Wang's Corolla ZRE Sedan

wanga

Hey everyone,

Would just like to post some pics of my car and hope to do tasteful mods in future and get as much info/advice here on this forums. (TOCA people are awesome! :D ). Some background info on the car bought it on January 4th 2011 at auctions and for a very good price (2008 Conquest model, 19,000kms, government car owned by NSW Health Admin) me and my partner were happy to win it! :lol: I've always liked the ZRE models and been looking for one since October 2010 until I got this one.

Other than having 1 pin dent on the bonnet and numerous paints chips on the drivers door the car is fabulous and very nice to drive. As soon as I found this site and checked out/read night after night of mods and info I definitely wanted to this one just enough to make me smile everytime I get in and take it for a spin. This fella is my one car for everything so I hope to make it as nice as I can afford to do it haha.

Well enough of me blabbing on I'll get started.

Here it is stock as a rock.

scorolla001.jpg

By wangapooh at 2011-02-19

Buddyclub P1's I got off from JE-55-EA, cheers mate!

newphotos005.jpg

OEM Toyota Corolla S grill, I've always loved that grill and honestly on most of the other Toyota cars as well, Camry, Aurion, ZZE, etc.

newphotos046.jpg

Lastly I got the car lowered on Lovell Springs but what's happened is the guy who ordered the springs, he got super lows in the front and sport lows in the rears thinking the rears will settle. I did ask him to get both sport lows front and back but I now see the super lows being kinda impractical for me as I'm scraping a fair bit. I do drive carefully over humps lowered style but still no dice, worse is I'm a big fella and I drive most weekends with 4 people in it. He's ordered the normal ones for the front and I'll be getting them installed this Monday coming. But here's a pic of it's stance right now.

newphotos076.jpg

Sorry for the long post people I'm actually happy to post all this for all to see. :P Would love to hear from everyone what else I can do to it and again hope to put some more mods on this new fella of mine! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Wang

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome and nice purchase,you already have tasteful mods I see, especially the grille, looks great on the car, black Toyota badge should suit it too I think ;)

Congrats, the car looks fantastic :toast:

Actually I have but the front is too low and back is fine, I'm using Lovell springs. Gonna get it changed and hope the ride won't ruin whatever is underneath.

Hey and welcome wanga :) The ZRE looks great - good pick-up on the buddy clubs, they really really suit it! Good luck with the lowering, hopefully the next lot of springs will sort your issues out :)

Welcome and nice purchase,you already have tasteful mods I see, especially the grille, looks great on the car, black Toyota badge should suit it too I think ;)

Congrats, the car looks fantastic :toast:

thanks mate i would definitely say the same to u and more considering all the awesome stuff you've put on that little beauty of yours. one of the real stand out corollas seen here in aus :toast:

yep will be putting a black badge look very soon, gotta find out how to do it first :P

Hey and welcome wanga :) The ZRE looks great - good pick-up on the buddy clubs, they really really suit it! Good luck with the lowering, hopefully the next lot of springs will sort your issues out :)

thanks Tash, always loved the P1's ever since they came out and wouldn't matter which car i owned they still would go on :lol:

yeah hopefully it'll be done tomorrow afternoon and then i can just feel content not thinking when is the next time i'll be scraping over something. :D

• 3 weeks later...

finally got new front springs in but unfortunately they weren't the lovells i've been waiting for, the company has told me they're out of stock for the next few weeks. so in the end i got king springs fitted and now my ride feels so much better, less scrubbing and my grind sound when i go over speed bumps with 4 people in the car. :lol:

the behind sits a little higher but i've always liked the looking down type stance so i'm happy with it.

shousebuild1march201012.jpg

By wangapooh at 2011-03-14

looking at selling the lovell fronts once i become a supporter and then get myself a k and n panel filter to get the little fella some cleaner air flow. when i saw the stock one i couldn't believe how dark the thing was and how much dust i could smack out of it. :(

looks very nice, reminds me of a really familiar ZRE sedan with those wheels (;

haha yeah they once belonged to JE-55-EA's sedan, the guy had great mods on his car as well. :D

thanks for the nice comments guys! :D haha i would go lower if they ever make carbon fibre underbody for the car then i'll be in scrape heaven :P

just ordered some philips crystal vision lights and a k and n panel filter...man the money u save when u bypass retail and buy online. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

another update!

finally got my k & n panel filter in, chucked it in and took the car for a spin hoping for a small little something (more suction, better engine rev, anything!) out of it but nothing really just happy to have one of these than the OEM one which my god feels like cardboard!

img0149y.jpg

By wangapooh at 2011-03-25

also bought myself a pair of Philips Xtreme Power Halogens for the high beams but still wondering whether i should go hid or stay with crystal visions :whistling:

img0148fs.jpg

By wangapooh at 2011-03-25

oh if your wondering why the globes looks like the stock corolla ones and not the philips is because i already changed them and wanna keep the stockies safe :D

hopefully next time i can net myself a rear sway bar.

Nice man. Its looking good. I sometimes get to drive my dads zre sedan on the weekend. They go pretty good. I keep telling him to chuck in some mods. But he's boring :P

Nyway good looking ride mate keep us posted

Zain

• 1 month later...

just a quick update on the car, the usdm tail lights i ordered from ebay finally came in and got to install them after work. i must say i'm very impressed with the fitment and funny enough the look of it which is what most people would buy it for in the first reason. i honestly bought the lights for standing out in the crowd but after standing there looking it for a few moments i realise to myself "wow doesn't look too bad", even my partner who is anti-mod liked them more than i did. hopefully she'll turn a new leaf with me buying a few more things later on. :lol:

wang

img0440r.jpg

By wangapooh at 2011-05-24

hey they look good. I got the smoked LED rears. Half expected them not to fit. You never know what you get from o/seas ebay. :-0

hey they look good. I got the smoked LED rears. Half expected them not to fit. You never know what you get from o/seas ebay. :-0

yeah i always had the "u get for what u ay for" mentality but they all fitted in pretty well actually. i just double checked that i tightened the bolts securely and made sure they didn't wobble once fitted. i was going for the smoked one as well but figured i would like to keep it stock looking and less attention of the cops :P

just another thing did u have trouble taken the orginals off? because the main lights had 3 bolts and two trunk ones had 2 bolts but all four had this permanent white tab thingy which were a bitch to get off to the point i actually had to cut them off. luckily the new ones came with them and u just pushed them into and re-lock them in. :lol:

yeah i always had the "u get for what u ay for" mentality but they all fitted in pretty well actually. i just double checked that i tightened the bolts securely and made sure they didn't wobble once fitted. i was going for the smoked one as well but figured i would like to keep it stock looking and less attention of the cops :P

just another thing did u have trouble taken the orginals off? because the main lights had 3 bolts and two trunk ones had 2 bolts but all four had this permanent white tab thingy which were a bitch to get off to the point i actually had to cut them off. luckily the new ones came with them and u just pushed them into and re-lock them in. :lol:

thats right the white tab things they were a bitch!! I broke the drivers side but saved the passenger end. ive had mine for almost a year now and still no issues, so quality seems to be holding also. I didnt think at the time but had to later order the bumper reflectors in smoke. As soon as i fitted the tail lights and stood back it looked so dickie. lol

Any future plans for the car? I like the grill change also.