Toyota Aurion query

Mr Toyoda

Next May I get to upgrade my car and am thinking of going from the current Camry Ateva (with leather) to an Aurion Prodigy. However, "Wheels" and other respeceted car magazines say the Aurion is bland, suffers from torque steer and has poor resale expectations. As it is a business car the last complaint does not bother me, but is an Aurion really as bad as these reviews make it out to be? I can't imagine an Audi A4 or Falcon G6 is really any more "exciting".

Next May I get to upgrade my car and am thinking of going from the current Camry Ateva (with leather) to an Aurion Prodigy. However, "Wheels" and other respeceted car magazines say the Aurion is bland, suffers from torque steer and has poor resale expectations. As it is a business car the last complaint does not bother me, but is an Aurion really as bad as these reviews make it out to be? I can't imagine an Audi A4 or Falcon G6 is really any more "exciting".

better if u test drive it first rather than listen to reviews. and if you're happy with your camry being the most reliable car, why upgrade?

also is it your own business or a company car. if its a company car just get it, you got nothing to loose really. but if your a sole trader, just stick with what you're happy with

I am very surprised someone actually said that any Toyota have a poor resale expectation. That is the first time I have ever heard that from anyone.

You should shop around and try every car.

I am very surprised someone actually said that any Toyota have a poor resale expectation. That is the first time I have ever heard that from anyone.

You should shop around and try every car.

Aurions have never had good re-sale, and probably never will. The issue doesn't come from the quality of the product, rather it's use - like the Falcon and Commodore, a large proportion of Aurions are sold as fleet, hire or company cars. Most fleet and hire companies have policies of replacing vehicles every x years (say 3 or so), so you end up with a glut of cars on the used market, most of which have high kilometres travelled and relatively poor upkeep (you tend to not care about a car as much if you don't physically own it) - this drives the resale value down.

Aurions have never had good re-sale, and probably never will. The issue doesn't come from the quality of the product, rather it's use - like the Falcon and Commodore, a large proportion of Aurions are sold as fleet, hire or company cars. Most fleet and hire companies have policies of replacing vehicles every x years (say 3 or so), so you end up with a glut of cars on the used market, most of which have high kilometres travelled and relatively poor upkeep (you tend to not care about a car as much if you don't physically own it) - this drives the resale value down.

Are we comparing the Aurion resale to cars in other car classes (silly)? or to other family sized 6s?

Looking at the market, the Aurion seems holds up pretty good compared to the likes of Honda, Holden and Ford cars for same price range. Mazda on the other hand seems to hold value very well, but to be honest I don't see why.

Are we comparing the Aurion resale to cars in other car classes (silly)? or to other family sized 6s?

Looking at the market, the Aurion seems holds up pretty good compared to the likes of Honda, Holden and Ford cars for same price range. Mazda on the other hand seems to hold value very well, but to be honest I don't see why.

mate, I bought a Camry because the Touring SE seemed like great value. I think you're right about the Aurion, it is very very bland car and the sports models do not cut it at all, with zero street cred. I reckon you're wrong in that Audi and Falcon are rear wheel drive with driver orientation. Then again consider Lexus IS-F.

mate, I bought a Camry because the Touring SE seemed like great value. I think you're right about the Aurion, it is very very bland car and the sports models do not cut it at all, with zero street cred. I reckon you're wrong in that Audi and Falcon are rear wheel drive with driver orientation. Then again consider Lexus IS-F.

So does that mean you think the Camry Touring SE has "street cred" if you have used that in your analysis when purchasing a car???

An Aurion is a slightly glorified Camry.

So does that mean you think the Camry Touring SE has "street cred" if you have used that in your analysis when purchasing a car???

An Aurion is a slightly glorified Camry.

x2.

If the aurion has no street cred, the camry must be in the negatives.

x2.

If the aurion has no street cred, the camry must be in the negatives.

Uh oh... :toast:

note the 'if' in my sentence there Andrew.

You know I like your car, but its just the perception of camrys is often that they are 'appliances'

When you turn an appliance into a weapon then that is a different story! tongue.gif

My car, pure and simple, is an appliance. It is my daily drive and without it I couldn't get to and from work and it will probably become a family car if I manage to keep it for a few more years.

It isnt a sports or race car, if isnt designed for the track or rally. It is a family car that I believe is sexy. tongue.gif

Anyone else driving any variant of an Aurion (bar TRD) are kidding thems selves if they think otherwise...... Unless of course if they have modded it heavily for the track (waste of time IMO doing that to an Aurion).

No street cred :lol:.

Such an idiotic statement to make when you alone picked a Camry.

Go hang with your 'Fast and the Furious' crew then. When you hang around people who actually know a thing or two about cars, then you will find that the Aurion is quite a credible car in what it can do considering the market it is aimed for... especially when it runs 14.2s 1/4 miles and 1:08 around QR.

You know I like your car, but its just the perception of camrys is often that they are 'appliances'

Hahahaha, it's taken me around $15k to get the 'All New Camry Sportivo' to actually be what Toyota IMO, should have made it.

No offence taken, the Camry has a street credit rating of approximately 3/10 of bugger all.

Hahahaha, it's taken me around $15k to get the 'All New Camry Sportivo' to actually be what Toyota IMO, should have made it.

No offence taken, the Camry has a street credit rating of approximately 3/10 of bugger all.

Totally agree - although its quite sad really :lol: I must admit though after driving around a boring Gen 6 Altise I was sooooooooo happy to get back into the Sportivo, its like 100 times better. It scares me though that I need to win tattslotto to give it some street cred lol But then again, that's not the main reason I bought it, though I am certainly happy it turns heads, though I think thats mostly to do with the colour and more recently the wheels.

Edited by Tash

WTF all i can say is WTF???? I’m guessing it's been put in the Camry section so that the Aurion owners didn’t commit mass murder?

For a starter the Aurion by far has the best resale value of it's class by many thousands of dollars when compared to Falcon and commodore this is even more impressive when you consider that the list price of my Aurion models is cheaper than there other local rivals. even car sales came to the Aurion’s defence when fords new president had a crack at the sales volumes of Aurion(that is in the Aust market anyway) and it's resale totally forgetting to check his facts on his own car that sells in pissy little numbers and by far had the worst resale of every car in its class... say it now KNOBBER!

Like other have said if the Aurion has no street cred and is bland then what is Camry? as Aurion betters Camry in every way, looks meaner and sleeker handles and steers better than the floaty Camry and the interior isn’t so i dunno "drab" it feels more alive with its "shadow chrome accents" Power train is in another universe far more refined package fuel consumption is basically the same without it sounded stressed the auto is far bit cleverer. i drove a Camry alteva L (which i assume must be the LE model before touring) and i couldn’t not wait to get into my car, felt nothing at all like my car but to be fair this was a fleet car that looked as if it had been washed with steel wool so god knows how it had been treated! But i can’t honestly see why you'd bother going Camry when there is such a small price difference between it at the ATX. I love hybrid Camry but could not settle for the rest of Camry range after Aurion. and before you start saying Aurion is just a v6 Camry thats only half true, Aurion only shares the basic platform, roof and doors with Camry, front and rear of the chassis is different and braced to buggery suspension slightly different and body panels different and then the rest of the changes are pretty obvious.

the massive torque steer issue was really a media beat up by the falcodore doors because Toyota had them on the run when Aurion was launched, sure the standard atx will tug a bit under a hefty throttle input but you’re not going to put it in a tree because of it and you soon learn how to adjust to a powerful fwd if you do like to drive hard. Finally Sportivo models have been praised for their dynamic ability the dent in its dynamics really was the pathetic wheel/tyre combo from factory that really wasn’t up to the task, put some commodore sized wheels on them and it makes a big difference. Really should of had 18x8 as standard.'

ok rant over :)

Why is this Topic here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the people who want to convert from the camry to the aurion :whistling: :whistling:

Join the dark side :spiteful: :spiteful:

Only when the dark side gets manual transmission :lol:

the aurion is underated compared to the commodore and falcon, and i thinks it got to do with the fact that toyota has never had any reputation for producing big v6 cars eg. the camry v6 made a couple of years back was never able to compete with a flacon or commodore as it a 3.0 ltr v6 producing around 140kw compared to 170ish kw 3.6ltr commodore and a 4.0 ltr 190kw falcon.

Why is this Topic here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the people who want to convert from the camry to the aurion :whistling: :whistling:

Join the dark side :spiteful: :spiteful:

Im keen on an 2010 SX6 :)

I remember reading somewhere that the new design Aurion would be releasing sometime next year. Not sure how correct this is

All i can say is the Aurion and Camry are two different cars made for 2 different tastes..i would prefer either any day..love the new Camry since im already into them but if i want to continue driving a V6, would only go for an Aurion not any other..and both cars have street cred depending on the owner ;)..people just underestimate the Camry way to much..so thats why i just give them the occasional preview on the streets so they remember a Camry is not just an appliance - an aggressive machine when required :)