2012 Camry

urbanx

and the steering wheel looks like a playstation controller....

Yeah. Looks kinda tacky in it's design.

I also just noticed that the non-hybrid dash cluster has that fuel consumption gauge like the hybrids do. That gauge is such a pointless idea, even on the hybrid.

Sorry people who look after this forum...i know this kinda belongs to the "aurion" section but it's kinda still camry...albiet not australian. So here is a picture of the "grand" camry or the one the japanese and mainland china and probably south east asia most others will get. Personally i find it a step back from the current aurion except for the interior (which is almost identical to the us camry except with a lot more faux wood). It looks like the love child of an accord and pre facelift 6th gen camry...The back looks nice though. I got these two from www.caradvice.com.au. Sorry if i doubled up moderators!

IMHO, bring on the US camry (although the LE and XLE look a little typical american awkward and not quite different enough from the hybrid) and the Atara!

post-17442-0-89522100-1314404830_thumb.j

post-17442-0-32368000-1314404920_thumb.j

Edited by thtupid

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a review of a US-spec LE (Base model for consumers). The fleet special is the 'L'.)

09212011653.jpg

09212011656.jpg

09212011670.jpg

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/593451-test-drove-the-2012-camry.html

Not bad, considering that it is a base model. Hope Toyota Australia doesn't skimp out on the Optitron gauges this time (We never got that option down under since Gen5.).

+1 for the not liking the bumper party. It looks too big and clumsy under those sleek, aggressive headlights (which I do like, very much). Can't say I'm a fan of those wing mirrors either, or the playstation looking steering wheel controls. I do like the general design of the interior though - streaks ahead of the current model. My only gripe is that the cup holder needs a cover like in current Aurion.

Also, about the dash top - its obviously meant to look leather wrapped, but to me it looks like the semi-soft plastic like in current Aurion (and I assume therefore Camry), but with the stitching added to make it look like its leather. Does it look fake to anybody else?

i mean let’s be honest here. What we’re looking at is the poverty pack base model. And they never look any good always quite bland and no thrills although the interior for an entry level car still looks pretty good with the exception of the stolen Play station buttons and yerp fair to say the dash is fake. Maybe the Presara/ grande might get a more convincing dash though but over all for a base model its not bad. Certainly better then the first pics we all seen lol.

Link to Toyota US, you can see all the models there.

http://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/camry/

Looks good in the pics, and what I've seen on this forum. But as mention its mix of Subaru and Honda in particular.

ext5.jpg

This actually doesn't look too bad, the front bumper breaks it up quite nicely.

The rest of the range is lacking the same visual appeal, they have the huge fat front beached whale bumper.

Edited by Harlo

The media here have suggested the Australian spec vehicles will not receive the same audio system as US spec vehicles. Therefore, I would expect something similar to the double DIN units in the current Camry and Aurion models.

Toyota have uploaded a video to their website, no doubt this advertisement will get plenty of airtime today during the AFL Grand Final.

Toyota Next Gen sedans

The v6 Camry Se in the US (which would be the Atari S for us) boast 18" wheels, while the 4 cyl version is equipped with 17". Hope thats the case with the Aurion. Every other Camry will be equipped with wheels according to the previous model.

The media here have suggested the Australian spec vehicles will not receive the same audio system as US spec vehicles. Therefore, I would expect something similar to the double DIN units in the current Camry and Aurion models.

Toyota Next Gen sedans

We previously didn't get the same audio systems as the US in the first Generation Aurion / Camry equivalent. Even in our Sat-Nav there were many internal differences and some external (ie lack of external amplifier) that the yanks got. It's more of a subtle "under the skin" difference mostly.