high k's??

siberia09

Hi all, it's my first contribution on this really good site. What a wealth of info is being shared around. I'm in the market for a second hand Aurion & i've seen some 07 & 08 models(atx) around the high $18's to mid $19's with k's ranging from high 40's to mid 60's. My question is has do these prices seem o.k for the amount of k's & has anyone purchased an Aurion with high k's and have you had any major dramas?? Thanks in advance. ..P.S I currently drive a 99 Camry Touring with 272,000 k's, I'm keeping it as it just refuses to die & I love it. The Aurion will be for my wife.

G'day and welcome, I have also found this site to be of great use and a fantastic source of information.

I purchased a 2007 Aurion Presara in March 2010, it had been registered for just on 3 years and the orginal owner had clocked about 81,000km on it at time of purchase. It was used as a business car and the high kilometres were as a result on lots of country driving.

The owner was able to show the full service history (completed at Toyota servicing), the car was not modified in any way and everything seemed to be in working order. I'm happy to say the car has been a dream and completely hassle free, not a single problem all. I gave it a minor service at 85000km just to make sure I didn't buy a lemon and it recently had a 900000km major service. Both reports were fine, the car is still in great condition.

My only advice regarding the km's would be to ask how they were accumalated i.e. Was a it a taxi, police car or rent-a-car in its fromer life? I would probably tend to avoid these as I can only imagine how well they were treated.

I would also make sure everything was in working order i.e. log book service and any repairs/mods. An ATX is a fairly basic model so there isn't much to go wrong but it's worthwhile avoiding this sort of mistake -

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30324&st=0&p=421624&fromsearch=1entry421624

All the best.

Edited by Kombi17

Hi and welcome to the forum. I purchased an 07 at-x at 2 years old with 60,000 k's which was an ex-rental and have not had any problems with it at all. The log books had been filled out and it was always serviced on time which I think is a big factor in the overall scheme of things. If you look around you could possibly pick up an 07 sportivo for around 20k which would be a better buy. Whatever model you buy you wont be disappointed, they are great cars to drive.

Cheers

Peter

I bought an ex-gov 06 Aurion AT-X with 80,000ks. Had full Toyota service log book records and all.

Only issue that I have had is the clutch in the alternator was getting stuck and causing the belts/pulleys to squeal on idle. Cost a bit to fix as it was difficult to diagnose.

A big thank you for the warm welcome and for taking the time to answer my questions. Although I said the car was going to be for my wife I'll have access to it on the weekends....if I behave. I'm in Victoria and I've looked around some Toyota dealers; a car rental company and a large car yard in Moorabbin(not sure if I'm allowed to use business names and they seem to carry a lot of ex-fleet cars). I've looked through service books & I'm hoping to do something before years end. I drove one for a day(the bosses car) and really enjoyed just how smooth it was and it seemed like a real quality car. Will keep all informed. Again many many thanks.

Apparently the average annual driving for a metro car (Sydney, Melbourne, etc.. ) is 25000km. I have always used this when buying cars, so when I looked for an Aurion I decided to not buy any older than 07 and as such could not have gone more than 75000.

I would also make sure everything was in working order i.e. log book service and any repairs/mods. An ATX is a fairly basic model so there isn't much to go wrong but it's worthwhile avoiding this sort of mistake -

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30324&st=0&p=421624&fromsearch=1entry421624

Thanks,Kombi for reminding me of my mistake. :P

But yes, it's very important to test all the bits to ensure they all worked as expected.

My mistake was not to test everything before buying the car, and the auto wiper was missed until a rainy day came.

Sometimes looking at the log book won't tell you everything as mine had a clean/full service log book too, but to also look, touch and listen to everything to make sure they are working the way should be.

Hi all. Well I've finally purchased a March 08 Aurion ATX,the colour is Tungston. It has just on 80,000 k's on the clock. It has the balance of the new car warranty(only 3 months) & the dealer(Toyota) threw in an extra 3 year 100,000 k warranty. It was a one owner car with a full Toyota service history. The dealer tinted the windows for me and the car looks a treat. It's got a a couple of minor stone chips on the front right hand side of the bonnet which i'd like to touch up. I'm not much of a DIY guy so I'll have to take the car somewhere to do it. I've read on the FAQ's about adding some driving lights so I'll have some fitted at the car's next service. Other than that I'm really

happy. Have a happy & safe new year to all.

I've read on the FAQ's about adding some driving lights so I'll have some fitted at the car's next service. .... Have a happy & safe new year to all.

Driving lights or fog lights?

Those lights below the head lights are fog lights aren't they? They're only legal to use in fog/appropriate weather conditions and generally a waste of money in Melbourne. $172 on the spot I was told by a copper, if used incorrectly. I know this isn't a common ticket, but it's a good thing to know.

And hny to you to!