Best 19" Tyres for Aurion

httttt

Ladies and Gents,

What are your opinions on the best 19" tyres for your Aurion. I am looking for minimal price for the most Ks but your opinions on all tyre applications is appreciated. Performance isn't a priority for me.

I understand this has been asked before but I would like people fresh opinions.

FYI, I am still considering selling my wheels here.

Best compromise between cost and performance: Federal 595SS. I paid $190 per tire (plus fitting) and they sure do their job Spend a little more though and get best bang for your buck with Federal 595EVO.

Best compromise between cost and performance: Federal 595SS. I paid $190 per tire (plus fitting) and they sure do their job Spend a little more though and get best bang for your buck with Federal 595EVO.

Lol well i guess the very best would be a R compound tyre like Michelin cup pilot, Bridgestone Potenza and Dunlop but that a little extremememememe! and if your not too concerned about outright grip and adhesion then you may even want to give directional and asymmetric tyres and just go for normal ones, but yes good all round tyres with grip, not to noisy and get a decent amount of kays out of with pretty good high levels of all round road holding then it’s hard to go past either the kumho KU31 or KU19, for the price these are pretty hard to go past! other than that I’m really happy with the FK452's on my car, there performance rates just a bee's you know what ahead of the KU's but wear a little sooner, there used extensively by guys at Legana seca for day cracks. World is really your oyster though as this is a pretty damm popular size these days :)

World is really your oyster though as this is a pretty damm popular size these days :)

Really? Last time tires were a concern for me (ie. not long ago), they were still an annoying size. Potenza Adrenalin at about $400 a pop, and S. Drives at $430. Speaking of which.... I am NEVER buying Yokohama again for a FWD unless I have a bit of money to burn. As far as it goes, Federals are doing the job quite well and have decent wear for me to consider it again. But my circumstances mean I drive quite a lot, so value plays a huge role. Using the 595SS's at the moment and will go 595EVO on the next round. Unfortunately these have been on quite a backorder so I have to wait.

But as the original question asks for best cost efficiency with respect to mileage, I'd say the 595SS. They have more 'meat' than the 595EVO and are of course cheaper as mentioned.

World is really your oyster though as this is a pretty damm popular size these days :)

Really? Last time tires were a concern for me (ie. not long ago), they were still an annoying size. Potenza Adrenalin at about $400 a pop, and S. Drives at $430. Speaking of which.... I am NEVER buying Yokohama again for a FWD unless I have a bit of money to burn. As far as it goes, Federals are doing the job quite well and have decent wear for me to consider it again. Using the 595SS's at the moment and will go 595EVO on the next round. Unfortunately these have been on quite a backorder so I have to wait.

But as the original question asks for best cost efficiency with respect to mileage, I'd say the 595SS. They have more 'meat' than the 595EVO and are of course cheaper as mentioned.

LOL 245/35ZR19 93Y? There reasonable common among large sedans? locally Y and Z series HSV's use that size as does every 19inch wheeled FPV since that brand has being kicking about,300C also run it and some of the German brands, so it certainly shouldn’t be hard to get hold of them?

LOL 245/35ZR19 93Y? There reasonable common among large sedans? locally Y and Z series HSV's use that size as does every 19inch wheeled FPV since that brand has being kicking about,300C also run it and some of the German brands, so it certainly shouldn’t be hard to get hold of them?

I should have been more specific. I didn't mean annoying in terms of availability, I mean annoying in terms of being a size that despite it's somewhat commonality, it's price tends to be higher than 19 inch tires like those on the Commodore which are 245/40R19.

Thanks gents.

Well it looks like the Federals win purely based on price.

If I can find someone to fit them for $200 or less a corner then I wont sell my rims.

If I can find someone to fit them for $200 or less a corner then I wont sell my rims.

+

Federal SS 595 245/35R19 $190 Each Fitted @ Fairfield East on Woodville Rd

=

WIN!

• 1 month later...

Okay.

I'm still rolling on stock rather than my rims due to being too lazy to get new tires.

How thick can I go? the current set is 245-35-19 but I thinking of going 245-40-19. Has anyone had problems with 245-35-19 or has anyone even tried 245-45-19?

Okay.

I'm still rolling on stock rather than my rims due to being too lazy to get new tires.

How thick can I go? the current set is 245-35-19 but I thinking of going 245-40-19. Has anyone had problems with 245-35-19 or has anyone even tried 245-45-19?

thats a good question, one i wouldnt mind an aswer too myself. i too run 245/35 and thought maybe 245/40's might give a slightly better ride due to there being more rubber to absorb the bumps on the road.

Okay.

thats a good question, one i wouldnt mind an aswer too myself. i too run 245/35 and thought maybe 245/40's might give a slightly better ride due to there being more rubber to absorb the bumps on the road.

I'm keen on some feed back soon as I need to order the tires in. No one stocks Federals around my area but they are by far the cheapest "performance" tires I can find.

I also have to add that I have it lowered with King Springs.

I would not go any more than 245/40R19 as this still falls within an acceptable increase in diameter. 245/45R19 is pushing it a little too far. I can't comment on the ride quality however as I have not tried such a size on the Aurion.

Maxis 245/35/19 zr I've done nearly 35k on them and on a trd where traction its a bit harder to find $220 each bob jane great grip dry/wet.

I ended up finding some Federal 595SS's for $800 installed but got a deal on 2x new and 2x 80% Used Bridgestone RE050As.

The RE050A is easily the best tire I have owned and driven on but I would never pay retail for them.

The Aurion feels like it is on rails.

Also, the tires are 245/40 and so far only scrub when turning 80% to full circle (19" with Lowered King Springs and stock shocks).

The slightly thicker tire provides a sportier look to the car and fills the guard slightly more. A negative effect makes my 19" wheels which already look like 18" smaller again, this is because the inner part of my rims do not goto the end of the dish.

Ride comfort over 245/35 is marginal but a difference is noted.

They are also Asymmetric so if I rotate them right and take care of them I should see a more even wear.

• 3 months later...

Might be a little late to reply.

I got my 19's about 6 months ago and got F*cked around with them..

the tyres they said go with my car were 245/40.

After fitting i noticed they were scuffing REALLY bad in the back and i went back and got told that i needed to get my guard rolled, i said this didnt sound right and that i think the correct tyre size was 245/35 as this is what the TRD model has, he told me to maintain the rolling cercumference he needed the 40 profile,

I got my guards rolled and now this created a bit of a shrp lip under my guard, which tore up the rubber even worse!

Went back to the tyre bloke and then i got told my suspension must be stuffed. I asked is it possible i have the wrong tyre size or the wrong offset rims and he said no.

so i went to a suspension mob who told me my suspension is fine, The tyre dude eventually told me which offset i got, which was +35, stock it is +45 so i demanded new rims and tyres since the old ones were torn up from scrubbing. I ordered a +45 rims with a 245/35 tire then a +38 rim turned up with new tyres, after an argument he promised me that the +35 shouldnt have hit and so he promises me to let him try the +38 on the car for freee and if they dont hit he will give them to me for the same price as i had already payed. Luckily they do not hit.

So all in all, To anyone looking to get 19" rims, 40 profile with a +35 offset rim is a bad combination,

On the note of tyres.. I currently am riding Khumo KU31 and they get really bad mileage, (i live in Roundabout hell), and so next im going to take your advice and try the Federal 595.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but I am chasing a new set of 245/40zr18's. Cheap Chinese s@#t I got with my rims are de-laminating in the sidewalls. Is the general opinion still potenzas or federals? My car does wife / kids taxi duty 80% of the time but dad enjoys a spirited drive on weekends. I don't mind spending a little extra on good tyres considering its my loved ones that they may save one day(touch wood it doesn't come to that).

I am currently rolling on a brand called altenzo. They are supposedly australian made and only make one design of tyre.

They also specialize in low profile tires making them a cheap alternative to the khumos I was running.

I have so far got great wear and tear from them, 20,000 kms so far on a TRD with little wear with good grip in wet and dry conditions.

Cost me about $500 for all 4 tyres.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I am chasing a new set of 245/40zr18's. Cheap Chinese s@#t I got with my rims are de-laminating in the sidewalls. Is the general opinion still potenzas or federals? My car does wife / kids taxi duty 80% of the time but dad enjoys a spirited drive on weekends. I don't mind spending a little extra on good tyres considering its my loved ones that they may save one day(touch wood it doesn't come to that).

Logan I can recommend Pirelli pzero nero, they are a little more expensive than other brands but the grip level and noise level is fantastic and well worth it :)