Chamois

jeffy

I am in need of a new one,

anyone know what type of brand to get that really sucks up all that water when wiping ?

and lasts the longest in their opinons ?

thanks,

Jeffy

I'm using Meguiar's synthetic chamois and it has lasted me about a year now and it's still absorbing water at a decent level. The job is so easy since it doesn't grab onto the paint. You can grab one at Supercheap Auto.

I'm using Microfibre Waffle Weave Drying Towel from F1 and you can dry a car without wring it out!

http://shop.finalinspection.com.au/product_info.php/cPath/23/products_id/90

I've been using it for 5 years and still good!

You're kidding me right? How thick is is-can't absorb that much water can it?! Can't believe it performs according to its manufacturer's claims.

Edited by Noodle Boy

ended up buying the meguiars chamois today, $30 bux or somethin,

and the foam tyre shine,

was gna wash car today, it ended up raining xD !! *Melbourne weather* zzzz

The microfibre waffle weave towels actually work quite well (though I don't know about the one above) - Meguiars have their "Water magnet" towel which is pretty good, but its only small in size and does get quite wet pretty quickly, though you can dry the whole car with it (not that I do often as I am lazy :lol:) Then just chuck it in the washing machine and wash it like you would your other car cleaning cloths, I use hot water and a bit of white vinegar.

• 2 weeks later...

I still use the good old fashion LARGE Oates one (the one that comes in the orange container). Works well especially if you are of a bigger stature compared to me. :P You can dry the whole side of the car with just 1 twist as I witness by our resident detailer Silvabullet!

• Like 2

Wow! The reputation button works now!

I use a waffle weave microfibre towel, 90cm x 90cm. I can dry anwhere from 85-100% of the car without having to wring it.

http://dryingtowelsale.co.cc/viking-microfiber-waffle-weave-drying-towel-9-square-feet/

what i found to help in drying your car is...

"using water to dry your car" :P

basically once u spray off all the excess soap, remove the nozzle from the hose and turn the water power down till the water "streams" out of the hose... then start from the roof and gently allow the stream of water to collect all the droplets and sheet the water away.. do this from top-down on the car and watch your car almost fully dry itself!

doing this i can dry my whole car using one meguiar microfibre cloth (wont scratch the clearcoat)... but ill still use my compressor to blow water out of annoying gaps.. which the aurion tends to have plenty of!! and then a final wipe with the same microfibre (twisted as dry as possible) and AG rapid detailer. taadaa!

heres a link if i made no sense whatsoever :P

Edited by -DAvo