Oh Damm Americans lol

Adamsy

Just being having a look around Toyota US's website and damm the standard features and accessories available for the Camry and Avalon over there makes out Camry Aurion's look a bit silly.

Just having a quick through the specs and i already see these things.

. Daylight running lamps with manual on/off switch - Std

. JBL upgraded sound - Opt

. An On/Off button for the VSC/TRC system! - Std

. Voice activated Satnav -optional like it is here on ZR6/Presara but ours does not have the voice activation function :(

. Heated front seats - Std

. Drivers Knee air bag - Std

. Tyre Pressure monitoring system - Std

. Interior Illumination L.E.D's - Std

ACCESSORIES

. Paint protection film for the bonnet/bumper

. Cargo net and "tote" for the boot

. Rear seat entertainment system

. Remote engine start!

. VIP upgraded security system with glass breakage sensors.

Some pretty cool things available there that we dont have here :( kind of sucks!

Plus they have a range of TRD products available, 18in Wheels, Air/Oil Filters, Exhaust/Muffler systems & Oil/Radiator fuel caps etc

Edited by Adamsy

Hmmm...

Don't we have Tyre Pressure Monitoring System here? I think it's optional for the new Aurion, but I enquire and they can do it with the pre-facelift aurion too.

The list doesn't seem that attractive to me.. Only the glass sensors and the Voice Activated SatNav!!

I remember trying the voice activation for my satnav unit before I sold it, I can't remember exactly how it worked but it was less functional than the US version - it was basically useless.

Best thing I see in that list is the on/off switch for the VSC/TRC

VFX: you are quite correct we do have the tyre pressure system here but as an accessory which means it comes with a hell ugly display that gets mounted on your console it's not a standard feature like in the US so isn’t integrated into the Satnav or audio system screen.

The TRC/VSC off button would be a good thing and is a duel stage just like in Corolla. Hit it once turns TRC off hold it in and VSC turns off as well.

&& o I don’t know living in Tassie, those seat heaters might come in handy some mornings lol

&& o I don’t know living in Tassie, those seat heaters might come in handy some mornings lol

The would be next to useless here in QLD. They need to make chilled seats or something.

Of all the addition extras the Yanks get, I must say, I'm not fussed. All the people that think (before you say it here) that a VSC/TC switch would be nice, I honestly have to ask, is it really beneficial for you? I don't really hear many stories of people here tracking their Aurion's. Personally, I have only had a need to turn my VSC/TC off about twice in the entire year. Once at the drags, and another time to rip a skid. Otherwise, I have not come across a situation thinking "I need to turn it off".

The would be next to useless here in QLD. They need to make chilled seats or something.

Of all the addition extras the Yanks get, I must say, I'm not fussed. All the people that think (before you say it here) that a VSC/TC switch would be nice, I honestly have to ask, is it really beneficial for you? I don't really hear many stories of people here tracking their Aurion's. Personally, I have only had a need to turn my VSC/TC off about twice in the entire year. Once at the drags, and another time to rip a skid. Otherwise, I have not come across a situation thinking "I need to turn it off".

Well they us the button is there for adverse terrain - 4wd where some slip is actually a good thing (this is with the A-Trac system though and diff locks/LSD although A-Trac cant be used with Rear Diff lock) but for passengers vehicles they say it can be useful for getting a car out of snow etc where the TRC can work against forward motion. Had them stumped when i asked then why Camry/Aurion didn’t have it for these purposes???

Nah I wouldn’t use the seat heaters either I don’t think, the weather in the north of the state is pretty much the same as Melbourne in reality where only 380kms away…

I have used them in Kakadu’s and actually found them to be a bit I dunno unnatural and annoying.

Still though it would be nice to at least be able to tick the box or have them as standard like they do, they no doubt pay less for the same car with more features lol

The cars are simply built based on what customers want in those countries and what they have come to expect. We only want big cars with big engines, and only in the later years has it become more natural to think about safety. America gets a knee airbag, look at an Yaris/Echo 5 years ago in Europe - it came with 7 airbags as standard.

I would personally like the tyre pressure system, to assist with better fuel economy management, but agree, the one we can get here does not look nice. Again this is something that is now law in some European countries - as it helps fuel economy = less polution.

I have the rear entertainment system. You can get it here too. You just need to search for it under accessories for the Prado. It works with all Toyota's. Kids love it. Duo screen, can watch the same movie on both or different movie on each. Has 2 remotes, and wireless head phones. Don;t ask me the cost as the in-laws bought if for the kids for Christmas. Oh yes it also crash tested to European Standards.

Don't fancy heated seats. They heat till they reach the set temp, then turn off, and come on again once temp dropped to a certain point. Basically gives you the feeling that your bum is being burnt every 10min :)

The cars are simply built based on what customers want in those countries and what they have come to expect. We only want big cars with big engines, and only in the later years has it become more natural to think about safety. America gets a knee airbag, look at an Yaris/Echo 5 years ago in Europe - it came with 7 airbags as standard.

I would personally like the tyre pressure system, to assist with better fuel economy management, but agree, the one we can get here does not look nice. Again this is something that is now law in some European countries - as it helps fuel economy = less polution.

I have the rear entertainment system. You can get it here too. You just need to search for it under accessories for the Prado. It works with all Toyota's. Kids love it. Duo screen, can watch the same movie on both or different movie on each. Has 2 remotes, and wireless head phones. Don;t ask me the cost as the in-laws bought if for the kids for Christmas. Oh yes it also crash tested to European Standards.

Don't fancy heated seats. They heat till they reach the set temp, then turn off, and come on again once temp dropped to a certain point. Basically gives you the feeling that your bum is being burnt every 10min :)

i know the screens your referring too from the 150 series Prado and there just the clip on the head rest style as opposed to the ones actually on the head rest, locally think Holden Caprice. And they work out fairly expensive because you have to get the dual system which involves a few different bits and pieces.

I too would like the tyre pressure system especially with 19in wheels. when i first got the car i looked at getting the system then seen one installed at work and went errr nah hate where the screen sits, if it could be put somewhere else id live with it. then a month or go as we did a nice road trip down the east coast and i got a nail in my right rear and of course was worried about it for the rest of the trip even though i checked the pressure regularly and it had lost near to nothing but i swore i was going to get the system and couldn’t remember what had turned me off in the first place as the price for a Toyota employee isn’t too bad BUT then i seen the screen again and went ahh yeah that’s right that’s what put me off lol UGLYYYY it actually doesn’t look to bad in a Prado by it sits just under the stero/sat nav system on a bracket in Aurion so is quite out of place and ugly.

ACCESSORIES

. Remote engine start!

Wouldn't mind these things, although if I really wanted the remote engine start I would've forked out and got a sportivo. The On/Off button for the VSC/TRC system sounds nice but I've only had to turn off TRC 3 times, all of which was me being an idiot ;)

The tyre monitoring is nice, but I check them regularly anyway

Would definitely like paint protection film unless it faded the bonnet/bumper slower than the rest of the car, and I'm not sure what security system is standard over here.

ACCESSORIES

. Remote engine start!

Wouldn't mind these things, although if I really wanted the remote engine start I would've forked out and got a sportivo. The On/Off button for the VSC/TRC system sounds nice but I've only had to turn off TRC 3 times, all of which was me being an idiot ;)

The tyre monitoring is nice, but I check them regularly anyway

Would definitely like paint protection film unless it faded the bonnet/bumper slower than the rest of the car, and I'm not sure what security system is standard over here.

Oh nahh i think your confusing the remote start for Smart entry/smart start which is the key fob you just keep on you and the starter button that the ZR6, Presara and 3500SL has?? remote start is where you push a button on the key and the car starts as your walkinh toeards it, handy if your into robbing banks or running from a gangs lol <_<

how does the US std TPMS monitor the pressure? directly from the valves or indirectly by the ABS system? the bmws use the ABS method and obviously not as accurate. mine doesnt give the pressure only warns when there is a significant drop in pressure ie. a puncture.

how does the US std TPMS monitor the pressure? directly from the valves or indirectly by the ABS system? the bmws use the ABS method and obviously not as accurate. mine doesnt give the pressure only warns when there is a significant drop in pressure ie. a puncture.

Much the same way our optional accessory one does, that is that there is a wireless sensor mounted on the inside of each rim including the spare, this has been proven to give the most reliable information and the Toyota system not only does pressures and alarms when pressure is too high or low but also can give a temperature read out on each tyre too.

A side note on the American Toyota remote start... it kills the engine the moment you open the door. Pretty effing crap 'safety feature' if you ask me. This means you remote start your car, then when you hop in, you have to manually start the car again.

The $100 CCS remote start I put in my Gen 2 Camry was decent enough to only kill the engine if you tapped the brakes or put it in gear. At least that gave you the opportunity to keep the engine on.