ISSUES WITH IDLE

My cars idle is ****** up again ... Just started again yesterday even after toyota changed my ecu .... was ok for like 2 weeks now its dropped again... at the lights it just sits there farting and popping ....

at 500rpm instead of 750rpm feels like its gonna die..  :angry:

:(

when u guys FIRST turn ur car on what revs do you get at idle??

mien is liek 1,750-1,900 rpm

after about 10 mins i get about 800-900rpm which is normal but the first start is quite high and its a pretty loud induction roar haha

Yeh thats Normal all the corollas do it... after it warms up my idle sits as low as 500 ... and just vibrates and shakes..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this for ALL acsents? for the boys with the idle problem, what year did you get your car? maybe we can narrow it down to a time range, if it's not ALL of them. But i don't seem to have any problem with mine

Is there any way to adjust the idle????

I have had a minor blip on the weekend, other than that the thing idles at 500 or there abouts normally...

Oh and this is an 01 Conquest

mine is May 05 Jap build - i dont get the stalling issue tho .. yet .. only done 500km's in it haha

gonna do 2 weeks straight Gosford runs to bring it up to 1000 kms for my service

well thanks to this thread, today at the lights i was just eyeing my rpms, and yeh it sits at 750, but no shaking or anything, not sure what that means, btw i've got a 03 ascent

Mine's an 02 ascent. It used to do the idle thing when it was newer. Its now past 71,000kms and is now modded.

Ever since i put my short ram, exhaust, iridium sparks, and emanage its only ever done it once and that was after some serious hard driving through the natio park...

05 Conquest (04 built, 05 model)

28000km, roughly 7 months old.

No idle problems.

Although recently, there seems to be a really, really, really small problem when braking suddenly.

Very, very slight shuddering as if it's gonna stall.

It's not noticeable at all unless you're feeling for it.

Doesn't happen all the time.

At the moment, I don't see it as a problem at all, just thought I'd give my input on the 05 model.

02 levin

idle problem in mornings and as i stated b4 same with suicide that braking suddenly or stationary position thing and starts shuddering <_< atleast i dont mind as long as it doesnt stall. but thats all in due time.

i know for sure my car wont get recalled.. the mega lot of the problem comes in the release year and its 2002 ; ;

05 Ascent with 22000 km on the clock. I've been having basically the same problem. Mine seems to happen after the engine has warmed up to normal operating temperature and then get really rough. It happens off and on when the car is warm. It has never happened when the car is cold, strangely. I'd love to get it sorted out...

First time it happened today,

I was waiting at the lights, car went down to 500rpm, car started shaking a bit.

Ascent 2002 Hatch, 41,000km on it. I never noticed this before, and I took it in for a service last week. For the 40k service. The car was at normal running temperature, wasnt cold.

First time it happened today,

I was waiting at the lights, car went down to 500rpm, car started shaking a bit.

Ascent 2002 Hatch, 41,000km on it. I never noticed this before, and I took it in for a service last week. For the 40k service. The car was at normal running temperature, wasnt cold.

Have an '05 conquest hatch and the car also shakes a bit when I stop at the lights.. drops down to around 500rpm .... <_< gotta get this checked out at the next service.. which is due soon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i'm a long time lurker who just noticed this thread and decided to register.

Anyway i've had the same problem with my stock :( '03 Conquest which i've owned since new. First noticed it at the start of this year & I reported it at my last service back in July, however I don't think they did anything to correct the problem since it still happens. I'll be reporting it again at my next service in a couple of weeks & see what their response is...

Edited by Conquest

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

I'm new owner of Corolla 2006 and I have same problem.

At first I was sure it was my inexperience responsible for motor stalling at each street corner...

I had 3 others Toyota and after 200-300km, now I'm sure it's not a 18inches code problem!

It's random, not occuring at each ride. But when it occurs, I noticed RPM stay too low when idling and I have to press very hard on gaz pedal to move without stalling, after that car runs well with rpm over 1500-2000.

Hot or cold, it's the same problem... and here in Quebec, it's winter with temperatures below zero.

It's seems to be like when we have an firing problem and we lose a cylinder for a while...

I will have to deal that with Toyota... I hope they will find that bug because I will regret my Tercel 1991 which was still in perfect condition (except for body...) when I decided to upgrade...

I will wait for that first 1000km to be sure trouble wont clear itself.

Louis.

the only problem with my idle is when i start the car in the morning or after a bit of a break it revs to just under 2000 rpm before dropping 1 min later.

• 4 months later...

Hey,

I'm looking into buying a 05 model Corolla soon. Just wondering if you guys are still having issues with idling/surging etc?

Is it a major concern? I'm looking to get a new car for reliability and no headaches but if this is a major issue then I may have to reconsider.

Yeh i also have the issues with the idling.... 2004 facelift Ascent Sedan.... Idle fluctuates between 500 and 750 with no air con.. ALso only does it when its warmed up..

i will be changing the spark plugs at the next service to denso or NGK and getting a SAFC II in a while... hopefully that will fix the problem.

Andrew

my Ascent had this problem.. only when it was warm, so after at least 1hr of driving

but it wasnt a regular occurance, maybe once or twice a month

didnt seem to be a major issue either, just when it happened, i stomped on the accelerator. seemed to be a quick fix

btw. this was an '04 model

hey!!

ive just read the magazine... and for one of those Voltage Stabilizers... (I think it is)...

it says it stabilised the engine idle....

ive heard many good things about it... but i know most people says it promises too much..

but does it actually help the engine idle?

Its a "Electronic Supercharger"... :lol:

• 11 months later...

I've still got this problem on my car, and no 'voltage stabilising electro supercharger' is going to fix it.

It's a combination problem.

- Engine idle calibration.

- Mount stiffness/design

- Body modal alignment

Toyota's *****-poor development is to blame for this and all we can do is live with it.

hey guys i got the 06 corolla ascent (sedan) and there doesnt seem to be any problem with mine? i will keep a closer look, now that everyone is experiencing these problems..