arc's ZRE Levin SX

arc

Here are the pics you are all waiting for.

398099669.jpg

398099670.jpg

398099674.jpg

398099675.jpg

sick! can't wait to see man. Did you end up getting that front lip? ;)

My badge is in the process of finshing up with a few more light coats and light sanding.

Havnt ordered it yet I've got 2 sets of 8000k HIDS on the way then i have to pay the rego for this and the aurion then i will get front grill. So prob order it early sept.

oh my god, u got the Modellista front grill...Jealous. Price is the thing that set me away

Second, is your reverse camera hard to install, I am so lazy to put my one on...have to do soldering..

My soldering skills are very bad...

If you are in NSW, definitely want to see your hot car

Hey mate its not the Modellista grill i thought about it but for $400 i decided to paint myself. A genuine grill from Toyota is close to $300 so I just sanded back the one on car. I didn't find the camera hard to install but ive done heaps of them before so had a few cars to practice on before i did mine haha, sorry in QLD.

Hey ARC is that the standard grill painted black or the modellista front grill? Loving your work!

Hey Corza thanks for the comment yeah as i posted above just the standard sanded back and painted. I used a Silhouette Black (DSF87) I wanted to try keep it close to a matte black so it sort of matched the rear defuser, I'm also thinking when i get the front lip of doing the same colour silhouette black colour just to stand out abit more. What are your thoughts?

Do you need to take the front bumper off for the grill. and the badge?

Do you paint it yourself? I am thinking of doing mine

I think you can pull the badge off without taking front bumper off but to get grill out you will need to pull the front bar off. Yeah i painted it myself.

I thought as much. I thought about doing the same thing to mine as $400 for a grill is ridiculous - I think your's looks very similar to the modellista anyways - I couldn't really tell the difference. I think the black lip would look awesome, make it look more sporty that's for sure. You talking about the TRD lip I'm assuming?

lol took me a few weeks to get around to it so your not the only one that sits on your ***** :lol:

I think Flipsta has the ones your after for sale saves waiting

Different I'm afraid. Yours is considered a "sports" front spoiler which sticks out a little more than the standard 2 black pieces they chuck on the Ascents. Hence why I'm interested in yours if you decide to go down the TRD route :P

Alright no worries I'll keep you upto date when the time comes. What colour is your rolla?

Did some experimenting today with some gloss black paint and also behind the badge I have painted that the original tungsten colour.

Before

398099675.jpg

After

398174891.jpg

I have the grill painted gloss aswell and came up well although I was in a rush to get it in to see what it looked like and it wasnt fully dry ended up taking some paint off so in the middle of re-sanding and painting again :angry:

Also in-between layers a Mate and I thought about modding the factory air box ducting, I didnt take a photo of how it is from factory but what we did was take the hose from the airbox that goes down behind fog light and loops back up comes out sort of next to battery, it now goes straight down to the lower grill for some cold air :D

In this photo ive used zip ties to pull it closer to the wiring loom to keep it away from fog light.

398174978.jpg

This is not the exact sitting spot of the hose was just there for test fit to make sure it cleared the bar Ive managed to strech it more to the centre will get some photos up tomorrow when I put the grill in.

398174966.jpg

Awesome work! I think it looks better with the blue background to the badge. Would look even better if it matched the colour of the car more (although it may just be the picture that makes it look different?)

In the pic it does really look like blue even though when the paint was mixed the sample card was a really good match better then the photo.

Better with the black or blue backing on badge?

I like the blue backing,looks good on light coloured cars,all black from a distance just looks like a big hole.I had mine black and looked empty.. Works on graphite and black..