Zeinheiger's Aurion Sportivo '08

Zeinheiger

I ran on 3/4 of a tank... I'll try to run it down before i go next time, fuel was cheap the day I bought it so I couldn't resist filling it up, but hopefully I'll head down on April 1st to do it all again

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor Update: Painted the front calipers, have to work now, so will have to do the rears another day

I remember my old man painting my calipers for me on my old AE82 Rolla many moons ago and always from then on out figured it was crap. :P (I knew he meant well lol.)

But after seeing this, it's actually not too bad. :P I don't think I could paint my calipers Aurora Gold though. :P

Drags were good :) We'll see about the Camry - if I want a new clutch it has to be made cos I can't find one for the ACV40R, the OEM clutch isn't bad, I just don't fully trust it in that kind of scenario...

Calipers look good! How easy was it to do and would I need to do a wheel alignment again after? Also, where did you buy the can from?? I just looked them up online and they do a Bright Gold :D

Drags were good :) We'll see about the Camry - if I want a new clutch it has to be made cos I can't find one for the ACV40R, the OEM clutch isn't bad, I just don't fully trust it in that kind of scenario...

Calipers look good! How easy was it to do and would I need to do a wheel alignment again after? Also, where did you buy the can from?? I just looked them up online and they do a Bright Gold :D

I figured the OEM clutch should still be able to take a bit of a beating, not too much obviously but figured it wouldn't last long if you constantly gave it a thrashing. Needs exedy, STAT. :(

The more and more I look at those calipers, the more and more I want them in gold LOL. But I think when the BC Coilovers arrive is when i'd do it. make an uber weekend of it. :P

I figured the OEM clutch should still be able to take a bit of a beating, not too much obviously but figured it wouldn't last long if you constantly gave it a thrashing. Needs exedy, STAT. :(

The more and more I look at those calipers, the more and more I want them in gold LOL. But I think when the BC Coilovers arrive is when i'd do it. make an uber weekend of it. :P

Hahah yes, but the problem is Exedy only make a clutch for the 36 series Camry, not the 40 :(

That makes sense, although there's no way I'd attempt installing coilovers. Wondering if I could give a can of caliper paint to the mechanics at the next service along with the rear sway bar, but that might be pushing things a bit :lol:

Tash, I paid $16 for the can at Autobarn, I don't recall seeing gold, I did see a yellow though, you don't exactly need 'Caliper paint' you can just use normal spray paint with a good undercoat of metal primer as the calipers don't usually get that hot, unless you're taking your car on regular spirited drives involving heavy braking, you could just use touch up car colour spray if you wanted to, just make sure the surface is sanded, cleaned and primed properly first... I bought the caliper paint because it was cheaper than the normal paint ($19) Aren't I a bargain hunter? :lol:

Caliper paint is just heat resistant paint... It can handle higher temperatures than regular paint, but then again your calipers actually don't get that hot, the pads/discs take most of the heat...

I painted them while they were on the car and I heavily masked all the surrounding areas, but for a better result I'd recommend removing the calipers and painting them if you have the time... I didn't as I don't have axle stands, so i had to do it one by one, removing the calipers would have added so much more time for such a minor result, So i couldn't justify removing them...

Wheel alignment shouldn't be a problem unless I can't put the wheel nuts back on in the correct order, just like when changing a tyre, loosen nuts in order 1,3,5,2,4 then remove in same order and replace in the same order, starting from the top nut in a clockwise pattern

Pretty sure the Bronco doesn't have any worries about getting tractiontongue.gif

I guess he should be thinking of a wheelie bar blink.gif

And calipers looks good mate, top stuff :)

Mine should be painted in the coming days :D

Red?

Damn, I still haven't painted my rears, where's some spare time when I need it???

Pink :P

Not sure what color yet , most likely red :)

Pink :P

Not sure what color yet , most likely red :)

Oh please do them pink! I could use a laugh! Might even do them pink in the render you want, for a little inspiration :lol:

haha, Yeah you can do pink in the Render :D Only the Calipers that is. If it turns out well, then ill paint it pink :D

No no no, you must have misunderstood, I'm doing the whole car in pink... What's your opinion on playboy stickers? :P

Your more then welcome to make two renders :D

One for me which should look super awesome like all your other renders :D

The second one for you in pink with all barbie and playboy stickers for your pleasure :P

Sounds good :)

I will make the 1 render but I can turn it into 2 with a few minutes of adjusting the images hue/saturation and give you a pink one and a red one :)

Close to finishing Daryls. Needs wheels and grille then it's done

I will make the 1 render but I can turn it into 2 with a few minutes of adjusting the images hue/saturation and give you a pink one and a red one :)

Close to finishing Daryls. Needs wheels and grille then it's done

Most likely you will have Daryl's one completed by 5am :toast:

Yeh I like the eyelids black as it goes with the whole front end.

Still need thicker mesh on the grille whistling.gif

And maybe something on the lower one spiteful.gif Although I guess locusts aren't really a problem down there tongue.gif