Corolla Sportivo V's Merc

My Girlfiend that was driving, is ok but rattled, has some bad seat beat bursing and a rub on her nose from air bag. Bit stiff so glad nothing worse happened. Just shows how good corolla saftey is. Person driving other car had broken ribs and is ok now too.

Found out today that car is a total loss. Still waiting on insurance to payout. Have to get quotes on new car.

post-212-1121225599_thumb.jpg

post-212-1121225623_thumb.jpg

Japan (1) - Europe (Nil) :lol:

I'm actually quite suprised that none of the remaining panels on the Rolla were not buckled or falling off. I've seen some examples where the front of the car had been hit and the doors and roof panels (which were not touched by the crash) had been damaged due to the design of the body to absorb shock - it was a VS Commodore.

Good to hear no one got hurt - although I must say if it happend to my Corolla and it wasn't my fault, I would've ensured the bloke's broken ribs weren't caused by the crash, but rather by the owner of the Sportivo, if you know what I mean.. :ph34r:

Take Care!

Saleem

Whoa....looks like it was a big crash :(

Thank *** no one was seriosuly injured!!!!

Hope ur gf makes a speedy recovery :D

...as the saying goes...cars can be replaced , lives can't :P

if u don't mind me asking...im sure many ppl on here would like to know how it happened.....

good luck with ur new car :D

ps. may ur sportivo R.I.P. :(

WOW... goes to show how well the crumple zones and force dissipation works. Glad to see no one was seriously injured, and hoe your gf recovers soon. I head on incident is always scary to see...

Edited by Blue_Stivo

Crash happened on cross road. Sportivo going straight thru intersection. Green Light driving 50 km (SA speed limit). Merc Coming from other direction, wanting to turn right. Didn't give way and crashed into front drivers side fender and tried to drive across front of sportivo. Car will be auction by RAA (Adelaide SA) not sure where it's going.

Group buy at the auction???????

yeah group buy lol

id love the door trims and good condition panels same colour as mine then could go all out and custom paint either mine or the others.

good to see no one was dramaticly injured mate.

and im seriously impressed with the crumple zones in the rolla wouldnt have thought it was that strong. but looks to have come off better than the merc.

Here are my feelings:

The fact it happened...

:o :o :o

The fact it's red...

:( :( :(

The fact it was a Merc:

:lol::lol::lol:

The fact your GF is OK:

:) :) :)

Crash happened on cross road. Sportivo going straight thru intersection. Green Light driving 50 km (SA speed limit). Merc Coming from other direction, wanting to turn right. Didn't give way and crashed into front drivers side fender and tried to drive across front of sportivo. Car will be auction by RAA (Adelaide SA) not sure where it's going.

:P :P

:P :P

ohhhh hehe how did i miss that post :angry::lol:

glad to hear all parties involved are okay and no serious injuries

As northy said sportivo wrecks are hard to come by.......cameron can you pick this up and leave it in your backyeard for us....northy and i will get a few things from you ;)