2012 Camry

urbanx

It's disappointing that the whole Atara range has the same alloys, I would have hoped perhaps the SL model would have something to distinguish itself.

We have got an Atara S (Ateva) into stock now in wildfire. Great car, amazing reverse camera for a low model car. The interior is just so much of an improvement over its predecessor it's not funny, and the exterior, well I don't mind it at all.

We have an Atara SX (Sportivo) coming in next week, graphite in colour with leather interior which we're registering as a demonstrator and will be my new drive car! Woot!

Oh I'm loving it! I am a little dissapointed with the colour choices though...be nice to have that nice white on the SX...speaking of which. For the salespeople in this forum, is the SX available with a moonroof option? It doesn't seem to show that anywhere. I am so excited about this car! I'm going to save very hard now indeed! Can't believe I wanted a Kizashi earlier in the year...

Oh I'm loving it! I am a little dissapointed with the colour choices though...be nice to have that nice white on the SX...speaking of which. For the salespeople in this forum, is the SX available with a moonroof option? It doesn't seem to show that anywhere. I am so excited about this car! I'm going to save very hard now indeed! Can't believe I wanted a Kizashi earlier in the year...

Yes it is available, in the Option Pack, which includes front illuminated vanity mirror, and rear map lights.

Hello again. Would anyone know how much the option pack would cost? Along with the footwell blue lights? they look so cool. hehe. Btw...am I allowed to ask questions like this here? Or do they belong somewhere else...

Edited by thtupid

The introduction of the gen 7 Camry range is following a similar marketing program as per the gen 6. That is, all models look very similar and they are aching for minor trim upgrades. Here is what should (and you just know it will) happen when they upgrade the gen 7 in early 2014:

- full LED rear light clusters (possibly with a minor design amendment)

- chrome on the grille, fog lights and rear of the SX and SL

- active radar cruise control.

While personally I would get a Camry, if you are objectively assessing mid-size cars to purchase with your own realy money, consider the Accord (not the Euro, the American one). Why? Honda is bleeding cash, the design is o-l-d, the car looks fugly, and Honda wants new car sales to generate fat profit when you bring it back for dealership warranty servicing. As for Toyota, they will NOT discount. Why? Guaranteed fleet sales, easily able to supply stock (unlike many other manufacturers due to Japanese tsunami and Thai flood), and they have already discounted their interest rates and servicing cost up the gazoo.

Saw one yesterday, don't know what grade though, white with machined alloys and looked bloody awesome, has so much potential..

Definitely going to Toyota for a look

Yeah there is a few dealer demo's starting to kick about now. We was lucky enough to get 2 altise's 2 Atara S and a SL. SL is bloody beautiful car to drive. Quality is spot on and isnt too far behind driving a current Lexus really. Do find it weird that at least the SL doesnt have the lip spoiler as standard though. Also the 18's off the American car would of being a nice touch to the SX to make it look a little more menacing. But really a nice car over all. Love the interior.

Lots of features across the range. But is light sensitive head lights available? Also illuminated vanity mirrors and rear map reading lights only available as an option pack.

Edited by whatsnew

Lots of features across the range. But is light sensitive head lights available? Also illuminated vanity mirrors and rear map reading lights only available as an option pack.

ALL variants of the Camry have Auto headlights. As opposed to older Toyota models, the AUTO mode is now in the first switch position, where as the older models had the AUTO in the last switch position

Altise Interior:

untitled%252520copy.jpg

Hey Guys,

All the Camry's still have vanity and map lights as well as sunglasses holder (although i'm sure it's not as deep as the 40 series) But yes it's true the Auto fuction is now the first light setting as opposed to the last like were used too.

"First" as in Off | Auto | Park | Full or no off at all? Coz the latter would be really gay.

First "ON" position would be a better way of saying what I did. It will have an "OFF" position of course.

I'm not really liking the steering wheel, for some reason it looks like it belongs to a small hatchback.

I was more thinking it needs a couple of thumbsticks to go with the D-Pads....

I'm not really liking the steering wheel, for some reason it looks like it belongs to a small hatchback.

I am not really liking the alloy wheel design. Looks like something from circa 1988, and definitely will be re-done in the 2014 facelift. I think the steering wheel is okay.

I am not really liking the alloy wheel design. Looks like something from circa 1988, and definitely will be re-done in the 2014 facelift. I think the steering wheel is okay.

post-26647-0-34266700-1325734600_thumb.j

Edited by aem

Good eyes, Camry steeriing wheels design is slighly similer to that of the new Yaris hatch. Ofocurse it's a lot larger with way more buttons and feels very nice in your hands too much better than the wheel in either Camry , Aurion or TRD.

Illuminated vanity lights for driver and passenger and rear map lights are part of an option pack. They are not standard even on the Atara SL. See Features and Lighting on Toyota Australia's link for the Atara SL below.

http://www.toyota.com.au/camry/specifications/atara-sl

Edited by whatsnew