Forum etiquette

GSV40R

So i've been a long time reader and a member for only 1 year now.

maybe a mod can set me straight.

its ok to allow and condone the download of illegal and copyright infringing manuals with nothing done about out it , like locking or erasing a thread.

but a member of the community with 23years of toyota experience and willing to give out technical advice for free many times now , is left to have to pay $30 forcibly it he wants to put up a thread relating to the sale of his beloved aurion zr6 , without any notification -- just lock the thread and wipe off the written words. so the only way is to become a "SUPPORTER" is it ? shell out $30 for a few written lines.

i think not

gsv40 out

p.s. thanks for the warning ????????

• Like 1

mmm perhaps we'll handball that one on to super moderators or management. :blink: guess there has to be certain advantages to be a club supporter though?

• Like 1

This ain't boost losing dude. Support the club that supports u. Ur a non financial member of the club. Why should u get any financial gain? fairs fair.

This

Also, you become a supporter to support the club... Not become a supporter to sell your car

i m a member of other forums as well. i choose to donate when there is a need for said forum to reach a monthly quota , granted.

my first post was deleted , i started with " not sure where or even if i am to post but here goes" to that effect. kind direction could have been given.

im not in for financial gain , just the unfortunate circumstance where my current vehicle will need to be replaced with another so i can fit a wheel chair in for my daughter. and i have a vehicle which is my pride and joy and it should be someone elses who can appreciate it as much as i. i am 1 eyed toyota and have been for 23 years and i pride my work especially when i can pass on knowledge to help others.

just communication was all i asked

• Like 1

I understand your situation and i do empathise with your circumstances, but the forum rules in regards to selling are displayed on the front page. If you are unsure about what to do i find its always best to ask a moderator first who would be more than happy to give you the appropriate advice rather than to take action first.

Regarding the posting of illegal content, im sure the moderators are not aware of this and rely on members to bring this to their attention. Im certain they would appreciate any input or feedback youd like to give without turning this into a public matter

• Like 2

Post content that is in breach of the rules defined for the forum may be modified or removed without any further action required or verbal warning. The fact your posting right is still enabled means that you have not been banned or lose your posting abilities, just that your post was modified. There was no warn required for this.

Only rules that have been defined can be enforced, so your statement made about the "download of illegal and copyright infringing manuals" is a valid point. As such, this has been taken up with higher forum administration and is pending review so this can be made clear in the Terms and Conditions of this forum. Once this is defined, any objectionable content containing as such can be reported and removed for breaching the specified T&C's.

• Like 1

without any notification -- just lock the thread and wipe off the written words.

Last I checked, its stated explicitly in the Buy/Sell rules that only supporters can sell their cars on here. How much more notification do you need?

You named your thread "forum etiquette". Would reading and understanding the rules before participating not be part of that?

Anyway, if you don't want to pay the $30 to become a supporter, I'm sure the Trading Post or your local paper will gladly take your money.

GSV40R has a valid point though. We highly appreciate members with experience in Toyota, like employee / owners with lots of knowledge like we all currently have here.

As DJKOR said, this is brought to the attention of higher forum admin. But if it didn't turn out your way, I wouldn't be surprised.

Apart from the community helps like advices and such, the forum needs some sort of financial maintenance and upgrades, hence the subscriptions. Every1 can contribute in a million different ways. Despite of that, the forum needs its existence for people to gather..

And once again, with internet and forums, it's a place without benefits. Will to give and not expect anything. No one is forced to help each other. Only my 2cent.

• Like 1

Thanks to all the level head people who replied , i was asking for an explanation on the deletion without notification , that is all. I've been a member on my motorbike forum for 3.5 years now and when i overstepped the line a mod sent me a PM and warned me about impending actions.

no biggie.

BUT LOOK

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

i will now advertise.

cheers

possibly to be without GSV40 :(

• Like 2