW, fully worked engine, twin-charged) doesn't have any cred outside the town he lives at. He has cred in town because he is well known, but outside it is just another camry... Which happens to be very fast.

and plus on a car with so called 'zero street cred', i find it very interesting to bring it to a stage where it is unique to the other cars of its kind..so when these people who dig street cred sees this car, they go **** i know that car..i have seen it somewhere and what hes done is neat ;)

and plus on a car with so called 'zero street cred', i find it very interesting to bring it to a stage where it is unique to the other cars of its kind..so when these people who dig street cred sees this car, they go **** i know that car..i have seen it somewhere and what hes done is neat ;)

I think you are confusing yourself as it seems you aren't quite sure what street cred is.

I think you are confusing yourself as it seems you aren't quite sure what street cred is.

I wouldn't worry Andrew. You can't change a persons opinion. I agree with you that the Camry will never have street cred... only just a niche thing.

Even the Aurion doesn't have street cred. It's still whitegoods on wheels.

All this street cred talk makes me want to facepalm myself. What are we... high schoolers?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with modding your camry at all, I am a firm believer in this (look at mine!). While you and your friends know what has been done and what it is capable of (regardless of what you have done to it); it will never have cred in the street scene.

I don't give a Shiite what people think about me doing up my Camry, but I am not fooling anyone if I were to say it has street cred. You do your mods for yourself, not the approval of some narrow-minded ****ers.

Even TonyTheTiger's Camry (540hp ATW, fully worked engine, twin-charged) doesn't have any cred outside the town he lives at. He has cred in town because he is well known, but outside it is just another camry... Which happens to be very fast.

ya i know what you mean Andrew..i was just trying to say we all are happy with what we do to our cars end of the day..and yes dont have to bother much about what others have to say..and i absolutely agree Camry has never had street cred among anyone..and it doesnt bother us too because we arent competing for the street cred :)

I wouldn't worry Andrew. You can't change a persons opinion. I agree with you that the Camry will never have street cred... only just a niche thing.

Even the Aurion doesn't have street cred. It's still whitegoods on wheels.

All this street cred talk makes me want to facepalm myself. What are we... high schoolers?

exactly..no debates over street cred..thats for cars who are competing for it :) and lol @ high schoolers :P

• 1 month later...

I agree with the camry having no street cred but someone did bring up a valid point; A person who decides to do up a camry is remembered whether for goood or for bad but either way, they are remembered.

I remember when i 1st picked up my camry and my mates were like wtf, why you doing up a camry? I had a choice between a euro or the camry. I obviously picked the camry for this soul reason - i wanted to be different. As the mods came by, my mates slowly saw what i was creating and have never looked at a stock camry the same since. From attending various meets, i get more attention than some very common cars that are there. People just stare and talk whether it be good or for bad and when i come across them same people months later, they remember my car. because its not like every car out there. A modified camry = unique. And being unique gets you hate or love, but also gets you remembered.

I dont mind however, i love my camry. its perfect for me as a P plater. Not powerful enough (or at all) to get me killed, very good on fuel, very reliable, looks amazing IMO, can carry a car full of people comfortably, and is not really a popo magnet.

my 0.2cents

Next May I get to upgrade my car and am thinking of going from the current Camry Ateva (with leather) to an Aurion Prodigy. However, "Wheels" and other respeceted car magazines say the Aurion is bland, suffers from torque steer and has poor resale expectations. As it is a business car the last complaint does not bother me, but is an Aurion really as bad as these reviews make it out to be? I can't imagine an Audi A4 or Falcon G6 is really any more "exciting".

Of course the magazines will always overinflate Holdens and Fords.They have been doing this for years and people take their opinions as the gospel.Heck i can remember when the VN Commodore first came out and all they did was rant about how incredible a car that was - And we all know how rough as guts a car that was. Come to think of it most of their " Car of the year " turn out to be the actual biggest lemon ever made. Early Magna, Leyland P76 come to mind

Edited by aspirated

Do you have cookies? :o

Sure do. All sizes, shapes and flavours. :P

So long as they are soft and chewy, and taste like Mrs. Fields or Titan Protein Cookies... then I'll join.

FT-86????

FT-86????

Those look really nice aswell :)

Heres a few pics...

post-17377-085140300 1288108663_thumb.jp

post-17377-041701100 1288108695_thumb.jp