2012 Camry

urbanx

Camry_large.jpg

I just noticed that the side profile looks almost identical to the current Camry?

Can Toyota get their own ideas to produce their products?

No idea why they went with the Liberty look, the current generation Liberty is super ugly.

The liberty look too bad in my opinion, tough i still prefer the last generation.

• 2 weeks later...

Toyota Press Release:

TOYOTA UNVEILS SEVENTH-GENERATION CAMRY

(Click here to view 2011 Toyota Camry Global Reveal Press Kit)

Toyota Australia today was a major participant in the global reveal of the all-new seventh-generation Camry.

The simultaneous launch of the new mid-sized vehicle in global markets signifies a strong resolve from Toyota Motor Corporation.

The Australian Camry range will feature unique model variants named Atara.

Toyota Camry debuts a new design with a more spacious interior, improved driving dynamics and an even quieter ride.

Every exterior body panel on Camry is new.

A new 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine delivers more responsive performance and better fuel economy.

Camry will now be fitted with a six-speed automatic transmission - replacing the current generation's five-speed.

Interior space has been further increased, especially for rear-seat passengers.

Camry and Atara sedans for the Australian market will be built at the company's manufacturing plant in the Melbourne suburb of Altona.

New Camry, including Atara, will arrive in local dealership showrooms from late November.

A new Camry Hybrid, also built in Australia, will be released in the first quarter of 2012.

All new Camry models will be equipped with vehicle stability control, traction control, anti-skid brakes, brake assist and electronic brake-force distribution.

Toyota Australia expects a strong five-star ANCAP rating.

Toyota Australia's senior executive director of sales and marketing David Buttner said next-generation Camry is a new-era car with more sophistication and enhanced rational reasons for purchase.

"Camry is the smart, safe and worry-free leader of the Toyota brand - a symbol of Toyota's benchmark quality, durability and reliability," he said.

"The next-generation car is intended to do everything better, which is important because our loyal Camry owners have big expectations."

Mr Buttner said the introduction of Atara would add an extra dimension to the Camry brand, appearing on Camry models targeted mainly at private buyers and the user-chooser segment of the fleet market.

"The introduction of Atara reflects the added sophistication of the new range.

"Atara signifies that next-generation Camry will continue to lead its segment with overall specification, performance, quality and value that are appreciated by Australian motorists," he said.

Atara has two origins:

• A Hebrew word for "crown" - which is a natural extension of Camry, which also means crown.

• A derivation of the Japanese word "atarashii" which means "new".

Photos of the all new Camry are now available, try www.brisbanetimes.com then go to their "Drive" section.

The new car is like the current one, but appears to have gone on a diet. I am not a fan of the new rear light cluster. Looks like Corolla sedan lite, as opposed to the current model's Lexus LS lookalike rear end.

I shall gladly hang on to my 2009 facelift model, and wait until Gen 8 comes along...hopefully by then it's a completely new chassis and exterior design.

"1990's time for the guru" Guru Josh

Looks like Corolla sedan lite

I predicted a Corolla x Subaru Liberty and the front end looks corolla inspired, the back end looks like a liberty, wooot.

Looks like the same doors were recycled from the current facelift generation of the Camry and Aurion as well except the horizontal line bends down a bit.

Good job Toyota.

Edited by Harlo

Initial public reaction isn't too good:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/134224/2011-toyota-camry-atara-unveiled-on-sale-in-australia-in-november/

Though all these models show the SE, does anyone have a picture of the LE/XLE sedan?

That looked quite attractive in the preview pictures. This sportive is shizzle though.

For the sportivo models I wish they would flair out the wheel arches like the Holden VE's. I have a bit of a soft spot for those. Makes the car look very mean :)

Yeah, those wheel arches on the Ve commodores are massive and i like it. Toyota could've done something like that, the current Aurion an Camry have really small ones.

Yeah I quite liking the front of the Sportivo and even the alloys although they still need to feel the guards better should have gone to 18's! & nah nobody will ever go to the extremes of VE's guards they cause drag and are very aero unstable, even Holden is cutting them in the next model.

Ooooo i love it I love it! The regular american models' seems to have quite the large underbite though...and i hope the atara model starts mid 30s with sportivo suspension...coz i'm loving it!!! The american interiors look so solid now! Unlike the previous generation where it looked just "nice" but plastic like. It still is plastic but it's like comparing say a mont blanc to a parker...Also hope the sportivo model will have the dual exhaust and the blinkies on the mirrors and paddles like the atara! Such a cool name atara!!! And i hope we get that new entertainment system! (although i doubt that...we never get any tech here until later)

Ahh sorry i'm just on a real big high atm. Here is a pic of the american range. Oh i forgot where (sorry not that helpful i know) but i remember reading about 18inchers on the sportivo.

Sorry for the clutter

post-17442-0-52127700-1314270092_thumb.j

post-17442-0-39611600-1314270237_thumb.j

post-17442-0-24932600-1314270252_thumb.j

Interior is much nicer, leather/vinyl wrapped dash? ;o

No more cheap feeling hard plastics used in current gen Camry/Aurions.

Still can't get over that exterior though, ;l

the side (the doors in particular) reminds me of the gen 5 Camry.

Windows look like they were taken 1:1 from the 6th Gen and the doors styled ever so slightly differently.

Edited by Harlo

Still not sure on the front,seems to spread and makes it look a little skinny from ground level and the rear is just plain ugly,seem bugger all thought went into that azz

and the steering wheel looks like a playstation controller and the cup holders need a cover of some sort,looks weird.

could be so much better IMO :unsure: