New to the forum!

I just purchased a new 2011 Kluger KX-R FWD in Silver for $45000 Drive Away

This included the following:

• 5 Years / 140000KM Bumper to Bumper Warranty
  • Full interior and exterior protection
  • Boot Mat
  • 4x Rubber Mats
  • Free loan car whenever the car is with them

I am pretty happy with this - I wasn't able to get much movement on the price because of the 3.9%

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was a big let down. The Essendon Aiport Toyota guy I dealt with seemed to have no interest in negotiating a price (I do realize he does not have to!). He dropped the price by 4 grand ie 71k.

Looks like I have to head over to Deer Park and make a deal.

Did u decide on which one u r going with? If so, which model and dealer did you end up with? Can you also give me the discount pricing u got? Cheers.

Bargain price received by any recent buyers is also appreciated?

Edited by Klu-ger

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I live in Sydney & want a Kluger KXS-AWD !

What is the best price going around ?

I don't mind buying interstate !

How did you go with this? I'm interested in the same in Sydney.

Bought a facelift 2010 model in early Jan 2011. Paid $38,800. Base model KXR-5 seats, two wheel drive with mats,bull-bar,3 year service locked in at $170. Thought it was reasonable deal at the time. Rear parking sensors as well.

Edited by John1

Hi All, I Have just bought a new 2011 KX-R Crystal Pearl Kluger in Perth and take delivery next week. Compliance plated 2012? Just wondering what other members bought theirs for new? Mine was $45,500 but they gave me $15,500 for my 2007 ATX Aurion 85,000kms on the clock. With the new Kluger I also got Side steps, Nudgebar, Darkest legal window tint, full tank of fuel, 12 Months rego + Rubber Cargo/Floor Mats. All Up, A total changeover of $30,000 Driveaway on Toyotas 3.9% Finance. I think i did ok?

Edited by Manda 525

Hi All, I Have just bought a new 2011 KX-R Crystal Pearl Kluger in Perth and take delivery next week. Compliance plated 2012? Just wondering what other members bought theirs for new? Mine was $45,500 but they gave me $15,500 for my 2007 ATX Aurion 85,000kms on the clock. With the new Kluger I also got Side steps, Nudgebar, Darkest legal window tint, full tank of fuel, 12 Months rego + Rubber Cargo/Floor Mats. All Up, A total changeover of $30,000 Driveaway on Toyotas 3.9% Finance. I think i did ok?

All wheel drive or two wheel..? 7 or 5 seat?

Oh Kluger 5 Seater, 2WD smile.gif

Sounds like a reasonable deal though you would have lost a bit on the trade in. Klugers are great cars. BTW dont fuel with anything other thans 98 or 95. E10 is rubbish.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought i would fill anyone who is interested in comparing prices on my purchase:

2011 KX-S FWD with

tow bar

front sensors

rear sensors

mats

for $49 500 drive away

it is 2012 now so they are getting rid of the old ones i think. Did try a few other dealers and they could not match that price

in sydney

Hello John,

This was posted back at the end of last year, but any advice where to get the 2012 at this price.

I got quoted 45k drive-away for a KX-R MY11 with leather seats without haggling, but just wondering if I can get a 2012, (or a KX-S with nudge and tow bar) for the same price around sydney.

any advice welcome,

Keith

Hi All

I am new to this site and was hoping for some guidence

Have been shopping for a Kluger KX-R 2wd and have received a Drive away price for a 2012 build and delivered 7 seater in Silver metalic for $42,400 Delivered late Feb early March

Nudge bar

Side steps

mats

Do you think I can get this any cheaper?

Just an update

Just put pen to paper today

Total price $50,581 discount $7581 drive away $43,000.00

Added in price was the extended 3yr extended Factory warranty.

I think the price seems okay?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

John

Edited by player

Hi All,

new to this site,

walked in to a Sydney dealer and the sales guy said they had a special for $43k on a 2011 KX-R FWD 7 seater in silver. After reading this thread I think that it may not be a good deal after all. Do you think this price is achievable on a 2012 built model and which dealers price better?

Thanks

Ricko

Edited by ricksta

Hey Ricko,

Is that with any accessories? I've seen a few 2011 7 seaters on-line this week, with an advertised price of ~$41 for the base KX-R model. I think you should be able to get at least a few optional accessories added on for $43. John who I linked to above said he got a 2012 with nudge bars and side steps (which the dealers price as $2k?) for $43.

thanks Keith, yeah i'm waiting as not in a hurry.

hope John can advise which dealer he got his price through as the $43K was standard with no accessories.

Edited by rickon

• 3 weeks later...

We ended up getting a 2012 kx-s fwd for 50k, was also offered 53.5 for an awd, but already hitting our price limit at 50. I did all my thorough research on the R model, so didn't see all the guys from a year ago saying they got base kx-s models for 47-48. We had the tow bar added in, but that's all. I think if you have the time and are wanting a popular highly stocked colour you could get a better price, but we wanted tidal blue and didn't want to wait to get it and are soon to be some happy kluger owners. Thanks for everyone putting there prices down it really cuts the bargaining bs down when you know what a reasonable price is before you start talking with the dealer. I also found it pretty easy once you have a figure in mind to just ring dealers and say can you give me this and this for the price you want to pay. If you say your willing to put a deposit down on the spot (when they ask) they will give you an offer. Best of luck to everyone trying to get a good price.

Congrats Keith!

Any chance you could PM me which dealer this was through?

We're about to start our hunt for a 2012 KX-S AWD with the following:

• Black
  • Floor mats
  • Rubber cargo mat
  • Side steps
  • Front parking sensors
  • Rear parking sensors
  • Mud flaps
  • Tinting (on all windows, except front, of course :))

The one dealer we've spoken to came back with $60,300 drive away. I also got fleet pricing at $57,997 drive away.

An earlier post indicated a drive-away price of $56,000 which included all of the above plus metallic paint, tow pack, nudge bar, roof racks, luggage pod, and bonnet and light protectors.

There’s also a post which mentions a fleet price of $52,613, so the offer you got for the AWD looks pretty good.

Just signed for a 2012 Graphite KX-S AWD for $52,800 bare in Brisbane.

Managed to get a bit of a cut on the mats, cargo mat, and parking sensors, plus a full tank of fuel.

Total price $53,600 drive away.

Best I could do in and around Brisbane after a month of research and shopping around. I'm not a brilliant negotiator, but I'm fairly happy with the deal.

2011 models are very scarce now, and most dealers are trying to hold onto them as Demonstrators to generate 2012 sales.

I would have only saved $1500 by purchasing a Demo. Better to have the 2012 model for resale value I think.

Hope this is of help to someone. Best of luck.

I was told by blacktown that they would match any price, but when I told them 50 they gave me an offer close but slightly over. That said you would probably do better rocking up there.

Narelleen near campbelltown had the 53.5 awd.

Chatswood was not a bad price, but my wife was put off by the sales guy not liking the features/colours we wanted and letting us know about it. It wasn't bad advice, just delivered a little bluntly.

Maitland Toyota down in Newcastle can also do good deals

Mate they will if they want the sale, i found the cheapest kx-s on line and had it on my mobile ready for the negotiations, after a few back and fowards on pricing we seemed to stall so then it was time to bring it out and they were happy to price match. 3 more sleeps to go

Hey scott, How long do you have to wait? Did you get yours from sci fleet> So far they have been great to deal with pick up tuesday for me.

I'm going to have to wait Dave.... probably 3-4 weeks.

Got mine from a Southside dealer.

You were lucky to get yours so fast. No-one on this side of town has ANY 2012 builds in stock.