What colour should I spray the car to?

Since the car has been reversed into and taken out the front and rear doors on the drivers side, it is getting an insurance job to fix it. This means the 2 doors and the front guard and the quarter panel will also be sprayed to get the colour blended back in. So pretty much the whole side of the car. I will probably get them to spray/touchup a few other panels too. Which is not far off having the whole car resprayed.

The shop said $5k to do a full respray - taking out the trims inside to get to the doors and such. Now depending on how much the insurance part of it will be, it may work out a pretty good price to get the car redone completely.

Question is what colour should I go if I do get it done.

1. Satin Black - easier to keep clean and still have a fairly matt finish

2. Matt Black - hard to keep it in top shape though

3. Gloss Black

4. Stock silver

5. 2 tones, satin black on top stock silver on the bottom. Pretty much windows up and the crease line that runs down the car + a few silver highlights on the bootlid and bonnet (where the creases are once again)

If I redid the whole car one of the blacks, would it be weird with the engine bay since I'm not going to be stripping it back to a shell, so there will be silver bits?

[edit] 2 tones, - from the bottom of the windows up

Lol

So with the respray, since it's base colour is silver, When you open the doors I'm guessing there will be areas where it will still be silver ? Have to wait till next week before I am free to contact the shop again because of work.

Lol

So with the respray, since it's base colour is silver, When you open the doors I'm guessing there will be areas where it will still be silver ? Have to wait till next week before I am free to contact the shop again because of work.

it depends how good of a job they do.

if i was the panel beater i'd only worry about the parts where u'd see (its not like you are going to tear down the car to see if they done every jam and every spot inside under the plastic trims. but at least they would have to do under the bonnet and in the engine bay as well. if thats the case then it would be a big job for them. ask them and see how you go :)

also +99999999999999999 for black (doesn't matter matt or gloss)

Coming from a panel beater, a respray is totally different to colour change (which is what you want). To do this add at least another $2k to the quote as there is a LOT more work involved. If you have deep pockets then, sure, go ahead, Otherwise, stick to the original colour.

Oh, and if you do decide on a colour change, be prepared to be without your car for at least an extra 2 - 3 weeks

Edited by HoldenBoi

Ok I think I have decided that if I am going to change colour, I'm going to use the BMW Frozen Black (U91).

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521374

And yeah I have to speak the the guys again next week to give him the insurance claim number and grab a quote off him.

Frozen black is a nice colour Anthony. Adrian is very accommodating so there is no reason not to ask!

I believe the price he quoted yesterday was exterior only.

Yeah what oodee said. But then how many (just generally) black gen 4.5 Camrys would we see around Australia... none. I like the Frozen black Anthony. Do it :P

I think he said $6k if we wanted glass out like the other car in there, and $5k without taking the glass out. Hmm but yeah I'll ask him all about it next week and options.

The bad part is that the lsd may have to wait a little bit longer. However if I were to just "fix" the damage, the car will probably never change colour.

Also lawrence, is this a secret plan for me to get all the cool stuff done so you can buy it perfect in the future :P hahaha jk :P

ps. Car most probably will not be fixed by the meet, not going to risk it not being ready for the meet and also the paint when it isnt fully cured when flying up and down mountains :P

Save yourself some moolah and take parts off the car before you go to the panel beaters... I'm sure you have some mates who would be willing to assist with that :)

haha Dave was trying to get me to buy his Camry before I got the Corolla haha. Little birdie say's Dan is selling his soon as you may know.

Ok spoke to Adrian. Gave him the paint code to try and test out on a random panel.

He said about 6k for a colour change and that includes behind doors, under the bonnet edges. But not the engine bay itself. And at least a quarter of that price will be taken off due to insurance paying for the repainting of the whole left side. But he will give me the proper quote for the insurance and then how much to add on for if I went with Satin black, and if I just did the silver.

Btw I've been told by people to get Frozen grey because if I go Frozen Black, it'll end up having lots of white stuff on it after the first thursday meet it goes to from a certain someone. :P

Ok spoke to Adrian. Gave him the paint code to try and test out on a random panel.

He said about 6k for a colour change and that includes behind doors, under the bonnet edges. But not the engine bay itself. And at least a quarter of that price will be taken off due to insurance paying for the repainting of the whole left side. But he will give me the proper quote for the insurance and then how much to add on for if I went with Satin black, and if I just did the silver.

Btw I've been told by people to get Frozen grey because if I go Frozen Black, it'll end up having lots of white stuff on it after the first thursday meet it goes to from a certain someone. :P

Black looks nice.

I popped into Impact Panel today and Adrian mentioned you came around :spiteful:

OMG that frozen black is pure sex.

Real shame this won't be ready for the meet, but at least then us mortals will actually have a chance at the show n shine

... but at least then us mortals will actually have a chance at the show n shine

<Cough> Andrew will be there. May as well just accept that there is no way you could win for exterior cleanliness.

... but at least then us mortals will actually have a chance at the show n shine

<Cough> Andrew will be there. May as well just accept that there is no way you could win for exterior cleanliness.

lol

remember that you have the skill of Moderator which gives you +5 to selection!

I reckon anyone who owns shares in a certain car washing business be banned from competing.

Looks like interior cleanlineas will have to be my forte, lest their is an award for customisation?